PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte into ae86 ?

Mr2boy
03-08-2005, 12:58 AM
I have a 3sgte sitting around and can get a ae86(GTS) with motor probs for 200$. What else would I need to get this conversion done. And how hard would it be. I only have the engine, no tranny or ecu. iwas thinking trying meqasquirt. I already have SDS on my mr2 and it works great but thought this would be cheaper as its a budget build for now.

Any thoughts on this project?

stealth
03-08-2005, 01:54 AM
i imagine it would be hard, why not swap it into ur 85 MKI?>

finboy
03-08-2005, 02:18 AM
if you can find a copy of C16 magazine from last month, it had a te27 (i think) corolla sprinter with a 3sgte, BUT it had a custom bellhousing so it could be bolted to a 3rd gen supra tranny.

Mr2boy
03-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Sounds like it may be a pain, converting a engine meant for a mr2 into a front engine rwd setup. So maybe I'll leave that for now.

Finboy - what is C16 i havent seen that mag before, is that one of those european $10 mags. I'll go check the local mag store and see what they have.

I was thinking of putting it into my mr2, but I am building a twincharge kit right now for it. I know the 3sgte will give it more power in the long run, but everyone says the twincharge cant be done well on a budget so I want to prove them wrong(if it works like it should). If that doesn't work right than I will probably put it in if I dont find something else to put it in first.

thanks

finboy
03-08-2005, 11:50 PM
its $9 and its from the states, check a larger book store, its a square shaped magazine, independent as well.