PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Capture Staged?

kenny
03-10-2005, 03:20 PM
This one is for Toma! :) Not sure how credible this story is, but still worth a read.

source:

http://www.wokr13.tv/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=422B960A-26BA-4891-9E60-21C8818788D4

*** SNIP ***

A former U.S. Marine who participated in capturing ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein said the public version of his capture was fabricated.

Ex-Sgt. Nadim Abou Rabeh, of Lebanese descent, was quoted in the Saudi daily al-Medina Wednesday as saying Saddam was actually captured Friday, Dec. 12, 2003, and not the day after, as announced by the U.S. Army.

"I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," Abou Rabeh said.

"We captured him after fierce resistance during which a Marine of Sudanese origin was killed," he said.

He said Saddam himself fired at them with a gun from the window of a room on the second floor. Then they shouted at him in Arabic: "You have to surrender. ... There is no point in resisting."

"Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," Abou Rabeh said.

Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon.

cycosis
03-10-2005, 03:24 PM
hmmmm, wouldnt doubt it if it were true

BerserkerCatSplat
03-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Hmm, interesting, I always found it kinds odd that a guy as rich as Saddam would hide in a hole...

2002civic
03-10-2005, 04:13 PM
hmm who knows, who cares he was caught w/e, im sure its not the first time we've been lied to by the government

Toms-SC
03-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Ha...hahaha

Did I mention the US never landed on the moon?

pixil9
03-10-2005, 08:07 PM
i believe it.. of course they want to hurt his pride. I've never believed that. Like fuck he's going to live in a hole lol.

He could've left to brunei and retired with billions but he was too damn proud to be saddam the leader of iraq.

Toms-SC
03-10-2005, 08:11 PM
The Red Cross must be in on it too

Red Cross visits Saddam

Baghdad, February 21
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) visited deposed Iraqi President Saddam Hussein in US custody today, an ICRC spokeswoman said.

“Two ICRC representatives, including a doctor, visited Saddam Hussein today in Iraq and were able to stay with him long enough for a physical and mental evaluation,” Nada Dumani said from the Jordanian capital Amman.

“In accordance with its rules, the ICRC is unable to give any indication about the condition of Saddam Hussein.

The ICRC, following this visit, as in the case of all (Iraqi) prisoners, will report directly to the (US-led) coalition,” she added.

US forces captured the former dictator on December 13 hiding in a hole on a farm in a village close to his hometown of Tikrit, north of Baghdad.

The US authorities formally gave the ICRC the green light to visit Saddam last Saturday.

The US formally accepted on January 9 that Saddam was a prisoner of war, angering the US-appointed Iraqi Governing Council, which was demanding he stand trial in Iraq for crimes against humanity.

The ICRC oversees the Third Geneva Convention, an internationally-recognised and binding set of rules which guarantee minimum standards of treatment for prisoners of war and detainees, including the right to visits from its aid workers.

It forbids physical or mental torture, or “any other form of coercion... to secure from them any kind of information whatever”. — AFP

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-11/25/content_394809.htm

Toma's favorite link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3509557.stm

next

AcuraTl
03-10-2005, 08:45 PM
lol tom-sc you republican bastard, go back to texas

Toms-SC
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
lol tom-sc you republican bastard, go back to texas

I will, once I take advantage of free health care, clean water, and finish stealing your woman. :rolleyes:

http://members.chello.nl/~t.looijmans/dont_mess_with_texas.jpg

ZorroAMG
03-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Stealing our women? ha! more like they use you for a green card to bleed the US economy dry.

Damn americans and their delusions of Grandeur.

Americans pretending he was hiding in a hole to make the US look great and Arabs look like savages. It doesn't surprise me at all.

:rolleyes:

nismodrifter
03-11-2005, 12:44 AM
I knew that the whole "hole" idea was a shit load of lies from day 1, Americans definately know how to put on a show.

ZorroAMG
03-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Governator's prolly like " I have a good Idea! let's make da little man look like a loooza. Ya, a Loooza, uh huh, I get kindergarten cop guy to direct and it be funnyyy!!1 huhauahaha touch my muscles."

DayGlow
03-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Really if the barking moonbats want to prove this, all they have to do is find a record of a Sudanese American soldier that was killed on Dec 12. I believe the DoD lists all the causaulties.

Toma
03-11-2005, 08:44 AM
You just NEVER really know....

Tom..... how does your quoted article show anything? All it says is that well after his caputre, and amongst public pressure, the red cross was allowed to see him.

:dunno:

Toms-SC
03-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Red Cross is a globally respected firm that upholds Geneva convention rights. If they saw Sadam after his capture, this would mean that they would conduct blood/health tests to make sure he is well. This meaning, DNA....

Further more, if the capture was stagged, what can you say about the pictures of live video of him standing trial?

Not ONLY that, but don't you think the definant Saddam would have leaked a video claiming it was stagged to the world front? Similar to whats his name, oh yea, Osama.

Toma
03-11-2005, 11:10 AM
No, what tha article Kenny posted says is that he was captured earlier on, and the whole "he was found in a hole bit" was staged.

It did not say he wasn't captured.

For the conspiracy theorists.....
Saddam is well known for his use of doubles.... rumour has it that the real Saddam died YEARs ago from cancer, and the Saddam we have been seeing and who ruled Iraq is one of those doubles.

The US has never obtained DNA from the real Saddam ;) ;)

rmk
03-11-2005, 11:21 AM
i wouldnt be surpsied if they over-glorified it a little. remember jessica lynch?? special ops swooping in the middle of the night in a daring rescue. LOL. the iraqi doctors gave her aid and turned her over to troops. i think they said that so the army will profit off of the movie deals, book deals, magazine deals, playboy spead, yada yada yda based on that crock. (jk) of course they want to parade saddam and completely humiliate him infront of the arab world (really who the us only cared about seeing it) now if only they could find osama. yah right.

rmk
03-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Toma
No, what tha article Kenny posted says is that he was captured earlier on, and the whole "he was found in a hole bit" was staged.

It did not say he wasn't captured.

For the conspiracy theorists.....
Saddam is well known for his use of doubles.... rumour has it that the real Saddam died YEARs ago from cancer, and the Saddam we have been seeing and who ruled Iraq is one of those doubles.

The US has never obtained DNA from the real Saddam ;) ;)

i'm sure they got dna from uday and qusay when they died and matched it with him.

D. Dub
03-11-2005, 12:37 PM
NO-ONE IS SAYING IT"S NOT SADDAM................

just that the capture was a hoax!!! He wasn't in a hole like an animal.

He was in a house and put up a fight.

Makes sense that the US would want to humiliate him this way, in a hole, like a beaten animal, no fight left, etc.

The whole war is a sham perpetrated on the undereducated and sheep-like american public.

As long as gas isn't $5/gallon and they can drive their SUV's to the mall 2X a week in their continued rampant consumption frenzy....they just don't care.

AcuraTl
03-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

I will, once I take advantage of free health care, clean water, and finish stealing your woman. :rolleyes:

http://members.chello.nl/~t.looijmans/dont_mess_with_texas.jpg

yea i guess those fat whores that you call women in Texas are a bit to flabby to enjoy fully...but there was your mom...she wasent to bad...i think all the guys on beyond can vouch for that!!

rmk
03-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl

yea i guess those fat whores that you call women in Texas are a bit to flabby to enjoy fully...but there was your mom...she wasent to bad...i think all the guys on beyond can vouch for that!!

uh, dude have you ever been to Texas?? sure there are fat chicks, but damn, you won't see more beautiful women anywhere. mmm eva longoria mmm must be the sun ?

sorry for the hijack. ;)

Toma
03-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub
NO-ONE IS SAYING IT"S NOT SADDAM................

just that the capture was a hoax!!! He wasn't in a hole like an animal.

He was in a house and put up a fight.

Makes sense that the US would want to humiliate him this way, in a hole, like a beaten animal, no fight left, etc.

The whole war is a sham perpetrated on the undereducated and sheep-like american public.

As long as gas isn't $5/gallon and they can drive their SUV's to the mall 2X a week in their continued rampant consumption frenzy....they just don't care. :thumbsup:

streetarab
03-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
hmm who knows, who cares he was caught w/e, im sure its not the first time we've been lied to by the government
you got that right :thumbsup:

Ha...hahaha

:rolleyes:

Toms-SC
03-11-2005, 10:28 PM
You think its only Americans driving the SUVS? :confused: Ah well.

mdeleon
03-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Ha...hahaha

no i think they did land on the moon, but that whole, "one step for man a giant leap for mankind" shiet was staged...this is what i read at least, im not sayin it's true, but i can see US pullin that kinda shit to try and make themselves look more "patriotic"

D. Dub
03-11-2005, 10:41 PM
You think its only Americans driving the SUVS? :confused: Ah well.

No there are a lot of Canuckian sheep too.....:D

32V-V8
03-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Wow I am astonished at how many of you people from a random car forum know precisely what is going on ! :o :eek: Good for you I guess :thumbsup: Its odd considering 60% of our media is American.. that people in Canada have a natural hate for americans... especially in Alberta where the political operations is a near immitation of what goes on down south of the border (not the structure, but the operations) Its really a pot calling the kettle black situation. :rolleyes:

googe
03-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Red Cross is a globally respected firm that upholds Geneva convention rights. If they saw Sadam after his capture, this would mean that they would conduct blood/health tests to make sure he is well. This meaning, DNA....

Further more, if the capture was stagged, what can you say about the pictures of live video of him standing trial?

Not ONLY that, but don't you think the definant Saddam would have leaked a video claiming it was stagged to the world front? Similar to whats his name, oh yea, Osama.

yeah you might wanna check out that article before you argue that any further :thumbsup:

old&slow
03-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Saddam was a bully...therefore when push came to shove he couldnt stand up to anyone without his henchmen.

I say he did hide in a hole cause he was a complete coward and his expected fate was execution!
The man was likely scared shitless.

Also the SGt. was of Lebanese decent...remember the one they called deserter??? He also was from Lebanon.

Thats where ther real truth lies...lying soldiers!!!

D. Dub
03-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by 32V-V8
Its really a pot calling the kettle black situation. :rolleyes:

How's that......we Canadians are not an imperialist power, ignoring international law and the U.N.'s mandates?

D. Dub
03-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 32V-V8
[B]Wow I am astonished at how many of you people from a random car forum know precisely what is going on !]

And exactly who the fuck do you think you are to judge the people in a "random car forum", & their ability to examine current events and form their own opinions in spite of the skewed pablum from the american media?!?!?

From what I've seen in this forum there are many educated, intelligent young people that are more than able to espouse informed & reasoned responses. (well except for Heavy D anyways :D)

AcuraTl
03-12-2005, 11:30 AM
^ yea im suprised too, lots of well educated peeps on this foruM!! hats off to y'all!!

DayGlow
03-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by D. Dub

How's that......we Canadians are not an imperialist power, ignoring international law and the U.N.'s mandates?

That would be a great thing to say, except the UN has been shown to be corrupt and votes bought with the oil for food. The same 20-20 hindsight that people use on the US after the invasion has to be trained at the UN as well.

I don't agree with what the US does often, but I don't believe the war was illiegal. I see it as a continuation of the first GW as Iraq never followed the cease fire. I see it as a failing of the UN as it should have backed up its threats and took action a long time ago.

Toma
03-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by old&slow
Saddam was a bully...therefore when push came to shove he couldnt stand up to anyone without his henchmen.

I say he did hide in a hole cause he was a complete coward and his expected fate was execution!
The man was likely scared shitless.

Also the SGt. was of Lebanese decent...remember the one they called deserter??? He also was from Lebanon.

Thats where ther real truth lies...lying soldiers!!!
So Bush would fare better with his life on the line?\\ Bush would have actually pissed his pants :poosie:

Say what you will..... but at least under Saddam, the insurgents and ethnic fighting was much less.... they were too scared of him to fuck around :nut:

old&slow
03-12-2005, 04:54 PM
The thread is about saddam in a hole!

What's it matter what bush would do???
And how does the fighting going on there now enter in here???

Make a new thread if you want to go down that road!!!:whipped: