PDA

View Full Version : biggest tire width?

dodgeee-O
03-14-2005, 02:58 AM
hey guys, i'm deciding on tires for a set of 22 inch rims i just ordered. Thing is, i have no idea how wide i can go? Any idea how i'd figure it out? My stocks are 265's, the ones i was looking at are 305/40/22, just not sure if i'm going to have any rubbing issues. By the way, the tires are for a dodge durango 4x4, Thanks for any help.

JustinL
03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
You need to find out the width of your wheel before you can decide on the width of the tire. Each size wheel will have a range of tires that it can use. I'm sure if you did a little hunting around you could find a chart with tire recommendations based on the wheel width.

Once you find out what size tires you can run then you need to make sure they will fit in your fenders. Maybe check some durango forums to see what other people are able to fit.

Justin

JAYMEZ
03-14-2005, 04:20 PM
I think its 9.5 or 10 that can fit 300s.

dodgeee-O
03-15-2005, 12:43 AM
thanks guys, did some hunting around and emailed about 3 suppliers and all told me 305/40/22 would be best fit for the rims. Can't wait for them to arrive :thumbsup:

ondubs
03-15-2005, 10:54 AM
dodgeee-O,

welcome to the forums, glad to see another suv owner on the site. Anyways in regards to the tire width I would check with the shop you got your rims from to advise you on a width. That said I have a set of 22x10 and I'm running 325/40/22 with no rubbing on a denali. Looking back I am so happy going with the 325, it adds to the truck and makes the wheels stand out that much more. I am pretty sure you could run the 325 on your truck, if you did have rubbing issues, I've know other suv owners have used a great little trick of trimming the plastic wheel well liners back just a touch then holding in place with zip ties. I know it sounds ghetto but I've seen it done and you can't tell at all.

hope this helps,

- marc

btw what rim did you select..

^SkylinE^
03-15-2005, 12:00 PM
O wanna see some pics once you get the rims on!!!!:thumbsup:

dodgeee-O
03-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ondubs
dodgeee-O,

welcome to the forums, glad to see another suv owner on the site. Anyways in regards to the tire width I would check with the shop you got your rims from to advise you on a width. That said I have a set of 22x10 and I'm running 325/40/22 with no rubbing on a denali. Looking back I am so happy going with the 325, it adds to the truck and makes the wheels stand out that much more. I am pretty sure you could run the 325 on your truck, if you did have rubbing issues, I've know other suv owners have used a great little trick of trimming the plastic wheel well liners back just a touch then holding in place with zip ties. I know it sounds ghetto but I've seen it done and you can't tell at all.

hope this helps,

- marc

btw what rim did you select..

Thanks for the info, i think i'm gonna go with the 305 pirellis, and hope for the best. I did a lil test today on my vehicle cranking wheel in different positions and measuring, i think i'd need a lil trimming but minimal. Here's a pic of the rim:

dodgeee-O
03-15-2005, 07:54 PM
I'll be posting before and after pics hopefully within 3 weeks, once my bodykit/hood/exhaust and rims/tires are installed/painted.

djayz
03-15-2005, 09:10 PM
damnnnn
pimpin rims good choice

ondubs
03-15-2005, 10:58 PM
nice choice, I also went with a five spoke design. Go with the 22x9.5.. I'd post a photo of my truck but I don't know how?? The five spoke is nice for cleaning, easy to get into all the spaces.

- marc