PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Tuner

Melinda
12-28-2002, 03:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

As many of you know, I am the founder of AlbertaTuner.ca, an online magazine devoted to all of alberta's modified cars.

The debut date for the magazine was scheduled for January 1, 2003 but due to many circumstances beyond my control such as conflicts between the Administration at Alberta Tuner and being very much on my own with the magazine (writing/pictures/scouting) for the past few months, I will have to postpone the debut date significantly.

As of now, I am not sure when Alberta Tuner will finally be off the ground. I need to rebuild my team and get a new staff to assist me a little more before I can be sure but I promise to let you guys know as soon as things are a little clearer.

I appreciate all the enthusiasm I have heard towards this project and I assure you that this will be up and running soon.

If you have any questions or concerns, please send them my way at [email protected].

Thanks again everyone,

Melinda Syryda
Alberta Tuner

Davan
12-28-2002, 11:35 AM
Let me know if I can help you out in any way! :)

B18C
12-28-2002, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure how helpful I can be but if I can help, PM me. :)

Dave P
12-28-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by B18C

Same here

Dave P

Melinda
12-28-2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks guys, my focus right now is getting somewhat of a "full time" team (people who will contribute each month) for writing, pictures, scouting, recruiting ect.

Mel

GTS Jeff
12-28-2002, 03:26 PM
id help, but i would probably do more harm than good

Ben
12-28-2002, 04:02 PM
I always have pics to submit. :thumbsup:

CLiVE
12-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Mel,

Let me know if you need any help also....

-R

SilverRex
12-28-2002, 08:25 PM
kewl so how do you join up? maybe the first 50 members u get a free megazine plus a alberta tuner decal for my car ^^ just a thought

Melinda
12-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
kewl so how do you join up? maybe the first 50 members u get a free megazine plus a alberta tuner decal for my car ^^ just a thought
When the magazine is finally up, it will be an online, free magazine. As for members, there won't be any...Just the Alberta Tuner Staff and the readers. As for decals, there will be some made up that you can get for your cars.

As I said earlier in the thread though, I need to rebuild the team/staff before I can get the magazine actually up and running the way it needs to be before the magazine actually comes out

Thanks for the enthusiasm though!!

Melinda

SilverRex
12-29-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

When the magazine is finally up, it will be an online, free magazine. As for members, there won't be any...Just the Alberta Tuner Staff and the readers. As for decals, there will be some made up that you can get for your cars.

As I said earlier in the thread though, I need to rebuild the team/staff before I can get the magazine actually up and running the way it needs to be before the magazine actually comes out

Thanks for the enthusiasm though!!

Melinda

what kind of help do you need? just curious!:rolleyes:

Melinda
12-29-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

what kind of help do you need? just curious!:rolleyes:
I will need:

People to write/take pictures/find cars and info for the magazine EACH month
A few ppl with some web site know how
Probably a few people with some good overall knowledge of car audio, engines, little fun tid bits, events/happenings around alberta
People from Red Deer, Edmonton, the Hat ect to be corespondants so we can include the whole province and not just calgary

Melinda

95TsiAWD
12-29-2002, 11:55 AM
Well I'll have a bunch of DSM articles I was going to put together for myself (VFAQs) from all of this winters projects. You have first dibs on them if you want.

Hollywood
12-29-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

I will need:

People to write/take pictures/find cars and info for the magazine EACH month
A few ppl with some web site know how
Probably a few people with some good overall knowledge of car audio, engines, little fun tid bits, events/happenings around alberta
People from Red Deer, Edmonton, the Hat ect to be corespondants so we can include the whole province and not just calgary

Melinda

I can write and do web publishing. But I'm not a photographer, but it's all wasy best to have specialty people do separate things IMO. PM me if you wish.

Melinda
12-29-2002, 01:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your support. In the next few weeks, I will begin everything again and I will be contacting those of you who have offerered their help...thanks again, the beyond family is awesome

Melinda

ninjak84
12-29-2002, 02:24 PM
When I do my cat-back exhaust and coilover install in the coming weeks, I can take pictures and make them into articles for you. I was planning to send the articles into NICO as well, they have alot of great "how-to" installs.

Melinda
12-29-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
When I do my cat-back exhaust and coilover install in the coming weeks, I can take pictures and make them into articles for you. I was planning to send the articles into NICO as well, they have alot of great "how-to" installs.
Awesome, thanks man! :thumbsup:

Mel

James
12-30-2002, 08:55 AM

:werd: :thumbsup:

Melinda
12-30-2002, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure how helpful I can be but if I can help, PM me. :) Thanks everyone, I will be PMing in the next few weeks so let me know if there is something you have in mind to contribute :thumbsup:

Melinda

350hp_or_Bust
01-02-2003, 09:53 AM
If you still need ppl ... I could do some tech writeups or answer reader questions on general engine & vehicle dynamics.

PM me

Melinda
01-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by 350hp_or_Bust
If you still need ppl ... I could do some tech writeups or answer reader questions on general engine & vehicle dynamics.

PM me
Oh yeah, I'll definately be PM'ing ya man! Thanks!

Melinda