PDA

View Full Version : Where in Calgary can you find cheap fiberglass resin?

Big Tom
03-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Well I've been working on my doorpannels and finished off the last of my old resin I had laying around from when I built my hood, now I need more!

I've just been picking up some from CrappyTire for not a bad price, $13 or so for a kit that comes with 1L can of resin, hardener, a bunch of matting, and an applicator. But there should be a body shop supply store I can pick up Gallon cans for cheap. Everywhere I call carries Gallon cans but it's about $45 - $50 (which is about 3.7L I believe) or I can get 4 of those kits for about the same price but it comes will all the extra's

So I was just curious if there was someplace someone knows of that sells cheap resin, cause I have alot of matting already so I don't really have any use for the extra's in the kit.

I read some old posts and one guy said Rona was the cheapest for resin so I'll probably go check that out today. But any other input would be appriciated.

DoubleLP
03-13-2005, 10:16 AM
I usually buy what you have from Canadian Tire......works good for me. :)

Big Tom
03-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah it works alright. The cheapest place I've found is Industrial Plastics & Paints by Chinook, $42 per gallon or about 3.8L

It's cheaper then CanTire by about $1.50 per litre but you don't get the applicator or matting like with the kit. Soooo... I'll probably end up buying a gallon can cause I have loads of matting left from doing my hood.

But yeah, just a heads up for anyone in the future looking for place to get resin.

Primer_Drift
03-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Alberta Plastics & Paints
403-204-1923
700 33 Street NE,
Calgary, AB T2A 5N9

Cheapest place I have found... and they have Carbon Kevlar :drool:

RawB8figure
03-22-2005, 04:23 PM
I heard the cheapest place to buy that kind of stuff from is marine store, they sell gallons of resin for boat repairs