PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Car Wheel I dented up

Code.Nightmare
03-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Last month, I was turning too fast (on a weathered road - very stupid of me:banghead: ) to the right getting onto another street and I lost control and smacked my drivers-side rear wheel against the curb.

I need another guys opinion on this .... Should I ...

1) Take it to the dealer and get a replacement on my wheel

or...

2) Take it to some wheel repair shop and get it straighten out

I dont know which one is more cost-effective if anyone could give me some suggestions, thanks!

Weapon_R
03-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Alberta Wheel Repair would be your most cost-effective choice. Depending on how badly dented it is, you should expect to pay about $150 for a repair (and that is what I paid for a pretty bad dent).

Code.Nightmare
03-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Allright, i'll try that. Thanks Weapon_R!

VetteRacin
03-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Alberta Wheel Repair would be your most cost-effective choice. Depending on how badly dented it is, you should expect to pay about $150 for a repair (and that is what I paid for a pretty bad dent).

I agree, Ive seen that place do some pretty good work with wheels

Canaduh
03-07-2005, 08:27 AM
ive got a friend who let his woman drive his stang and she hit the curb so hard it literally took a chunk off of the rim. Alberta wheel repair fixed it for 150 bucks and you would never know they touched it. Looks perfect:thumbsup:

Proboscis
03-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Maybe i could help which car is it and wheel i work at Canadian Wheel i could sell u a used one for like $150 to $200 depending on make
i use the Hollander Interchange Manual its my bible :)

RCBVtec
03-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I got a rim fixed at Alberta Wheel repair too and you can't even tell it was bent. Cost me $100. I hit a pot hole doing about 100 km/h. They hadn't even been on my car for 2 months yet. :thumbsdow Check em out they do good work.

JordanEG6
03-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

:werd: i brought my rim there and they re pretty inexpensive and they do an awesome job.

BokCh0y
03-07-2005, 04:16 PM
it also depends on what kind of rim it is. if it is a factory alloy or some fancy rim then yeah take it alberta wheel repair to have it fixed. will probably be $150. I took mine there for curb rash and they refinished the whole rim for me. If it's just stealies then just buy a new one.

Code.Nightmare
03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
I took it in yesterday and phoned about it today to see if it was ready for pick-up. The lady said its got a bad wobble and that it needed to go through a press. Dang, I guess it was a pretty bad dent.

Bokchoy - na its just some ordinary factory steel wheel

Weapon_R
03-08-2005, 06:34 PM
What did they quote you?

Code.Nightmare
03-08-2005, 06:36 PM
She first told me 45$, but I doubt that now, lol