PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch Replacement players

gggunit
03-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Well? Personally I think I would.. and most people would first oppose it then will start watching again.. the NFL broke the union and players started crossing the line in floods.. and hope the same thing happens for the NHL... Cant wait for the Flames to start palying again.. gonna be stronger then ever.

especially if Phaneuf starts to play.. he's rated number 1 and crosby is number 2..:thumbsup:

buh_buh
03-10-2005, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't

2002civic
03-10-2005, 03:58 PM
i would, hockeys hockey, the whl is decent and it would be better quality than that, plus theyd give their all every game knowing it could be their last

Melinda
03-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I think replacement players would play for the LOVE of the game instead of bullshit millions the pros get paid to play a game that they should be thanking their lucky stars for. Who knows, maybe we'll find another 'Great One' in the no name players :) I'd watch for sure!

Def_3
03-10-2005, 04:17 PM
probably but NOT with pleasure, I have been a flames fan since I was still probably pissin my pants, I remeber sneaking out of bed to stay up and watch the flames, going to bed depressed after lose after lose....

Finally we have an amazing contender team, and yeah.......we all know the rest of the story

so yeah I miss hockey, but I miss watching the flames team WHO DID WIN THE CUP IN GAME 6!!!!!!!IT WAS OVER THE LINE :rofl:

anyways no more venting, replacment players....mehhh...better than no hockey i guess

bspot
03-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
I think replacement players would play for the LOVE of the game instead of bullshit millions the pros get paid to play a game that they should be thanking their lucky stars for. Who knows, maybe we'll find another 'Great One' in the no name players :) I'd watch for sure!

Exactly, I would support them on principle.

What bigger F.U. can you give to the overpaid whiners than selling out for replacement players??

ZorroAMG
03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I'd try out for the goalie...LOL "he's Wirey!"

rip
03-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I sure as hell hope they come to an agreement before they have to resort to replacement players.

rmk
03-10-2005, 04:46 PM
maybe the new players will turn out to be more talented than the old whiney bitches? the old players who don't earn more than 10MM might even break ranks and come back, seeing that they aren't bigger than the game and gods, but clearly replaceable. the nhl will get my $$$ when bettman and goodenow are gone for good (which might not be for quite awhile). i really watch it for the game itself not the players. well maybe iggy.

Def_3
03-10-2005, 05:25 PM
^^^ and Kipper!:D

hexified
03-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Id much rather gather up like 20 guys...get everyone to pay $10/each. Rent some ice time every week and play some fun hockey myself.

Put the old goalie equipment to good use...get some exercise...dont have to watch no name replacement players...and still get the hockey out of my system.

Wake me up when the whiny bitch players settle their contracts lol :zzz:

Dave P
03-10-2005, 08:25 PM
we already have a ahl team in edmonton, calgary has a whl.

where do you think replacement players would come from

Team_Mclaren
03-10-2005, 08:47 PM
I'll watch it... but it wont last, players need to pay their bills, everyone would cross the line, the union WILL break. Players back to NHL, case closed

izzoblitzo
03-10-2005, 08:49 PM
I think I'd watch it.. I mean, it'd be hard to watch at first, because there's no known superstars, and you dont exactly know who or what to cheer for.

But these guys will give it all they've got, and they might be playing for a chance to showcase their stuff, playing for possible jobs!

they wont have anything to lose. It'll be pretty decent hockey. And from there, you'll get some pretty interesting players.. they'll have like, stories behind them.. like, how Kurt Warner of the NFL was a grocery bag boy before joining the arena football league.. so we'll get stuff like farmers, and mechanics, and construction workers etc etc. :D

ZorroAMG
03-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Man, If I made 10 mil even for one year, how could you not last a few years without having to make another dollar.

I guess when it all goes up your nose or to hoes, it ain't gonna last, LOL fuckin whiners.

max_boost
03-11-2005, 12:53 AM
I think the type of hockey we will see won't be that bad. It'll be different, probably see a lot of high tempo action, less defensive systems. Hockey might be played the way it's supposed to. There might be the misconception of regular joes playing, they might sign up and go to training camp but they won't last a shift.

Question, are the players on the farm club part of the NHLPA?

Who is eligible to sign up as a replacement player? Can junior players just jump the ranks?

stick-boy
03-11-2005, 08:53 AM
with the nhl using whl or ahl replacement players, we will pay more for tickets to watch the same game, id rather keep it the same.

Melinda
03-11-2005, 09:25 AM
^^ I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't expect fans to pay full NHL ticket price for replacement players, it wouldn't be very reasonable of them

BokCh0y
03-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Hockey is Hockey. I'd watch it for sure. Prefer to see Iginla but anyone is cool at this point. I miss all the sports highlights :(, hits of the week and just plain ol hockey.

sputnik
03-11-2005, 09:34 AM
I find it interesting that people seem to think that everyone will want to watch replacement players yet the Hitmen dont seem to be selling out the saddledome nor have I seen many AHL highlights on TSN.

Its the same caliber of hockey, and you dont have to wait until next year for it.

Mad$ella
03-11-2005, 10:13 AM
No, i wouldnt watch.

Kirbs17
03-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I'd try out for the goalie...LOL "he's Wirey!"

:rofl: :rofl: haha I just fell off my car laughing lol.

I wouldnt watch it. They would have to reduce the prices to WHL prices for me to even consider it. if im going to pay 110 for a ticket, i want to watch the best that there is.

davidI
03-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I find it interesting that people seem to think that everyone will want to watch replacement players yet the Hitmen dont seem to be selling out the saddledome nor have I seen many AHL highlights on TSN.

Its the same caliber of hockey, and you dont have to wait until next year for it.

The difference is the scope of the leagues in my opinion. I don't go to a hitman game because it's not the 'main league' and if I went to the game it wouldn't be somethign I'd be talking about around the water cooler the next day. Plus the hockey would be better than AHL hockey....I'm sure Europeans would come over to play. The best part is that players wouldn't be able to say shit about it since they've gone over to Europe and stolen so many other players jobs....scabs would be no big deal. I'm all for replacement players. I guarantee most of the guys would cross the line anyways. The salaries most of the players have lost this year and would lose next year are far greater than what can be achieved with further negotiations. I wish they replaced those money hungry bitches this year.

EDM
03-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Yes i would watch. The NHL players went to europe and took their jobs. the europeans should come and play in the NHL.

hyperwhite
03-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Question, are the players on the farm club part of the NHLPA?

Who is eligible to sign up as a replacement player? Can junior players just jump the ranks?

i beleive that ahl players aren't part of the nhlpa unless they're currently signed to an nhl contract (ie. jason spezza, marc-andre fleury). junior players im not sure of. i think that drafted players of legal age could sign contracts with the team that drafted them, but i doubt that may top prospects will

colinderksen
03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Not selling out just getting 18,000 out to games (like on friday). The Hitmen's average attendance is 9000 this year. That is impressive.

d-UNiT
03-16-2005, 12:53 PM
why wouldnt you just watch the cgy hitman tickets are cheaper... replacement players arent exciting.. they are second rate.. at least whl ohl are elite players moving on up

rmk
03-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by colinderksen

Not selling out just getting 18,000 out to games (like on friday). The Hitmen's average attendance is 9000 this year. That is impressive.

the highest in north america right now.