PDA

View Full Version : dusting

danno
03-06-2005, 02:40 PM
i just bought the califonia duster. it works pretty good. i live in a new area and dust is every where from construction. it sucks because i have a black car, does anyone else have any tips for keeping the dust off????

ZorroAMG
03-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah, use the california duster you just bought.

It's the best thing next to saran wrapping and not driving your car...

?????
03-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Does it work pretty good? My Cars dark and a couple hours after i wash it you can see a layer of visible dust on the surface.
I don't have any remedies yet but does the duster show any signs of scratching the clear coat?

BokCh0y
03-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah, use the california duster you just bought.

It's the best thing next to saran wrapping and not driving your car...

:rofl:

GT2NV
03-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ?????
but does the duster show any signs of scratching the clear coat? :werd: ??

danno
03-06-2005, 10:32 PM
i don't know yet just started using it. my car is pretty scratched as the paint is old. but i'll let you know, it works very well so far. i think it kinda lifts the dust off so it doesn't rub it in. it was worth the 13bucks i paid already in washes

ZorroAMG
03-06-2005, 11:07 PM
the California duster is great, I use mine all the time, mostly now when the ravel dust flies like a mofo.

Bonka
03-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Which one did you buy? The full-size or the compact one? I've got the compact one (white plastic handle). It works well but you want to clean it regularly to keep it clean. Mine usually turns noticably black after one pass around the whole car.

As for scratching the clearcoat hard to tell. I personally prefer to just wash it over dusting it.

ZorroAMG
03-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Ummmm....you aren't supposed to clean your california car duster. Doesn't anyone read instructions anymore???

The dirtier it gets, the better it works.

?????
03-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Ummmm....you aren't supposed to clean your california car duster. Doesn't anyone read instructions anymore???

Where can i get one? Ebay? ;)
You still haven't answered us about the scratches? But since your praising the product i assume it leaves absolutly no scratches whatsoever. Which is a good thing cuz i need something like that. Its almost not worth washign my car cuz it'll be clean for half a day. :(

cman
03-07-2005, 01:03 AM
i think canadian tire has them, no?:dunno:

Bonka
03-07-2005, 02:59 AM

I DO read directions, all 7 of them...

If necessary, the mop may be hand washed in a gentle detergent and cold water and air dried

:thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
03-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Are you sure your's is a california brand? The large one I have says NOTHING about washing it and considering it has a wax on the fibres, washing it would be kinda dumb.

Bonka
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Yep I'm sure. I have this one:
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/store/catalog/images/Dash_Duster.jpg

I couldn't find the large one with the wooden handle so I got that one instead. This smaller one can also be used for the interior..

danno
03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
i have that one too. it says nothing about cleaning it. i got mine at canadian tire in the housewares section. don't notice any new scratchs yet. great little duster:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lam-boy
03-07-2005, 04:48 PM
is it like 15-20 bucks? I need one, my car collects dust so quickly after a nice wash/wax/cleaning.

QuasarCav
03-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
is it like 15-20 bucks? I need one, my car collects dust so quickly after a nice wash/wax/cleaning.

You and me both, the dashboard is even worse. I miss my blue car.

Buldog
03-18-2005, 04:59 PM
How do I clean my Duster?
Because of a special permanently baked in paraffin treatment, The Original California Dusters are made to provide years of effective service without the need for cleaning. Simply shake them out before and after each use. The "dirtier" they get the better they work.

If you find it necessary to clean your Duster because it is too dirty or if the Duster stops lifting dust, it can be washed. You may hand wash your Duster in cold water with a mild detergent such as Woolite, then air dry. Do not use hot water to wash or hot air to dry, as heat or harsh detergent may remove the special paraffin treatment.

buh_buh
03-18-2005, 05:06 PM
I like my California duster, but I find it doesn't leave the car as shiny as an actual wash, but it does pick up the dust really well.

And I have the full sized one, but there isnt a wooden handle on it... same white plastic one.