PDA

View Full Version : Whats With All The Cops Tonight?

asp integra
03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
omg, in 20 or so minutes of driving i came across 30+ cops, whats the deal? why so many tonight, whats going on?

BumpinTalon
03-09-2005, 11:05 PM
I dunno but there was a mad amount of speed traps set up today as well. at least they are doing their job...

SteveMo600
03-09-2005, 11:05 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. I know they're monitoring deerfoot really well for the next little while but I saw prolly 10 cop cars on my way to Peters tonight. Not too sure why but everybodyb drive SAFE!

ICEBERG
03-09-2005, 11:07 PM
I also noticed that. Specially on deerfoot tonight. You have nothing to worry about if you drive safe.

?????
03-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Yeah STEP program affective on Deerfoot still.

Last year when they had it on Deerfot i drove by there was 12 cop cars in the middle ditch. It was between Mcknight and 64th Ave. and they turned off the street lights there. Bastards...

lude_grl
03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
ive had like 4 cops read my plates
dammit. I didnt think i looked like a gangsta :(

nismodrifter
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
mad cops out in toon town as well, 3 cars pulled over within approx 2km..literally a line of flashing lights down the main road.

danno
03-09-2005, 11:52 PM
on the news they said they'll be monitoring deerfoot for a few weeks, checking to make sure you signal, not cutting others off, stuff like that. basic driving skills. be careful

but it is a good idea i hate driving and getting cut off and no signals

Zero102
03-10-2005, 01:12 AM
They're everywhere, I got tailed by 7 or 8 of them on my way home today. I just kept getting my plates checked.
Come on guys, people don't steal a 1985 subaru rust bucket, nor do they run drugs in a car that can be outrun by an old lady in a wheel chair.

That aside, big thumbs up to them for being so thorough, lol.

seer_claw
03-10-2005, 01:49 AM
I think its due to the nice weather, everyone is bringing out the nicer faster summer cars. And you know spring fever, you can drive so much faster with dry pavement. I figure that is to get the hotheads to slow down a bit. I really don't mind beause I try not to do anything illegal.

marq-jt
03-10-2005, 01:55 AM
hey it could be that they are trying to find something to do with the gang related activities.. who knows they could get lucky and find some guys with gun on them too as well.. u never know...

cman
03-10-2005, 01:58 AM
hmmm i have a long way to go, all through the city tomorrow (and back) so ill be driving extra cautious.
thanks for the heads up

t-im
03-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Are they mainly only patroling Deerfoot??, because I haven't noticed ANY cops while driving these last few days?????...or even "inconspicuously" parked tinted vans..but im mainly on John Laurie, Country Hills, Crowchild or Shaganappi..

Xtrema
03-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Police need funding to fight gangs and looking for willing donars on the street.

:D

sputnik
03-10-2005, 07:55 AM
The CPS is running a program ticketing bad drivers on Deerfoot for the next couple of weeks. This will include drivers who...

- tailgate
- neglect to signal
- drive too fast/slow
- merge poorly
- are driving unsafe vehicles (non-functioning lights etc)
- drive eratically

asp integra
03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
i wasnt anywhere near deerfoot last night, i was up near westhills and on bow trail and around downtown, so they must be out in full force all over the city

QuasarCav
03-10-2005, 12:53 PM
On Tuesday night I saw no less than 8 CPS cars on Deerfoot. It's a good thing though.

Saw some crazy bastard in a Orange civic get pulled over, he must have been doing 140+. Hope he enjoys the 300 dollar fine.

SilverBoost
03-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
On Tuesday night I saw no less than 8 CPS cars on Deerfoot. It's a good thing though.

Saw some crazy bastard in a Orange civic get pulled over, he must have been doing 140+. Hope he enjoys the 300 dollar fine.

In Toronto if you drive slower than that in the fast lane you'll have a guy up your arse flashing the hibeams.

I think driving 80 in the fast lane is worse than driving 140. Over 140, yes, you're getting into a dangerous speed. Now debate that all you want but it annoys my here that people seem to think they can drive in ANY lane at ANY speed. There is zero road etiquette. And I don't think you have to drive 130 in the fast lane, but more than 90, yes.

Just my 2cents

QuasarCav
03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

In Toronto if you drive slower than that in the fast lane you'll have a guy up your arse flashing the hibeams.

I think driving 80 in the fast lane is worse than driving 140. Over 140, yes, you're getting into a dangerous speed. Now debate that all you want but it annoys my here that people seem to think they can drive in ANY lane at ANY speed. There is zero road etiquette. And I don't think you have to drive 130 in the fast lane, but more than 90, yes.

Just my 2cents

My Deerfoot rules:

Slow lane = 90km-100km
Middle = 100km - 110km
Fast = 110km+

It really annoys me when people go 100 in the fast lane or 130 in the slow lane. If you want to go slow than dont take Deerfoot.

Phy
03-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
i wasnt anywhere near deerfoot last night, i was up near westhills and on bow trail and around downtown, so they must be out in full force all over the city

I figure they're rotating cops from all over the city onto "Deerfoot duty", which would mean they've gotta drive from their precinct or whatever to the 'Foot, and then back when they're done... would make for an increased police presence.

Either that or they're hoping to catch all the speeders and tailgaters avoiding the traps on the 'foot.

Toms-SC
03-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Have the police ever done a city wide crack down on illegal exhaust systems? I think that would be worth it :)

GoChris
03-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Have the police ever done a city wide crack down on illegal exhaust systems? I think that would be worth it :)

fuck ya, im sick of annoying loud mofos driving by making me not able to hear my tv. (insert middle finger smilie here)

JAYMEZ
03-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Ya ben , there was a crap load in westhills , I also some cruiseing around Strathcona and Signal Hill

asp integra
03-10-2005, 11:39 PM
ya james it was crazy, i have never seen that many cops since i started driving ,it was also funny cause on 2 occasions that night i was lined up next to guys in nice cars who wanted to race off the light, so i just laughed and kept driving looking out for cops, didnt want to get fucked over with a big ticket, deff not worth it

Godfuader
03-10-2005, 11:50 PM
CPS getting very anal nowadays. Set up shop on a not so busy street pulling over any car with tints. saw a cop with a speed gun on deerfoot before calf-robe on his feet. Hope he wasn't planning on runnin out in the middle to flag down someone doing 140km/h
Better change my breaklight (no, im not a nancy! it takes a long time to get to it) whats the ticket for something like that?

heinz256
03-12-2005, 09:09 PM
ya the last couple days i've seen a lot of cops on deerfoot by douglasdale close to the construction zone where they're building the new bridge.

cuda440
03-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I dunno but there was a mad amount of speed traps set up today as well. at least they are doing their job...
not sure why these cops are busy doing these somewhat important, but presently trivial tasks. with all the shootings, drug, and gang activity going on in and around the city latley, I thikn its very important that the coppers go out there and protect society from those gangster devils who exceed the speed limit, they deserve the cops effort and time way more then the drug and gang activity that is ever so present here in calgary. stupid, at least the rcmp make efforts and as a look on the birght side, they potentially protected society from more crime, so in essence they were doing thier job and they were sucessfull in thier task of protecting society, although they lost thier own lives they are osme of the very few cops who are respectable. i always end up dealing with these fagget rookies in oakley galsses who think they are super cop or whatever. they should help make calgary a better place by at least attempting to put a stop toall the bullshit that goes on here. i have contacted polive regarding drug activity, and they dont do shit,.
i have allot to say about the retarded police force in calgayr and how brutal thier efforts are. these shootings keep happening because there is no public illustrations of deterance for the criminals to look at and say, "oh that guy went to jail for a while maybe i wont be so careless with my trigerfinger" but instead no arrests are made. only seems to be an investigation into anal disfuntions of cp members.
let the crimes multiply andcontinue....

Supa Dexta
03-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Crazy last night on crowchild and 54th (out front of the kfc) A semi truck came around the turn, crossed over and smashed a durango head on I believe.. My buddies got the aftermath on tape, when the helicopter came and when they cut open the durango.... Word at the scene was there was alcohol involved on the semi's part (truck only, no trailer) I can't say if that has any truth to it or not though.... but it made a hell of a mess on crowchild till late last night...it may still be blocked off yet, I don't know...