PDA

View Full Version : Koenigsegg CCR officially takes the crown from Mclaren F1

BigMass
03-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Well looks like this is finally official. First production car ever since the Mclaren F1 to break the top speed record at Nardo. And for the Veryon jock riders, until it goes into production and does the exact same thing, it can lick the sweat off my hairy balls.

Hats off to Koenigsegg. He put his money where his mouth was.

Geneva Motorshow Press Release 2005-03-02

On February the 28th 2005, at 12.08 local time, the Koenigsegg CCR broke the production road car speed record, achieving a new official top speed of 388 (387.87) km/h at Italy’s Nardo Prototipo proving ground.

A team of five Koenigsegg engineers and mechanics together with founder Christian von Koenigsegg ran, a technically standard Koenigsegg CCR in order to take the top speed record for productions road cars. The famous supercar test driver, Loris Bicocchi who is a veteran recorder breaker, drove the CCR.

The Koenigsegg CCR raised McLaren's previously unofficial mark of 372 km/h set at Nardo/Prototipo in 1993 with over 15 km/h. On top of this the CCR broke the official McLaren F1 record of 386.7 km/h, which was set on the 9 km straight line VW Ehra facility in Wolfsburg Germany.

A team of Nardo Prototipo technicians independently verified the speed of the CCR. The car was clocked using Tag Heuer´s Splitmaster 650 with photocells stationary at the track, recording the average speed during 1 km.

Nardo Prototipo is a circular track with a circumference of 12.5 km. This means that the car is driven in a constant turning motion, which makes the exercise and speed even more impressive. The steering wheel at this speed is kept at around 30 degrees of constant angel, which equivalates to a sharp corner for the speed.

The constant turning motion of the car creates extra friction on the tires. This extra friction overcomes the extra horsepower that was needed for further acceleration. The maximum speed was reached at around 6790 rpm, which is not equivalent to the maximum hp level, which is at a higher rpm.

With this verification of speed, Christian von Koenigsegg is even more confident that the Koenigsegg CCR is capable of reaching its projected top speed of 395 km/h, or more, in a straight line.

Driver Loris Bicocchi was very impressed by the performance of the car. He feels happy to finally prove the performance of the Koenigsegg. “This test was very important for the customers and owners of Koenigsegg cars. It proves that their belief and faith in the small Koenigsegg Company was well founded”.

Filmator documented the record attempt. Filmator is a Swedish filmcrew that currently is making a documentary about the Koenigsegg Company for Swedish television.

The official Test Report is issued by Prototipo, acting as a third party verificator and is forwarded to the Guinness Book of Records for processing.

A pressconference will be held at 12:00 AM on Wednesday March 2nd 2005 at our Geneva Motor Show stand 2053.

Other interesting data from the Nardo test

Max temperatures (in degree Celsius) during 40 seconds of full throttle:
Ambient temperature: 8, Tires: 64, Engine coolant: 91, Intake air after intercooler: 64, Gearbox oil 94 degrees, Engine oil 112.

68 litre of fuel at the start of the test.

Car Set-up:
Standard road car fuel, Standard CCR Michelin tires, Standard ride height of the car, standard engine configuration, standard wheel geometries, standard gearbox, standard clutch, standard brakes, standard over boost pressure from the superchargers.

Test safety equipment:
Roll cage, 4 point safety belts, Fire extinguisher system, logging for data collection.

Comparison chart results at Nardo/Prototipo for Production cars:

1. Koenigsegg CCR 388 km/h
2. McLaren F1 372 km/h
3. Ferrari Enzo 355 km/h
4. Porsche Carrera GT 334 km/h
4. McLaren Mercedes SLR 334 km/h
5. Lamborghini Murcielago 330 km/h

Data was collected from Auto Motor & Sport, The official McLaren web page and from Prototipo for the Koenigsegg data.

http://www.koenigsegg.se./

JordanLotoski
03-06-2005, 11:26 PM
nice short shifter
http://www.koenigsegg.se./graphics/imagearchive/james_holm_3.jpg

nismodrifter
03-06-2005, 11:34 PM
I'll take 2 plz

DuPont
03-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
nice short shifter

:rofl: wtf? Whats with that gearbox, does it have a 1" throw?

/////AMG
03-07-2005, 04:24 AM
Knew Koenigsegg would do it soone ror later, they are amazing! :thumbsup:

crazydriver
03-08-2005, 12:09 AM
LOL, wow.. wasn't the Bugatti faster??

Team_Mclaren
03-08-2005, 01:26 AM
hah, about time someone breaks the record after 15 years of making! :D

Originally posted by crazydriver
LOL, wow.. wasn't the Bugatti faster??

Yes, but its not in projuction yet still, they are having huge problems with areo of the car last time i checked...

/////AMG
03-08-2005, 06:40 AM
Actually they are way closer to production now. If you pick up the latest evo Magazine they have an article on it and previous Bugatti's :drool:

I'll take pics of the article it if u guys want.

hjr
03-08-2005, 09:16 PM
the shifter is in perfect 'sport' driving position. check these pictures of an actual race cars cabin. Notice the shifter hight and location relative to the steering wheel.

http://e30m3performance.com/myths/Driving_Position/alpha_cockpit.jpg
http://e30m3performance.com/myths/Driving_Position/Menu.jpg

crazydriver
03-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Actually they are way closer to production now. If you pick up the latest evo Magazine they have an article on it and previous Bugatti's :drool:

I'll take pics of the article it if u guys want.

I'd love to see those pics AMG, i'm kinda curious what changes they've made to the car

/////AMG
03-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by crazydriver

I'd love to see those pics AMG, i'm kinda curious what changes they've made to the car

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79512

:thumbsup:

cycosis
03-09-2005, 03:51 PM
freakin sexy car, wow

raishin
03-11-2005, 12:12 PM
:cry: no place for coffee cup:rolleyes:

2002civic
03-11-2005, 01:12 PM
that is a beautiful automobile

car
03-26-2005, 02:45 AM
awesome car, whoever can spell its doors off the top of their head deserves a box of cookies

ex1z7
05-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Wait.. Those things are V8's ? Holy fuck ...

finboy
05-20-2005, 09:18 PM
that car is fucking sexy

DJ Lazy
05-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by finboy
that car is fucking sexy

:werd: So pimp....

iceburns288
05-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Those seats look REALLY uncomfortable.

Gondi Stylez