PDA

View Full Version : got a quote

dymz999
03-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Took my car to national collision and derrick gave me a quote. $4,300 for body work and paint and installation of the body kit. I'm actually impressed with the price and with the work they do. Some of the cars they have in the shop are great. They have this one civic i think that is done in a pink metallic color with a interesting pink/white tone interior. I went to some other body shops and had quotes ranging from $4800 upto $6750.

I'll post pics when the job is completed.

How long do most people wait when getting a car done by national collision? He told me to expect 3 to 4 weeks after I drop it off, is that a good estimate???

Def_3
03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
what are you getting done? If its just a bodykit install and paint then I think that is waaaay high.....unless your doing a custom color and custom body work....

anyways good luck, I had my from shop to shop over the last 6 months so yeah mine took a little longer than 4-6 weeks:)

seer_claw
03-10-2005, 03:17 PM
I had an accident in the fall and they took 2 weeks to redo the bumper, taillights, trunk and rear side panel. Mind you I had them fix some other dents and things that I had.

They did really good work, except that the paint on my bumper is peeling. I took in last Thursday and Derrick said that I should drop it off on Monday and I will have it back on Friday. They will repaint the bumper for me at no charge. I am also going to have them get rid of some minor rust patches on a wheelwell. :thumbsup:

brandon
03-10-2005, 03:21 PM
are you getting a full paintjob?

2002civic
03-10-2005, 04:16 PM
that civic would be trish's, nice car, won a few trophies last year:D :thumbsup:

dymz999
03-10-2005, 06:00 PM
the $4300 price included:

dent repair
rust repair (even one hole under the driver side rear quarter panel)
body kit installation
full paint/clear

i went to some places that wanted more. the rust on the car was just surface rust except for that damn hole. I'm going to get the car done in Viper Red. It will look like an authentica JDM 180sx Type X when its all said and done. I have all the oem body kit pieces brand new. Good to know they do good work and quick. I was impressed with some of the stuff derreck was showing me. I'm thinking viper red right now but can't really think what other color of red would look good on a 90 240sx. I just know i dont like the original red color.

ninspeed
03-13-2005, 10:30 AM
gm code 70.... nicest red i have ever painted.... on vettes and some trucks

Girlie_racer
03-19-2005, 06:36 PM
That would be my car that you saw at national. By far a good body shop, and some people might say his quote is high but i learned 2 years ago you get what you pay for. A paint job is not something you want to try and cut corners with or else you will be repainting in a year.

dymz999
03-21-2005, 02:13 AM
If you don't mind me asking, who did the interior of the car for you? I've been looking for a place to get a few things re-done. I dont at all think national is high, i figure they are pretty fair actually. there is a lot of crap they dont charge you for but actually do on the car. heck there has to be reason why all these people with nice cars go there right.

Girlie_racer
03-24-2005, 12:11 PM
i got my seats, door panels and carpet done at artistic pm me for her number.
dash and accesories were done at national team work of roy from silent rage, myself and national....
hope i was of some help :)