PDA

View Full Version : Darwinism almost won

Shaolin
03-12-2005, 12:16 PM
http://www.local6.com/station/4239256/detail.html

What's next? start living in protective cells with warning signs?

"Slamming head in wall may cause serious brain damage"

streetarab
03-12-2005, 12:20 PM
D'Assaro is filing a lawsuit against the city of Orlando and the private garage owner for making little effort to correct a potential deadly risk.

The family says that's not good enough and that both garages need to take responsibility before a garage jumper loses his life.

this is rediculous, 'im gonna sue you because my son is a retard'
grow the fuck up, sue your goddam kid for bein a douche

TKRIS
03-12-2005, 12:50 PM
See Signature.

I was talking to a safety supervisor at a piping company the other day. He was talking about how he's been in the oi/gas industry for 30years, and how much safety reg's have changed (ie: When he was young, if you were going to a sour lease, the safety precaution was to hold your breath).
Now, with all the safety shit we've got, he's running guys to the emergency room once a week.

Kris

CokerRat
03-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Isn't this the same country where, in at least one state, you can legally shoot people that trespass on your land?

GT2NV
03-12-2005, 07:31 PM
lol you and your darwinism posts:nut:

Carfanman
03-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Wtf? I'm trying to think of the proper words to describe this how crazy this is. They don't exist.

Why cant people take responsibility for there stupidity, or for the stupidity of the offspring who they are responsible for.

Its impossible for anyone to prevent everything from happening to everyone. People need to take responsibility for their own actions. At least a little. If you are walking down the street and trip on a bump, and break your arm, thats not the city/provinces fault. This kid was old enough to know how dangerous and stupid it was. If they win the lawsuit, then that means that the court is ruling that the kid's brain doesn't function properly, and he should therefore be ruled to stay in a mental hospital or to have a tracking ankle bracelet. If the parents object, then that means they admit that their son has a normal brain, and he should be held responsible for his actions.

Its not the rest of the worlds responsibility to raise your kids people!

TKRIS- Nice sig. I definitely agree.

Rockski
03-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by CokerRat
Isn't this the same country where, in at least one state, you can legally shoot people that trespass on your land?

methinks that would be texas

what a retarded person, "lets see if i can jump accross this gap, if i make it, a few people would MAYBY say wow, if i dont... 80 feet of ground come at me ULTRA fast"

im not into physics, but would that be enough of a fall to reach terminal velocity?

Roadrage
03-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Survey results from that website

Do you think the garages should be held responsible for injuries sustained by "Garage Jumpers?"

The Garages Are Responsible
Votes: 376
Percent of votes: 3%

Garage Jumpers Are Responsible
Votes:14277
Percent of votes:97%

Darwinism will take care of those 376 people soon.

cycosis
03-12-2005, 09:50 PM
i think itll take care of all of em. dumb asses

streetarab
03-12-2005, 10:08 PM
there was a story a while back about a guy that broke into a garage and hurt himself in the process, he then turned around and sued the homeowners for the injury and won, america is truly fucked, although i do enjoy the poll results, i thought it would be the other way around, only 3% having brains...

Khyron
03-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Latest lawsuit I read about in the US - some teens were in an explorer, speeding at night, with no belts and some booze in their systems. Missed a turn, crashed, rolled over, were ejected, died. Familly sued Ford because the glass wasn't strong enough to keep them in the vehicle. Won 80 million. The madness is getting worse every day.

Khyron

streetarab
03-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
Familly sued Ford because the glass wasn't strong enough to keep them in the vehicle. Won 80 million.
Khyron

:eek: so when you have an suv rollover, glass should be strong enough to hold it up and not break? so the people could be trapped inside the vehicle? the fact that your son or whatever could have killed anyone doesnt matter? WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Carfanman
03-13-2005, 12:33 PM
US has a lot of crazy rulings.

guy climbed on roof to break into house, fell through skylight into kitchen, Lady was chopping vegatables, he fell onto the cutting board and she cut him, he sued and won.

Guy was breaking into house in the middle of the night, slipped on skateboard on the front lawn, broke a bone, sued and won.

Stupid USA.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Familly sued Ford because the glass wasn't strong enough to keep them in the vehicle. Won 80 million. The madness is getting worse every day.

Khyron

:banghead: So, if Ford strengthens the glass, then somebody gets drunk and drives into a resevoir, and dies because they can't break the glass.

Catch-22, my friends.

streetarab
03-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
Catch-22, my friends.
BULLSHIT, its not a catch-22, on one side its a safety issue, the glass should be able to break, on the other side of the argument its im to fuckin retarted to put on my seatbelt, OH WAIT, I WAS FUCKIN DRUNK, its a simple case of sue-happy people and the automakers need to comply or else theyll be gettin screwed up the face with lawsuits

[UNJACKING THREAD]
anyone that gets sued will fix the problem because they do not want to get sued again. maybe we should look at the legal system, its them giving the awards
[/UNJACKING THREAD]

Ben
03-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Rockski

methinks that would be texas

what a retarded person, "lets see if i can jump accross this gap, if i make it, a few people would MAYBY say wow, if i dont... 80 feet of ground come at me ULTRA fast"

im not into physics, but would that be enough of a fall to reach terminal velocity?

No.

80 ft = 24.384m

Accelleration due to gravity = 9.81 m/s2

Without going mathmatical, it would take roughly 1.8 seconds to fall 80 feet from a stand still, which would mean you're traveling about 17.6m/s at impact. Terminal Velocity is around 55m/s for a human being, and would require approximatly 2.65 seconds to reach that speed and a fall from approximatly 69 meters.

CokerRat
03-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
US has a lot of crazy rulings.

guy climbed on roof to break into house, fell through skylight into kitchen, Lady was chopping vegatables, he fell onto the cutting board and she cut him, he sued and won.

Guy was breaking into house in the middle of the night, slipped on skateboard on the front lawn, broke a bone, sued and won.

Stupid USA.

I'd bet you a pint that those are both urban myths. The most famous REAL one was the McDonalds coffee one, but that particular case was successful because the coffee was always served at 180-190F which is enough to cause 3rd degree burns AND McDonalds had quietly paid out hundreds of injury claims for 10 years leading up to the case. It was a punitive award.