PDA

View Full Version : looking for Home theatre jobs

RawB8figure
03-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Anyone one work within the home theatre and home electronics industry.

If so im interested in starting, but wondering what kind of education you need.

Thanks

EK 2.0
03-09-2005, 08:12 PM
are you looking in sales??...tech??...installation??...

I have been working Electronic sales for over 5 years now...start by looking for a job with a company like Future Shop, Best Buy, A&B Sound those guys...and then see how it suits you...

if it's installations...there are a few companies who are listed in the yellow pages that install Surround Sound Systems, Plasma Montirs and the like, give them a shout...

and if its repairs, dude, I have NO idea:D

JordanLotoski
03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
see if you can get your foot in the door at showcase, they have a wicked 150,000 homes theater on display there, its insane.

EK 2.0
03-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
see if you can get your foot in the door at showcase, they have a wicked 150,000 homes theater on display there, its insane.

someone with no expirience is gonna have a heck of a time getting in at Showcase...

JordanLotoski
03-10-2005, 12:09 AM
hey i didnt say as a sales rep..i said gettinga foot in the door doing anything. showcase does alot more then u see in the showroom

jdmakkord
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
hey i didnt say as a sales rep..i said gettinga foot in the door doing anything. showcase does alot more then u see in the showroom

Anything geared towards the install side doesn't pay shit. They hire a bunch of hacks, send them out to do regular installs, and have a couple of guys doing the big dollar ones on the side.

tictactoe2004
03-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Go get a job at Soundsaround if you want a job in home theatre, I know they're hiring right now, they work you like a dog, but they provide sales training and they do alot of manditory product training. They dont really treat you very well, but you'll learn alot if you work there. as for Visions/Best Buy/Futureshop/A&B... A&B is in financial trouble... Futureshop and Best Buy will probably offer you a hourly instead of commision (unless things have changed in the last few months since I've been out of home theater sales) and well, Visions... uhm, heh, fun job, ok money, but its a very dirty place, they sell lots of low end stuff.. and you wont learn alot about home theater... i'd say soundsaround for sure, if you can do good there, its about the only way you'll get your foot in the door at a place like Showcase or Smart Home Systems...

P.S. if you get a job at soundsaround just make sure you dont miss any of the trainings or you _WILL_ 100% chance of losing your monthly bonus. :)

32V-V8
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Showcase does home automation as well... they are the guys you phone when you want your Big Screen to come out of the floor and pour you a drink etc.

rvd
03-22-2005, 03:20 PM
http://jobbank.gc.ca/ShowJob_en.asp?OrderNum=1241297&Source=JobPosting

tc3
03-22-2005, 08:54 PM
DON"T work at Soundsaround!!!!!!!!!!!
They will treat u like shit!! Degrade u and some how rip u off.
Visions is a far better place.