PDA

View Full Version : Portugal/Amsterdam: Anyone been?

bspot
03-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm going to Amsterdam, Portugal, and probably Spain for a bit at the end of this month/beginning of next. Has anyone on here been and can you recommend some cool things to do?

ninjak84
03-07-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm going to Amsterdam this year too.

But I've already got my route and events planned :) :clap:

bspot
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Care to share what you've got planned?

dirty_magic
03-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Ive been in Amsterdam. The plan, for one day at least, was to wander aimlessly, but we ended up seeing most of the main features, Anne Frank's house, Vondel Park, Van Gogh Museum, some famous underground parking lot, as well as the best part, Heineken Brewery! We also ended up in the oldest coffee shop in all of Amsterdam, try the space cakes! Oh, and a common misconception, pot is not legal over there, its just tolerated.

pints
03-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Been to Amsterdanm, but not the other ones. The Anne Frank House is really good. If you get the chance to after that go visit one of the concentration camps. If you like art there are really great museums, like the Van Gogh Museum and the rykes(sp?) museum. If you've never had pot before, overseas is definetly not the best place to be trying it. The Red light district was alright for a brief stroll through just to say i've seen it but unless you're into that stuff I wouldn't be spending to much time there. I did a canal cruise which was pretty cool, it's nice to see the city from a different point of view. Plus some of them include crazy amounts of boozeand snacks so you save on meal/drinking. The architecture is really nice as well, I liked just walking through the city.
Have fun!

Rockski
03-08-2005, 12:41 AM
get stoned and lay in tulip fields and watch the windmills :thumbsup: