PDA

View Full Version : lump formed on my neck????

cycosis
03-15-2005, 12:52 AM
this saturday night, i was gettin ready to go to the RoadHouse when i realised i had some kind of bump on the right back side of my neck. at first i thought it was some cramped muscle or soemthign so i didnt think much of it. the next day i examined and felt it and it seems to be a about a third of sectioned golf ball. its hard and its under a fair amount of skin, nto near the surface, when i aplly small amoujnt sof rpessure it really hurts. im off to the doctor tomorrow morning to get it checked out. any one have any ideas?

BloodBaneZXY
03-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Maybe a cist? As per my understanding is a group of nerves joined up because of a sprain...or something along those lines (someone could swoop in here and correct me). But yeah, definitely get it looked at ASAP

ryder_23
03-15-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm just gonna go ahead with recommending as you said, to see a doctor.

It could be a Lymph Node Enlargement, which can be caused by many things. Oddly enough, for enlargements around that area you described, if it is a lymph node problem, can be related to dandruff.

Hard to say without exact locational wareabouts, where the pump "sprouted."

t-im
03-15-2005, 01:08 AM
As people have said, it's probably a cist, nothing major....but if you're still feeling uneasy, get a second opinion.

T-Dubbs
03-15-2005, 12:26 PM
brennon..... your dying

~Leah~
03-15-2005, 10:05 PM
I've had that happen many a time.... damn painful but you'll be ok... I was so freaked out that it was cancerous or something but its just wound up tightness/cist.

djayz
03-15-2005, 10:19 PM
hmm i used to have like a marble sized lump on the right side of my neck...seems to have disapeared...it used to hurt when i pushed it in but other then that wasnt 1/3 the size of a golf ball

but yah it could be a cist , go see a doctor tho. hopefully its nothing serious

BokCh0y
03-15-2005, 10:37 PM
probably a cist. i had one of those, the doctor called it an "inclusive cist" and said it would either be with me forever or eventually go away.

get it checked out pal, sure it's nothing. :)

lastprodigy
03-15-2005, 10:40 PM
great how your first idea was to come on beyond and ask all the genious md's on here about it:rolleyes: ...come on just go to friggin doctor

Rav4Guy
03-15-2005, 10:40 PM
cyst. (that's how you spell it) and you should see a doctor. It'll go away eventually.

Rockski
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
whatever it is you have to name it "goity"

cycosis
03-15-2005, 11:15 PM
well, went to the doc today and it turns out i ahve an enlarged lymph node, not out of hot water but things are looking a bit better. i ahev to monitor it for the next 2 weeks and if it gets bigger, im goin in for tests

Z_Fan
03-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Wow!

I had a friend who had one of these ... was told it was going to go away - eventually the thing hardened and he had a small surgery where they cut it out! Might not have been the exact same thing as what you have...but it was a cyst and it looked like a hard piece of fat when it came out! Gross!

Glad you're ok.

DEREK57
03-16-2005, 12:13 AM
If you get another one it might be shingles. The doctor told me I just had a swollen gland and then after it started to happen on the rest of that side of my face they said I had shingles...apparently it usually happens to old people, but Im 18. :dunno:

danno
03-16-2005, 12:24 AM
so what happens if get bigger?? how did you get it??

ryder_23
03-16-2005, 12:35 AM
^

it could be numerous things.

Could be an infection, could be a tumor (cancerous or non).

my first guess was sort of right i guess

Hope it goes away man, atleast you made the move to see the doc early.

SUPRAPHAT
03-16-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by cycosis
well, went to the doc today and it turns out i ahve an enlarged lymph node, not out of hot water but things are looking a bit better. i ahev to monitor it for the next 2 weeks and if it gets bigger, im goin in for tests

More than likely the enlargement is due to an infection in your body that you may be unaware of. Nothin really to be worried about yet. Just make sure to get a little extra sleep and he should give you some antibiotic pills that will clean it up right away! I can grab the name if you'd like.

I had this when I was a kid and then it went away and then about a year ago it came back so I left it for a bit and then finally went in and thats what my doc told me and it cleared up right away!

Jason

sputnik
03-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Strep Throat would occasionally cause a lump on the side of my neck. It once was the size of half of an egg.

Tyler883
03-16-2005, 01:35 PM
I just picked up a new hunting knife with a cerrated edge, just drop by and I'll see if I can help. :burnout:

pixil9
03-16-2005, 01:46 PM
enlarged lymph node usually means cancer

ryder_23
03-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by pixil9

No it doesnt.

Numerous conditions and infections can cause swollen lymph nodes including:

* Common cold
* Infections
* Viruses
* Mononucleosis
* Tonsilitis
* Lymphoma
* Hodgkin's disease
* Leukemia
* Tuberculosis
* Sarcoidosis
* Toxoplasmosis
* Secondary syphilis (type of Syphilis)
* Yaws
* Cat scratch fever
* Lymphatic obstruction

sure cancer and other large diseases are there, but a simple, infection or cold can show same signs.

have you been sick alot latly? Sometimes lymph nodes swell due to a high white blood cell count, fighting off an infection, or in worst case, cancer. However, if u've been sick, or had a recent infection, this could be the cause of it as well.

A_3
03-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by pixil9

Very rarely. You're lymph's usually swell when you are sick because there is a greater amount of white blood cells in your system. So as stated above, it could be from Cancer, but that's highly unlikely, I would go to a doctor and get it checked out just in case.

finboy
03-16-2005, 07:38 PM
maybe its one of these?
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35925&highlight=wrist

i just smacked my wrist really hard against a counter and that got rid of it. maybe try the same with your neck? :dunno: :rofl: