PDA

View Full Version : BDB Martial Arts



awd
03-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Anyone know of this gym? or go there?

They offer BBJ, Muay Thai/Kickboxing for one monthly price -- $55/month.

finboy
03-08-2005, 10:53 AM
i got a free 2 week pass from a friend of a friend at mt.royal, still haven't checked it out though.

its the one in the NE right?

awd
03-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by finboy
i got a free 2 week pass from a friend of a friend at mt.royal, still haven't checked it out though.

its the one in the NE right?

Yea its the one in the NE -- thats the only crappy thing, driving way up there 3-4 times a week.

finboy
03-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by awd


Yea its the one in the NE -- thats the only crappy thing, driving way up there 3-4 times a week.

there is the other gym in the barracks beside mountroyal, but i think they are a bit more pricey.

Chim
03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Haven't been to Canuckles personally but they do turn out some damn good fighters...

Matt @ Skye Service
03-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah BDB is actually run by a good friend of mine, he goes to mount royal also, I trained with him two years ago, he is an amazing fighter.

Matt @ Skye Service
03-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Hey how is the teaching of computers coming?

Neons4life
03-12-2005, 09:21 PM
The gym in the barracks is Mike Miles. And they are $45 for students I believe. And they do have a nice weight training setup. Plus you can go to any of their gyms if you're a member.

Loose
03-12-2005, 10:40 PM
no it's not

awd
03-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by pimped_up
Yeah BDB is actually run by a good friend of mine, he goes to mount royal also, I trained with him two years ago, he is an amazing fighter.

Cool, I think I am going to join up -- just want to find out if I have to sign a one year contract. During the summer I am away alot with work so I would rather not be paying for a month if I am not there.


Originally posted by pimped_up
Hey how is the teaching of computers coming?

Good good, almost done for the year --- who is this?

Loose
03-15-2005, 01:48 PM
BDB is awesome. They have a great BJJ instructor (Brian Bird), and kickboxing instructor (niik riing).

Plus you get to go to National Kickboxing, which is probably the best gym in Canada for kickboxing (go to the downtown location). I think the mount royal location (hy-performance) has seperated from the group, so don't count on them. If you are a member you can also train at National in Edmonton (which sucks), Nat. in Cochrane, and the Canadian Martial Arts Centre in Lethbridge (many good mma fighters). It's all affiliated.

Goliath_273
04-28-2005, 02:30 PM
It's an awesome club, I completely agree. I've been training there for only a few months but have learned alot. I'll be going up to Edmonton for the last few months of my membership, so it's nie to know I have to option to train still when I'm up there. What don't you like about National?

bigbadboss101
04-28-2005, 06:02 PM
There is the one on 11th Ave., one in Ranchland run by Trevor. The army barrack on I am not sure. Someone said they are running things differently. There is one in the SE that has Chinese martial arts, I forgot the name. I didn't know BDB is included, I mean that you can go to all gyms including Brian's.

Loose
04-28-2005, 06:58 PM
www.mikemiles.com
http://www.nationalbjj.com/
http://www.mixedmartialarts.ca/HTML/CMC.htm

ecstasy_civic
05-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Loose
BDB is awesome. They have a great BJJ instructor (Brian Bird), and kickboxing instructor (niik riing).

Plus you get to go to National Kickboxing, which is probably the best gym in Canada for kickboxing (go to the downtown location). I think the mount royal location (hy-performance) has seperated from the group, so don't count on them. If you are a member you can also train at National in Edmonton (which sucks), Nat. in Cochrane, and the Canadian Martial Arts Centre in Lethbridge (many good mma fighters). It's all affiliated.

My brother in law used to be a fighter, hes getting me started there, hes pretty good friends with Brian and Nick.

Sounds pretty amazing.