PDA

View Full Version : Reckless Driver in Grey Acura Legend *YSS 851*

RSeXy
03-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Please beware this driver. I was stopped at the lights just after the off-ramp from Deerfoot on Beddington Blvd. I see this asshole come tearing up my lane at about 100km/hour. He slams his brakes but he obviously can't stop in time so he pulls into the little bit of shoulder lane, barely clipping my car and (get this) RUNS the red! Stupid careless fukker. The lady in the benz that was stopped beside me shared a look of WTF! Anyways, I continue to watch him tail gate as he speeds away. I mean I'm all for pro-active driving, but not much I can do if i'm already stopped at a light! What a jerk. But thank gawd I'm still alive.

Talies R
03-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Hopefully there was a really good reason for his urgency. :dunno:

RSeXy
03-12-2005, 07:16 PM
I really don't think there is a reason good enough for endangering the lives of others.

Talies R
03-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I understand your point, but you never know. Could have been a medical emergency? At least no one was hurt, and if this person drives like that often enough the police will catch up with him.

RSeXy
03-12-2005, 07:30 PM
True. Believe in Karma.

Interesting paradigm shift. Although I'm pretty sure he was just being a dumbass. I'm better now, I don't see my life flashing before my eyes.

ryder_23
03-13-2005, 02:10 AM
Interesting..I saw a smiliar car to your description on mcknight around 1230ish, came blazing threw a left hand turn, wheels squeeling, and car packed to the max. Maybe it was the same one. :thumbsdow to those kind of drivers

CalgarySS
03-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Talies R
I understand your point, but you never know. Could have been a medical emergency? At least no one was hurt, and if this person drives like that often enough the police will catch up with him.

If there is a medical emergency, call an ambulance. Their response time is around 7 minutes.

Can any of us drive to a hospital in 7 minutes?

Didn't think so.

BlueGoblin
03-13-2005, 09:44 AM
You should go to a police station and fill out a witness statement... they can probably issue a registered owner ticket to whomever owns it....

Supa Dexta
03-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by CalgarySS

Didn't think so.

I can walk there in 2!..haha.. (But I can see one out my window...)

:rofl:

toyboy88
03-13-2005, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CalgarySS
[B]

If there is a medical emergency, call an ambulance. Their response time is around 7 minutes.

so true...

kevie88
03-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Actually, it's seven minutes to you, then probably 10 or so to the nearest hospital depending on where you are.

<- Frequent ambulance user

kaput
03-13-2005, 10:43 AM

CalgarySS
03-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
Actually, it's seven minutes to you, then probably 10 or so to the nearest hospital depending on where you are.

&lt;- Frequent ambulance user

My point is that you are under professional medical care in 7 minutes.

I would rather be in the back of an ambulance being taken care of than in the back of a friends car/pickup truck bleeding out...

DayGlow
03-13-2005, 01:12 PM
if he clipped your car it's a hit and run. Since you have the plate report it to the police. I take it there is some damage?

?????
03-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
barely clipping my car

Weapon_R
03-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySS

Didn't think so.

They respond to your home in 7 minutes. Not to the hospital.

Give the guy a break - I doubt he'd run a red light in a dangerous intersection unless it was an extreme emergency. Perhaps someone was sick in the vehicle, or there was something that happened at home...

RSeXy
03-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Give the guy a break - I doubt he'd run a red light in a dangerous intersection unless it was an extreme emergency. Perhaps someone was sick in the vehicle, or there was something that happened at home...

It had NOTHING to do with an emergency. He was just an ASSHOLE. He couldn't stop in time so he had to swerve my stopped car and run the red b/c i heard his screeching tires. What he did was careless and wouldn't have had to happen had he NOT been tailgating and realizing the light had turned red.

ninjak84
03-13-2005, 05:28 PM
It would have been obvious if it was an emergency.

If the driver had blood all over him and a passenger that was writhing in agony, then I'd understand.
If buddy is smoking a cigarette with his stereo pounding for blocks, he's probably not going anywhere important.

Talies R
03-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
It would have been obvious if it was an emergency.

If the driver had blood all over him and a passenger that was writhing in agony, then I'd understand.
If buddy is smoking a cigarette with his stereo pounding for blocks, he's probably not going anywhere important.

The emergency could have involved his family, which wouldnt be as obvious.

RSeXy
03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Well it wasn't an emergency because I eventually ended up near him at the next set of lights and he was driving fine. He was just not paying attention. Him and his wife were giving me a stupid look as I pulled up beside them waiting to turn afterwards.

So here's to the both of them rolling over in a ditch when its minus 40 below out. :thumbsup:

asp integra
03-13-2005, 07:46 PM
ya sontact police and tell em what happened, they will then send him some big tickets in the mail, running a red, speeding, stunting all that kinda stuff

DayGlow
03-13-2005, 08:25 PM

and once they are there they have advanced life support. I've personally seen EMS keep people alive that would have been dead before they got to the hospital because of blood loss, trauma etc. People are blind enough to a emergancy vehicle equiped with sirens and lights, let alone a personal vehicle driving at a dangerous speed.

Zero102
03-14-2005, 12:32 AM
There's no reason for driving like that, even if it's an emergency. That's just going to cause more people to get hurt.
If he clipped your car, I would be filling out a hit and run report.....

iblizzard
03-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
There's no reason for driving like that, even if it's an emergency.

Agreed. There is NO good excuse for driving like that. Even if there was a major crisis with a family member. If it's that important, you call the appropriate emergency services... that's what they're there for.

If you absolutely need to get somewhere in a hurry, then take your time and make sure no one else gets (including yourself) gets hurt in the process of you getting there.

cloud7
03-17-2005, 10:53 PM
just like someone said, probably no emergency there... just inattentive driver following too close and took evasive action (going on the shoulder) to avoid an impending collision. Look on the bright side he didn't rear end you at high speed.
On a related note, good to see cops are ticketing people for driving on the shoulder in the opposite direction (southbound Beddington Trail) in the a.m. peak period.

BokCh0y
03-17-2005, 11:02 PM
:thumbsdow to asshole drivers.

FiveFreshFish
03-17-2005, 11:24 PM
That prick was probably too embarassed to stick around so he ran the light.

prodjsxb
03-18-2005, 03:35 AM

yeah and maybe he was promised a blowjob if he could get to his destination fast enough. :drama: