PDA

View Full Version : e-brake light

thinmyster
03-07-2005, 11:14 AM
hey for some reason when i apply the foot brake on my car the ebrake light turns on. it started only when i applied the brakes hard but now it seems like it happens more and more ? any suggestions? im assuming this wouldnt just happen to mr2's?

QuasarCav
03-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Sometimes the E-brake light is actually a warning light for the whole braking system. It may not be this way for MR2's but check your fluid level anyway.

thinmyster
03-07-2005, 11:30 AM
yah i think thats the general thing you should do? and how about an "airy" sound coming from my exhaust? vaccum leak? i dont know someone suggested that to me? im not really sure tho

QuasarCav
03-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Makes sense, vacuum leak could cause your vacuum boosted brakes to not be as effective.

Do you notice poor brake performance? Check the brake booster tube.

BokCh0y
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
check your brake fluid levels and see if you can see how much pad is left on your brakes. i had this same thing on my camry, corolla and mr2. usually means low fluid.

thinmyster
03-07-2005, 12:36 PM
but the two arent related sorry if i miss informed yah im gonna check my brake levels today. but what would cause an airy sound coming from the exhaust? braking preformance seems fine tho

jvillain
03-08-2005, 09:32 PM
When my ebrake cables seized on over winter the ABS light came on even though the handle was released. I know your not getting the ABS light but you might want to check your cables any ways.