PDA

View Full Version : Attention Everyone

NickGT
12-27-2002, 01:22 AM
Tonight my friend in her civic was going on northbound bow bottom, then getting on deerfoot just as you pass anderson, when a dark blue or black firebird (she's pretty sure) in mint condition drove into her lane, and forced her to smoke a curb spin out, then ram the median and her car is totalled.. the fucker drove off. Keep your eyes peeled for a similar car in that area. Thanks. Police report has been filed. Hopefully the dickface is caught.

boi-alien
12-27-2002, 01:27 AM
whoa what a prick :guns: :guns:

lammer
12-27-2002, 01:30 AM
wtf!!! yo man pisses me off..argh.
hope your friend is allright.:(

NickGT
12-27-2002, 01:32 AM
she's alright but shes out of a car now, she has school to pay for, and if this fuck isnt caught she's screwed. unbelievable, that after forcing someone to spin out, and slam a median you would just drive off..... hopefully karma kicks in and this guy goes through his windshield :rofl:

edit: She cut her neck up a bit in the whole incident, but other than that she says she's ok. I say wait a couple hours for everything to stiffen up.

Weapon_R
12-27-2002, 01:37 AM
Would the person in the Trans am even be responsible for something like this?

NickGT
12-27-2002, 01:39 AM
I'm really not sure. But I know that you certainly arent allowed to drive away from someone you recently forced to smash into a median. legally you better be doing everything you can to help someone in that situation out.

mrmattyk
12-27-2002, 01:40 AM
What year was the model of the firebird/transam?

NickGT
12-27-2002, 01:42 AM
she says that its not a newer one, maybe early 90's late 80s with a new paint job. She cant remember alot of it, it happened so fast the whole spinning out etc.

redbaron303
12-27-2002, 01:42 AM
Sounds just like me.... basically the same way I lost my Z on dec 24, cut off and the guy kept driving and I don't know what kidn of truck it was.

I have school to pay for and now an written of car and to top it off, like your friend who'll proably have to buy another car too without insurance money... can't afford collision insurance in alta.

The police told me there wasn't much I could do about my incident. It's a bummer, I really hate the jerks and Assh*les that come out of the woods this time of year and don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. Look two of us are screwed with our cars, is there anyone else who can join our club?!

PS = Tell you friend to get better, and just be thankful she's okay, "it's just a car" that's what my parents keep telling me :(

NickGT
12-27-2002, 01:43 AM
car also had tinted windows, and 2 males in it . . . time of accident 10:30pm December 26, 2002

"it seemed as though they were continuing to go straight as if they didnt noticed the curves in the road and just came into my lane".

Makes me wonder if alcohol was related and thats why the car didnt stop.

NickGT
12-27-2002, 02:08 AM
i guess there's not much we can do, but if you spot a car similar to this around that area. private message me the plate #'s if possible. So I can give them to her to contact the police to check into. Might help.

Dark Blue/Black - Firebird / Trans Am (shiny, like new paint)
Late 80's Early 90s
Tinted windows

Accident happened at 10:30pm December 26th, 2002
Deerfoot northbound, just after passing Anderson

max_boost
12-27-2002, 02:20 AM
That is too bad.....I am very sorry to hear......I guess everything happened so fast that there isn't very much she could of done at the time

NickGT
12-27-2002, 02:42 AM
its scary. and i think someone who would just drive away from it is the lowest kind of person ever...

ancient
12-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Umm...... I dunno if its the same one but ther is a nice looking firebird, parked near future shop shawnessy inbetween walmart and futureshop every day.....

You should go check it out.

NickGT
12-27-2002, 03:12 PM
thanks for the heads up, passing along the message, its up to her what she wants to do about all this

Redlyne_mr2
12-27-2002, 03:18 PM
that happened to me last year...never caught the fags in the j-body responsible

NickGT
12-27-2002, 06:31 PM
fuck im suprised this happens so often, some people are idiots =/ sorry to hear that man

FiveFreshFish
12-27-2002, 07:07 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. Does your friend have collision insurance?

Hopefully someone witnessed the incident and took down the plate number of the Firechicken.

NickGT
12-27-2002, 07:33 PM
I dont think so. I havent seen the car, but from what she said, the front fender i believe drivers side, was totally messed up, but the wheels looked alright and nothing was leaking under the car... so hopefully everything works out....

FiveFreshFish
12-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by FoxLX
I dont think so. I havent seen the car, but from what she said, the front fender i believe drivers side, was totally messed up, but the wheels looked alright and nothing was leaking under the car... so hopefully everything works out....

Hope you find the bastard and make his insurance pay up. She'll need witnesses to substantiate her claim.

NickGT
12-27-2002, 08:46 PM
hopefully someone comes forward, you think there would be someone who'd see this on deerfoot, it was only around 10:30pm..

mwmhong
12-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by FoxLX

Dark Blue/Black - Firebird / Trans Am (shiny, like new paint)
Late 80's Early 90s
Tinted windows

This is a bit of a longshot, but I was having breakfast at McD's and I was glancing over the classified ads in the Sun.

1985 Z28
112,000 orig Km, New paint & tires. Excel cond. $6,000. 244-5170 ask for Keith.

Maybe check on the color of this 'new' paint.

Not 100% sure if you should:

1) call over the phone and subtley ask about the color (saves time) OR

2) set up a meet (sound interested in the car and not interested in the fine details at all), just so you and her can SEE IT IN PERSON.

If the guy is the suspect and is trying to sell the car he might get defensive if you start probing about the color, so it might be better to not even bring it up at all, just so you can see for yourself and he doesn't know you're looking for it. :)

This is a longshot, but the high price, new paint, excellent condition and the Z28 caught my eye.

Pete92SL
12-28-2002, 03:18 PM
not to be a stick in the mud, but was your girls civic modified at all? Maybe this guy is targeting supped up cars, or what he/she would call a "ricer"

Hope that isn't it. We all put a lot into our cars.

Hope this bastard is caught.

Pete

NickGT
12-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

This is a bit of a longshot, but I was having breakfast at McD's and I was glancing over the classified ads in the Sun.

1985 Z28
112,000 orig Km, New paint & tires. Excel cond. $6,000. 244-5170 ask for Keith.

Maybe check on the color of this 'new' paint.

Not 100% sure if you should:

1) call over the phone and subtley ask about the color (saves time) OR

2) set up a meet (sound interested in the car and not interested in the fine details at all), just so you and her can SEE IT IN PERSON.

If the guy is the suspect and is trying to sell the car he might get defensive if you start probing about the color, so it might be better to not even bring it up at all, just so you can see for yourself and he doesn't know you're looking for it. :)

This is a longshot, but the high price, new paint, excellent condition and the Z28 caught my eye.

Thanks I'll definitely pass that on.

Originally posted by Pete92SL
not to be a stick in the mud, but was your girls civic modified at all? Maybe this guy is targeting supped up cars, or what he/she would call a "ricer"

Hope that isn't it. We all put a lot into our cars.

Hope this bastard is caught.

Pete

Not modified at all so thats not likely, i forget what year her civic is, but it is a pretty old car. I agree.

RiceCake
12-29-2002, 01:14 AM
Ouch, I hope that f*cker gets busted and that your friend gets well soon