PDA

View Full Version : Compustar

txgiang
03-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a Compustar 1 WAM4R installed on my Toyota Rav4(manual). Last week during a cold spell, my signals started to act up. My left signal light would go solid when my night lights are on and when they are off both left and right indicators would flicker. I brought the car into my mechanic and he tells me that my starter is interferring with my car cpu. My options is to rip out my starter, which I don't want to do.

Wondering if any has any resolutions for me?

Thanks

thinmyster
03-14-2005, 10:28 AM
you should check out www.the12volt.com its a whole site dedicated to car alarm/stereo install and stuff like that you should check it out and if not there are some knowledgeable people on the boards as well.. make sure you do a quick search first thou in either case

Strugari
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I would check the bulbs in your park lights and turn signals.
It sounds like a bulb could be shorting out. Check front and rear bulbs.
Let us know what else we can do for you.:thumbsup:

DoubleLP
03-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Sounds to me like there is either a problem with the bulbs or with the signal light relays. I do not see the starter causing any problem with them while the car is running.

core_upt
03-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Strugari
I would check the bulbs in your park lights and turn signals.
It sounds like a bulb could be shorting out. Check front and rear bulbs.
Let us know what else we can do for you.:thumbsup:

werd - if a bulb is shorting out, or if you recently changed any bulbs that might have a different resistance or anything that could change how the brain is reading things, it can cause problems. I have seen a vehicle whos remote starter would start then shutoff right away b/c the owner changed a tail almp that casued the brake light to light up with the park lights. The starter read it as the brake being touched, and shutting of the starter!