PDA

View Full Version : stupid compustar again lol

ecstasy_civic
03-06-2005, 09:31 PM
again this thing is acting up, more often then not, it plays this stupid song whenever I try to unlock or start my car.
All the little pictures show up and all the lights blink.

Its fuckin annoying at 4am when im going to work standing in my driveway waiting for this stupid song to stop lol.

any have any ideas or solutions.

oddjob
03-06-2005, 09:32 PM
did you try changing your batteries?

s2k_boi
03-06-2005, 10:07 PM
hey... that happened to mine too. its either the battery or if you got the knock sensor connected its screwed up, disconnect the knock sensor if you don't need it

core_upt
03-07-2005, 12:20 AM
again to the battery - sometimes the terminals inside the remote get loose and then start reading as if a new battery is put in everytime the terminals shift. Just an idea- it's happened before.

ecstasy_civic
03-07-2005, 12:22 AM
hmm ill check that, this just started about a week ago, but I changed the battery about a month ago.

ill let you know tommorow.
thanks.

LUDELVR
03-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
hmm ill check that, this just started about a week ago, but I changed the battery about a month ago.

ill let you know tommorow.
thanks.

haha, yah, that's the tell tale sign that your battery is dying! haha, it happened to me so many times man! Yah, and for some reason, the newer compustars go through batteries quite quickly. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

vietdood
03-07-2005, 05:02 PM
my battery starting leaking battery acid in my remote and it dried up over the coils. i thought the remote was dead until i started cleaning the coils and got a connection again then it worked fine.

ImportYouLost
03-07-2005, 05:59 PM
yeah its pretty funny. in my auto class at school someone came in with a gmc envoy.. i sat in it to pull it up to the lift and it shut off and locked up on me and the system called the cops because the computer didnt reconiize my voice or weight in the front seat LOL so i was trapped for 30 mins untill the owned came and called and got it unlocked

damn technology these days-

core_upt
03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

haha, yah, that's the tell tale sign that your battery is dying! haha, it happened to me so many times man! Yah, and for some reason, the newer compustars go through batteries quite quickly. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Try using the cheapest or next to cheapest batteries you can find, like maxells or something - duracells or enegizers will die in no time as they are ment for higher drain devices.

Good batteries die in month or less; cheap ones will last you 3-4!

LUDELVR
03-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by core_upt

Try using the cheapest or next to cheapest batteries you can find, like maxells or something - duracells or enegizers will die in no time as they are ment for higher drain devices.

Good batteries die in month or less; cheap ones will last you 3-4!

sweet man, good advice...now I'll just wait till I'm back in Canada when I'm with my car again!! hahahah :rofl:

core_upt
03-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

sweet man, good advice...now I'll just wait till I'm back in Canada when I'm with my car again!! hahahah :rofl:

I'm surprised you aren't in jail Broke Down Palace style - with a couple of hot chicks!!!

'93 SR-V
03-08-2005, 01:19 AM
I used to have that problem all the time when I used cheap batteries. I bought some energizer e2's and it works way better. They were kind of pricey, but I've been using the same battery since the summer. Give that a try.