View Full Version : A Scanner Darkly

D'z Nutz
03-14-2005, 11:39 PM
This looks kinda cool:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/ascannerdarkly/

D'z Nutz
07-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Bump!

Fuck, the trailer's been out so long, I thought I missed the movie. I just realized it's supposed to be coming out (according to their official website, yesterday), but haven't seen where it may be playing. Anyone have any ideas? http://www.calgarymovies.com has nothing...

trikypenguin
07-15-2006, 12:31 PM
link no worky

D'z Nutz
07-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Fixed.

b_t
07-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Its only playing at the Uptown Stage & Screen
http://www.google.ca/movies?hl=en&near=CAlgary&dq=CAlgary+movie+showtimes&sa=X&oi=showtimes&ct=title&cd=1

just type "calgary movie showtimes" into Google, that is by far the best way to find them I think. I really want to see this movie, but I'm choked its only playing at the arthouse theatre

sl888
07-15-2006, 07:53 PM
theres info on this on calgary movies
http://www.calgarymovies.com/movies/movie.asp?id=1946714292
anyone see it yet??

Ekliptix
07-15-2006, 08:12 PM
looks good.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-15-2006, 10:59 PM
That was creepy - as soon as Keanu said the last line, "...or darkly.", my computer rebooted itself. :nut:

2000_SI
07-16-2006, 01:25 AM
Cool looking movie...but I will probably wait until ints on DVD, since I dont want to have to trek to the arthouse to view it

Tik-Tok
07-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Synopsis:

In a futuristic society, "the war on drugs" has essentially been lost. The most dangerous narcotic, Substance D, causes split personalities in people who abuse it. A gifted detective (Keanu Reeves) who gets addicted to the drug while working undercover develops a personality that becomes a dealer, which leads to problems when he is basically assigned to investigate himself.

Based on a Philip K. Dick novel, the film features a cross between live action photography and advanced animation techniques.

Main Cast:

Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Robert Downey Jr., Woody Harrelson, Rory Cochrane

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome movie, part comedy, part drama, not so futuristic as the synopsis says, only 7 years in the future or something. The whole live action turned into animation thing makes it well worth seeing. Story takes a few twists, so don't go so gooned you can't think.

(playing at the Uptown right now)

edit to add: ANYONE who has, or is, among a group of stoner friends will laugh your ass off at the house scenes, you'll instantly recognize the characters in your own friends.

Sprinter
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Soo excited to watch this movie... too bad it ain't out on normal theatres :thumbsdow

spyce
07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Interesting. I want to see this.
Anyone else seen it other than Tik tok?

Gravy_83
07-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Any good. going to see it next week and can't wait. anyone seen it yet??

shedboy
07-25-2006, 07:21 PM
yeah i saw it at uptown with the wife. was a great movie. tt is right, the house scenes are a riot and you can definitely relate if you've recently attended any of our fine public high schools. its funny, keeps you thinking, and the gives it to you rectally at the end

Gravy_83
07-25-2006, 07:53 PM
can't wait to see it now haha wow sounds more fucked than i thought it looked allready from the trailer.

gkAeris
07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
it was pretty good,

kinda made my friend naseau from watchign it though, at some parts. werid plot, different movie for sure. more of a rental for me though

DepTrotter
07-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
it was pretty good,

kinda made my friend naseau from watchign it though,

:english:

gkAeris
07-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

:english:

:whocares: don't read it then, shesh

DepTrotter
07-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris

:whocares: don't read it then, shesh

poor response

why would you write something that doesnt make sense and tell someone not to read it?

why would you write something that you didnt want someone to read?

:drama:

on topic, this movie was awesome, the cellshading looked amazing!

gkAeris
07-26-2006, 06:09 PM
oo the grammar and spelling police is out to get me!

anywho just drop it, i dont have prefect english skills, it's known and it's not a biggie,

your post was useless to the thread ;) be careful make sure you read the rules before posting thanks!

szw
08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Can someone explain to me the ending?

We are shown that the rehab center is responsible for growing that blue flower. Is the rehab center supposed to be government run? Connected to the agency with the narcs or separate?

I have been thinking about it for a while but i am confused about many points still.