PDA

View Full Version : Truck Performance/Accessory Shops?

bol
12-28-2002, 05:50 PM
Anyone know of any good truck performance/accessory shops in Calgary?

Also a place that sprays bed liner real good...

:angel:

BigBearWest
12-28-2002, 06:55 PM
Raven Truck Accessories

SpoonEK9@STRD
12-28-2002, 10:11 PM
stripe tech

ninspeed
12-28-2002, 10:39 PM
What kinda truck is it, and what are you looking to do?

LowRiderHD2000
12-28-2002, 11:40 PM
Raven - I would use Raven for the bed liner. I have purchased parts through them and they were on time and in perfect shape. Just don't use their painter. Plus they make mistake well doing there accounting so you may get a deal.

Stripe Tech - Very good quality work. We used them for the Air ride system on the Escalade and it was perfect quality. Made an order of rims, exhaust, grills and chips through them and all were on time and installed quickly. They do give some people attitude though and treat you like you wasting their time if you ask to many questions. I wasn't impressed.

Street Heat - I haven't ordered anything through them. I think their parts and shop is cheap and not trust worthy. They do some good air brushing though.

Western Motersports - They installed my lowering kit and some of my engine mods on the Harley truck. They didn't install the spacers I asked for and it almost costed me major dollars. I noticed in time to save it though. I let it slide because it was an install in uncharted waters. I was the 2nd 2000 HD lowered.

I order most performance parts over the net. More of a selection and you can get some good deals.

If you are looking for a show quality look you may want to look into a carpeted bed liner.

theken
12-28-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by LowRiderHD2000

Stripe Tech - Very good quality work. We used them for the Air ride system on the Escalade and it was perfect quality. Made an order of rims, exhaust, grills and chips through them and all were on time and installed quickly. They do give some people attitude though and treat you like you wasting their time if you ask to many questions. I wasn't impressed.

Street Heat - I haven't ordered anything through them. I think their parts and shop is cheap and not trust worthy. They do some good air brushing though.

I worked at stripe tech not too long ago, all of their stuff gets shipped from different places around the city, they are very expensive, and they ship all the vehicles that are going for painting to apple autobody, who don't do that good of work (from what I have seen, lot's of runs) Street heat I beleive is one of the best painting places in calgary because they do house of Kolors paint, which is like the best show paint ever. Bill at street heat is a very reasonable guy and his prices can't really be beat. His shop is one of the only shops that i know of that will do a body drop :thumbsup: most places don;t even want to touch that with a 10 foot pole because of the like millions of hours in labor. For a bedliner shop around, carpet is cool:thumbsup: but you can't really haul anything in it.

LowRiderHD2000
12-29-2002, 12:08 AM
Yes, Stripe Tech can get exspensive. I haven't had any issues with there work.

Can't go wrong with HOK paint. I talked to them about air brush on the HD. Any time I got price checks it was for low quality parts.

bol
12-29-2002, 01:37 AM
Sweet! Thanks guys!