PDA

View Full Version : New watch

iceburns288
03-09-2005, 07:55 PM
I had a sweet G-Shock watch for 4 years and it never broke, I loved it. I treated it like crap sometimes too. Fantastic watch. Cost me 100 bucks, sweet deal for a long lasting big and functional watch. It got stolen this week, and I love to keep track of time and need a new watch.

I would really like something like a G-Shock, so I might buy another. I want a digital watch that supports military time and is very accurate. I am interested in the new line of Atomic Solars from G-Shock, with an antenna to keep time from the official government atomic clocks. Sweet!

Any suggestions for me to buy a new watch? I don't want brand names like Gucci and whatever.

schurchill39
03-09-2005, 09:59 PM
:insert open mouth in disbelief smilie here:

t-im
03-09-2005, 10:06 PM
I have 3 G-Shocks from over the years..and if you want a digital watch, it's hard to beat..I've always found them kinda big for my wrist, but they were tough and had good functionality.

Originally posted by schurchill39
:insert open mouth in disbelief smilie here:

..???

Team_Mclaren
03-09-2005, 10:08 PM
I've bad two 2 nike watches in 6 years. Pretty good sport watches imo. Their style is like it or hate it tho... if you like how they look they are not bad for the money. I really liked the track/lap time function as I was able to time myself running tracks or swiming lanes.

88CRX
03-09-2005, 10:10 PM
i had a nike :thumbsdow worst watch i ever owned..... got moisture in it and it shit the bed.

lasted 2 years tops maybe

Team_Mclaren
03-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
i had a nike :thumbsdow worst watch i ever owned..... got moisture in it and it shit the bed.

lasted 2 years tops maybe

really? ouch...

I never had any problems with mine.. they both lasted 4 long years of abuse till I broke them... I also wear my watches 24/7

Benny
03-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I've been using this TIMEX triathlon watch for about 5 years now. I've gone through 2 in that time though. I accidentally flushed one of mine down the toilet in some hotel in kamloops. That was a strange night. :thumbsup:

spike98
03-10-2005, 12:19 AM
I just picked up a bulova 96D09. I love it. Its pretty basic if you like that look. Black mother of pearl face, Dimonds for the numbers. It was on sale at about $460 plus tax

Edit: hahah neverming didn't read where you said you didn't want a fancy smancy one

Dope Dealer
03-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
I really liked the track/lap time function as I was able to time myself running tracks or swiming lanes.

ahahahha i can just picture u now vince...

less cardio.. more hitting the gym stickboy! :D

Crasian
03-10-2005, 04:12 PM
if you want something good you MUST have a swiss movement, unless you are going to go atomic. the only other suggestion is a Tissot High-T its swiss, touch screen and runs on atomic time., oh yea and its connected to MSN direct.

rmk
03-10-2005, 05:19 PM
:werd: my nike is still ticking, but barely. 7yrs so far, but after every month something broke. the paint is all gone, lens scratched, and fogged.. blah blah blah. i guess thats what happends when 6yr olds who are used to stitching together fabric are assigned to making a 250$ watch.

timex are really good watches.

Dope Dealer
03-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Crasian
if you want something good you MUST have a swiss movement, unless you are going to go atomic. the only other suggestion is a Tissot High-T its swiss, touch screen and runs on atomic time., oh yea and its connected to MSN direct.

Whats the price on one of those? Got any that has stock/sport scores?

T-Dubbs
03-10-2005, 06:02 PM
i was on my 3rd g shock since grade 5 and i finished highschool last year
who sells G shock?

Crasian
03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Its about $1200
and it does have stocks/news/sports scores etc.
tissot.ch
all the info you need is there

SuPhistiKatEd
03-11-2005, 12:43 AM
I got my G Shock from Costco about 5 years ago, and it still works like a charm. I'm BIG on Fossil watches now...I have two and they are the best watches I've ever owned...and they look great too.