PDA

View Full Version : Love Handels

gggunit
03-08-2005, 06:05 PM
this seems to be my downfall .. its the fat the lurks on the side of your abs.. im getting definition in my abs starting to see the outline a lil but am having a hard time with the love handles.. tried side crunch's no change anyone else got any tips?

buh_buh
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
try doing twists with your crunches.

1badPT
03-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Have you started cutting or are you still bulking? I wouldn't worry about it too much if you're still bulking, you should be able to clean that up during your next cut cycle. If you are cutting and you're not seeing the love handles go away, you might be a bit high on your calories or not doing enough cardio.

DUBBED
03-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Love handles are hella hard to get red of. I'm having the same issue.

I just gotta stop hitting up Wendy's on the way home from the bar. :barf:

~Leah~
03-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, watch what you eat and increase your cardio

ecstasy_civic
03-08-2005, 09:45 PM
some girls like love handles.:werd:

hockeybronx
03-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
this seems to be my downfall .. its the fat the lurks on the side of your abs.. im getting definition in my abs starting to see the outline a lil but am having a hard time with the love handles.. tried side crunch's no change anyone else got any tips?

Love handles along with definition in your abs are more a result of the amount of body fat in your body, and not certain exercises you do.

Your body just stores some excess fat in that area, if you exercise regularily and eat right, your body will need to eat that fat for energy and then it will be gone.

Rather than trying to find "the perfect move", focus more on what will decrease your body fat percentage.

EG STyLeZ
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Love handles along with definition in your abs are more a result of the amount of body fat in your body, and not certain exercises you do.

Your body just stores some excess fat in that area, if you exercise regularily and eat right, your body will need to eat that fat for energy and then it will be gone.

Rather than trying to find "the perfect move", focus more on what will decrease your body fat percentage.

:werd: you can do all the crunchies and leg raises you want, but that won't do anything to get rid of the layer of fat covering the muscles.

JeremyD
03-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Here is a good work out from what I have seen but like everyone else has said (and it is mentioned in the article) diet is the only way to get rid of a gut and love handles

http://www.dolfzine.com/page656.htm

Matt @ Skye Service
03-12-2005, 02:25 PM
A good Supplement to take to help with this is called Yohimbine, it will help shut down receptors in your mid section and help you to remove the fat. Also if your not already taking a good fat pill you should be. Omega 3-6-9 and things like that will also help

~Leah~
03-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by pimped_up
A good Supplement to take to help with this is called Yohimbine, it will help shut down receptors in your mid section and help you to remove the fat. Also if your not already taking a good fat pill you should be. Omega 3-6-9 and things like that will also help

DO NOT take a fat pill... I sure hope you're not talking about one of those stupid fat stoppers or some shit. Omega 3-6-9 pills are okay cuz those are the essential fatty acids... but don't take that stupid fat stopping crap... you'll wreck your body good.

hockeybronx
03-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by pimped_up

In my opinion all of these damn diet pills are a complete scam of peoples money. Have we come to the point where we'd rather pop a pill and hope we lose weight than do the things we know will make us healthier.

Forget about the magical pills and miracle foreign substances, if you want to lower your body fat percentages:
- drink water
- exercise
- eat healthy frequent meals

~Leah~
03-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Well the problem with the diet pills is they up your resting heart rate making it work harder, and that just isn't healthy for people. Sure, up your heart rate when you're working out but don't make your poor heart work harder than it has to otherwise.

Mckenzie
03-13-2005, 09:08 PM
So this is a pretty amateur question...but I cannot find any good answers to it.

If you want to lose the flabs by doing cardio while concurrently lifting weights, how are you to change your diet to accomodate both?

I have read numerous studies about how you cannot do both very effectively, but it seems te be a fairly common workout routine.... (weights/cardio every other day with one day off for 3 weight lifting sessions and 3 cardio sessions per week).

I am doing 30 min of cardio 3x per week and I have cut out alot of the fats and uselss carbs from my diet and am starting to lose some weight, but I am still eating like a mamoth as I am lifting heavy 3x per week as well. Does this contradiction ever workout?

How can your diet accomodate you putting on a bit of muscle and losing a bit of fat?

hockeybronx
03-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
So this is a pretty amateur question...but I cannot find any good answers to it.

If you want to lose the flabs by doing cardio while concurrently lifting weights, how are you to change your diet to accomodate both?

I have read numerous studies about how you cannot do both very effectively, but it seems te be a fairly common workout routine.... (weights/cardio every other day with one day off for 3 weight lifting sessions and 3 cardio sessions per week).

I am doing 30 min of cardio 3x per week and I have cut out alot of the fats and uselss carbs from my diet and am starting to lose some weight, but I am still eating like a mamoth as I am lifting heavy 3x per week as well. Does this contradiction ever workout?

How can your diet accomodate you putting on a bit of muscle and losing a bit of fat?

Dude your body does it naturally. You put muscle on, and that muscle turns into a fat burning macine as it needs to consume stored fat to grow.

To accomodate both it's quite easy, up your protein consumption levels while keeping your fat levels relatively low, and your carbohydrate levels low as well. Great foods for this include chicken breasts, tuna, lean ground beef, and protein supplements.

You can still eat a ton, just make sure you eat small meals frequently, and that your meals are healthy, with a good source of meat, grains, and fruits and vegetables in every meal.

The more your workout and drink water, the faster your metabolism will get, add on building some muscle and between the two you will quickly burn fat.

~Leah~
03-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Also, if you're looking to lose fat, 30 mins of cardio 3x a week honestly isn't going to do much. I'd up that to at least 45 mins of cardio 4-6 days/week if you're really serious about it.

JAYMEZ
03-15-2005, 01:16 AM
^^ 30 mins could be enough , just depends on how hard he is going... But like everyone said , DIET DIET DIET is the way you are going to loose the fat! But at the same time , dont starve yourself , it is bad for your body and will make you look fat :drama:

2.4l
03-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by JeremyD
Here is a good work out from what I have seen but like everyone else has said (and it is mentioned in the article) diet is the only way to get rid of a gut and love handles

http://www.dolfzine.com/page656.htm
eww that guy in the pic is soooo nasty looking, i would knock that litlte roid head the fuck out...
anyways for side abs try hanging leg raises and bring you legs up diagonally so the side gets worked. if your actuly like a fat guy i would just start running or doing hit reps of situps i duno.. hope i can help

Carfanman
03-15-2005, 10:07 AM
^alot of body builders look like that, he looks kindof old, so hes actually in really good shape for his age. (when I say old, I dont mean ancient, but like 50-60)

calgarygts
03-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Don't eat for a few days.