PDA

View Full Version : Drove a 89 Skyline GTR

nickyh
03-09-2005, 09:09 PM
My buddy just picked up his Skyline GTR today and I had a chance to drive it. I was very impressed with the drive but needs a new clutch. Not used to driving on the right hand so I was drifting on the other side of the lane. I took this thing to highway 22x exiting from Bridalwood and floored it and my head was just glued on the seat all through out the power band; yet I can feel the clutch slipping so alot of power loss. He said he's gonna put new clutch in right away and I can drive it again. Can't wait.

djayz
03-09-2005, 09:13 PM
get some pics up...
sounds like a nice ride

nickyh
03-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by djayz
get some pics up...
sounds like a nice ride

Nice ride but I think it needs work. and yes I will post pics when I drops by again.

crazydriver
03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
WEEEEE!!! sounds fun, btw how much did ur buddy spend on buying the skyline?

SteveMo600
03-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a sweet ride. I'd like to try out a RHD vehicle. I think it'd be weird as hell. Post a pic...I'll keep my eye out for it on the road.

A790
03-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by SteveMo600
Sounds like a sweet ride. I'd like to try out a RHD vehicle. I think it'd be weird as hell. Post a pic...I'll keep my eye out for it on the road.

RHD isn't as hard as you think. Sometimes when I was turning I'd turn on the winshield wipers instead, and getting used to looking to the left for the rear view is a bit weird, but otherwise it's not that bad at all.

luderollup
03-10-2005, 02:27 AM
agreed... ^^ the hardest part is the signal lights/ wipers.. shifting is a breeze if u are a decent driver..i almost liked it more but then agian im left handed

1badPT
03-10-2005, 02:40 AM
yeah, and going through the drive-through backwards isn't all that fun either :D

canadiandaytona
03-10-2005, 10:16 AM
How the Hell can you ever Pass someone on a 2way highway with RHD?
Seems imposible without a Co-piolet or camera or...?

brandon
03-10-2005, 10:17 AM

well you know I do live like 4 doors down ;)

A790
03-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
yeah, and going through the drive-through backwards isn't all that fun either :D

Ha amen to that!

DonJuan
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
that would be a reason not to eat junk food; or only Peter's Drive In, or just park and go inside...

Toms-SC
03-10-2005, 02:07 PM
pushed back in seat of a car with under 300 HP? :dunno:

C4S
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

For someone get used to 90HP asian car ... then yes .. :)

SteveMo600
03-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by brandon

well you know I do live like 4 doors down ;)

Haha...touche. You're busy as hell though. I dont' really get a chance to check out your new TT very much either cause you're never home. Working....working...working.

rage2
03-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Originally posted by C4S
For someone get used to 90HP asian car ... then yes .. :)
haha it's all relative ;).

brandon
03-10-2005, 02:22 PM

Haha...touche. You're busy as hell though. I dont' really get a chance to check out your new TT very much either cause you're never home. Working....working...working.

I can't argue with that lol, Wait a couple weeks and we will go for a rip in the skyline (it goes in for paint on monday).

chris
03-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
How the Hell can you ever Pass someone on a 2way highway with RHD?
mx73someday drove back from vancouver in a soarer. You just get a friend to sit in the passenger seat, but how often do you drive on a two-lane highway alone? I have no intention on doing that

A790
03-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by chris

mx73someday drove back from vancouver in a soarer. You just get a friend to sit in the passenger seat, but how often do you drive on a two-lane highway alone? I have no intention on doing that

I do it quite often. I don't see what the deal would be in RHD.

TypeS
03-10-2005, 11:32 PM

*sigh*

The human body is made up of these things called "muscles" and tissue and whatnot...You use your brain to send little signals to these muscles to tell your body (which includes arms, legs, torso neck and head etc.) to perform a complicated, yet useful action of

LEANING OVER

to see whats in the other lane.:dunno:

XylathaneGTR
03-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Maybe it's just me...But i see a lot of people hyped about getting their Jspec cars in...and then i end up seeing quite a few for sale a few months after...
Not always on beyond, but on other forums/trader as well.
I just wondered about that...Like, in terms of resale, you're stuck with that car for life basically, arn't you?
stupid question i know, but fill me in...Is it really worth it? is it all that it's hyped up to be?

finboy
03-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Maybe it's just me...But i see a lot of people hyped about getting their Jspec cars in...and then i end up seeing quite a few for sale a few months after...
Not always on beyond, but on other forums/trader as well.
I just wondered about that...Like, in terms of resale, you're stuck with that car for life basically, arn't you?
stupid question i know, but fill me in...Is it really worth it? is it all that it's hyped up to be?

my guess is that the cars that go up for sale are either getting the owner a nice profit, or it didn't meet their high expectations. :dunno:

canadiandaytona
03-11-2005, 10:16 AM
(which includes arms, legs, torso neck and head etc.) to perform a complicated, yet useful action of

LEANING OVER

to see whats in the other lane.:dunno: [/B][/QUOTE] You can Lean over far enought while pulling into oncoming traffic to see...:bullshit:

SteveMo600
03-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by brandon

I can't argue with that lol, Wait a couple weeks and we will go for a rip in the skyline (it goes in for paint on monday).

:thumbsup:

XylathaneGTR
03-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by finboy

my guess is that the cars that go up for sale are either getting the owner a nice profit, or it didn't meet their high expectations. :dunno:
Yeah, i talked briefly with a guy atmy school today who got a JDM Celica GT4, it was on the boards somewhere.
Anyways, yeah, from what he said it seems like his expectations, well, except for the interior.
Enjoy the car.

Go4Long
03-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
You can Lean over far enought while pulling into oncoming traffic to see...:bullshit:
you can, it's not easy...but it can be done.