PDA

View Full Version : Audi Projectors with BMW Hids

luderollup
03-09-2005, 12:46 PM
hey guys i found a set of hids from a wrecked new BMW 3 series for a killer deal, and im going to pick up my new headlights today from a 2000 audi a4.. im just wondering if the headlights will work in the new projectors without a whole bunch of splicing wires and shit, cause i cant seem to find a lighting chart to match up bulbs..im pretty sure the ballasts will work just not the wiring and bulbs

benyl
03-09-2005, 01:27 PM
What parts did you buy from the BMW?

Are the 2000 A4 headlight HID headlights?

R-Audi
03-09-2005, 01:35 PM
The bulbs will not fit, my advice is to sell them, and buy a proper H7 kit. I got mine (5600k) for 430, and it was plug and play. (some cutting of the housing to make the ballast fit in the OEM mount)

No matter if the headlights are made for HID's or not, they will look and work fine since they are projectors. (I have HID's in my non HID E-codes, and they look the same to me as the HID ones, without the auto adjust)

benyl
03-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Non HID ecodes are a different story. The beam pattern and cutoff are better. Non Hid projectors will still have a shitty beam pattern with hots spots when using even rebased HID bulbs.

Chester
03-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
The bulbs will not fit, my advice is to sell them, and buy a proper H7 kit. I got mine (5600k) for 430, and it was plug and play. (some cutting of the housing to make the ballast fit in the OEM mount)

No matter if the headlights are made for HID's or not, they will look and work fine since they are projectors. (I have HID's in my non HID E-codes, and they look the same to me as the HID ones, without the auto adjust)

The reason your HID's look fine in your projectors is because the Halogen projectors that come with Audi's and Mercedes are usually really good quality. If you take HID's and stick em in a integra with projectors it looks like shit.

luderollup
03-09-2005, 02:03 PM
k thats all i needed to hear......might have to go the aftermarket h7 route. if i can though i really wanna try and keep everything OEM Audi. not cause im cheap at all just cause a pimped car that looks like it came from the factory is the look i want...

benyl
03-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Why don't you get a factory HID housing?

R-Audi
03-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Although the E-code cutoff is better, you wont have a problem with the beam, not like the civics, Integras and other retrofit HID's.
I know there are also RS6 HID kits for sale through AZ or AW for 310usd, thats about as factory as you will get. I have accumen that I bought from Calgary B5 on the board, and they work great.

Maybe get the BMW ones, and try them out as fogs? or try reselling them if they are a really good deal.

As a side note, do you have an upgraded BPV yet? (Neccessity with a chip) I have a GFB one laying around that I am trying to get rid of..pm me for details!