PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Calgary Auto Show

bokchoy
03-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Had a chance to check out the show this evening and was not impressed. Most of the vehicles shown could easily be seen at any one of the local dealerships.

:thumbsdow
1) No G35 6MT
2) No 350Z 35th Anniversary Edition - WTF?!?!
3) No one at the Porsche booth to address questions
4) No Exotics (i.e. F430, Murcielago, Gallardo, etc.)
5) No H3s
6) "100 years???" - my a$$

:thumbsup: ???
1) Toyota Concept Trucks
2) BMW M5
3) Benz CLS
4) Honda Ridgeline
5) Ford Mustang (especially the SALEEN)

Overall, you'll get a better kick touring the auto mall than wasting $8/$10 + parking costs to get in.

Anybody else check it out and have a different thought?

C4S
03-10-2005, 01:39 AM
there are Murcielago and Gallardo .. and some other super cars ..

did u miss it ? there was a H3T as well .. ^_^

what questions u needed to ask from Porsche ? there was only one guy from Porsche working there today, and I am sure he couldn't stay there for whole 8 hours without a break..

Nissan Canada just didn't supply a G35 MT .. but u can see some from the dealer ! it looks the same with automatic one ..

benyl
03-10-2005, 01:43 AM
There is a thread started on this already

bokchoy
03-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by C4S
there are Murcielago and Gallardo .. and some other super cars ..

did u miss it ? there was a H3T as well .. ^_^

what questions u needed to ask from Porsche ? there was only one guy from Porsche working there today, and I am sure he couldn't stay there for whole 8 hours without a break..

Nissan Canada just didn't supply a G35 MT .. but u can see some from the dealer ! it looks the same with automatic one ..

I toured the main hall and the one where Ford, Subaru, Saab, etc. resided. I noticed there was possibly another hall, but was not interested due to what I saw and quoted in my first post. If that's where the Lambos were, then I'd have to say pretty poor planning by the organizers.

Recognize the issue if only one person was suppose to represent Porsche and probably can't stick around for the day, but at least provide some specs on the vehicles displayed (i.e. exact model, price, etc.). There was nothing around the any of the Porsches.

Also, I am a G/Z fanatic and was just not impressed that Nissan Canada didn't even bother to show a 35th anniversary 350z. I mean this is a limited edition for this year and I know it was at the Toronto show, so is Cowtown not good enough??? Brasso and Fish Creek have had the car for at least the past 2 weeks.

Also the 6MT G35 is fairly different from the G35 coupe AT displayed at the show. Manual vs. auto, 18" wheels vs. 19", no spoiler vs. spoiler....there's just no comparison.

I saw the H3T, but it was displayed like a concept, just look, but no touch. If I recollect, in previous years there would be multiple Hummers displayed H1 and H2 as well as their different styles. In addition, you would also be able to get in and have a feel, not this year.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Xtrema
03-10-2005, 07:47 AM
hmm, sounds like same crap every year.

So, no Carrera GT? Was Ashton Martin booth any good?

962 kid
03-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
hmm, sounds like same crap every year.

So, no Carrera GT? Was Ashton Martin booth any good?

um, yeah there was a c-gt, as well as a db9, murcie rodster, gallardo, continenial gt, 360 cs,ford gt, new s281, mustang convertible, cls500, sl65, new slk55, v-10 m5 etc etc

well worth the 6 bucks to get in..

Redlyne_mr2
03-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Girlracer and I got an opportunity to see the db9 and conti. Gt up close over the past weekend. Gorgeous cars, apparently the Bentley is a nicer car to drive than the db9 buts it's just too much VW for me.

Ill be working the daimlerchrysler section fri and sat night, stop by and say hi.

sputnik
03-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Ill be working the daimlerchrysler section fri and sat night, stop by and say hi.

Is there an SRT8 at the show?

Moonracer
03-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Apparently some of you didn't look very hard for the nice cars...:D Click for pics thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79607)

TurboCarrera
03-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

yes, there is.

Moe Man
03-10-2005, 04:58 PM
6.1L HEMI on 20s

i sat in it unreal :drool: :drool:

CRXguy
03-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

It's a sweet ass car! Too bad it's out of my price range.

Xtrema
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Apparently some of you didn't look very hard for the nice cars...:D Click for pics thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79607)

Thank you, well worth it. I'll be there.