PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Installation - Where to go?

BokCh0y
03-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Just wondering if you people had any ideas as to where I can go to have my spoiler installed onto my car. All it needs is a couple holes drilled and the spoiler brake light attached. Spoiler is OEM so there shouldn't be anything crazy that needs to be done.

I know Contemporary does a really good job but their EXPENSIVE. Dude quoted me $150 + GST just for install. They did my spoiler on my Accord for me - painted, installed, brake light wired and new trunks springs for like $200-250. I'm not sure if this is reasonable or not but to me it seems kinda pricey.....

Any ideas or quotes or references would be great. Thanks in advance

-DK-

Weapon_R
03-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Can't you drill the 4 holes yourself and save your money?

On your spoiler, dab a little bit of paint on the tips of each thread. Now line up, and touch your trunk.

You now know where to drill. 10 seconds later, you will have everything done.

The brake light is 2 wires - power and ground. Wire them to the ones in your trunk and you should be good to go.

BokCh0y
03-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Can't you drill the 4 holes yourself and save your money?

On your spoiler, dab a little bit of paint on the tips of each thread. Now line up, and touch your trunk.

You now know where to drill. 10 seconds later, you will have everything done.

The brake light is 2 wires - power and ground. Wire them to the ones in your trunk and you should be good to go.

i thought about it but i'm I don't like getting my hands dirty hahaha.

I'm just scared of fukin it up and then having some REAL issues to contend with after. If you let me practice drilling holes in your trunk I'm sure I can find the confidence eventually :D

djayz
03-07-2005, 08:14 PM
i dont think it should be too hard considering its oem...didnt it come with instructions?

even if it didnt im sure a quick google search can find you what you need

BokCh0y
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Listen people, I appreciate the vote of confidence in regards to installing it myself...but what I would really like to know is if there is a good shop that can and will do it besides Contemporary. I'm just too damn chicken shit to drill holes into my trunk!!!!!!!!

pyro
03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
im pretty sure any place u go to will all be around the same price range.

'93 SR-V
03-07-2005, 08:47 PM
I think $200-250 is probably what you're going to be looking at. I've been to impressions a few times when they've been doing spoilers, maybe call them? If it's OEM, it should only be like an hour, at say $50-60 hr?

carzcraz
03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Not sure if this will help, but you might want to try Autotemp.

My bf was going to get his 3-series spoiler painted and installed by them and I don't think he was quoted quite that much for the install.

Good luck

BokCh0y
03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
looks like i will probably have to test drill and practice the art of spoiler installation on Weapon_R's car :D Thanks everyone for the info.

Altezza
03-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Even the dealership doesn't want to drill the trunks. They recommend Contemp Coachworks. I'm assuming you have a high-mount brake light in your IS300. You'll need to keep it or else you'll get the warning on your dash for burnt out rear lights. It'll look weird, but some IS300 owners just dangle the light bulb in the trunk when using the LEDs on the spoiler.

BokCh0y
03-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the Response Mr. Altezza. In stead of practising on Weapon_R's car I will take your advice and bring the Spoiler to Contemporary for Professional Installation. Thanks again for the advice.

-DK-