PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Canon Kit Lens --> 18-55mm

Ekliptix
03-15-2005, 08:17 AM
I'm looking for the kind of lens that comes with the Digital Rebel. I broke mine and need to replace it before selling the camera.

Thanks!

turboMiata
03-15-2005, 09:18 AM
you selling the camera for the 350?

D'z Nutz
03-15-2005, 10:06 AM
How much are you looking to sell the camera for? You might be able to sell the body off without the lens to someone in the astrophotography area. It's really common for them to pick up a used 300D body and modify it so it's more suitable for long exposure astrophotography (they just remove the IR filter).

Just a suggestion. If you're interested in going that route, PM me and I can point you in a couple areas you can try selling it off at.

superalltrac
03-15-2005, 01:25 PM
This is Ekliptix typing.

Originally posted by turboMiata
you selling the camera for the 350?
20D. I already took a gig of pics with it on the weekend. It focuses so well.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
How much are you looking to sell the camera for? You might be able to sell the body off without the lens to someone in the astrophotography area. It's really common for them to pick up a used 300D body and modify it so it's more suitable for long exposure astrophotography (they just remove the IR filter).

Just a suggestion. If you're interested in going that route, PM me and I can point you in a couple areas you can try selling it off at.
At least $750 for the body. My neigbour indicated that they'd pick it up for at least $800 w/ a lens.
If you can find someone locally I may be interested in talking to them.

Thanks

turboMiata
03-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by superalltrac
My neigbour indicated that they'd pick it up for at least $800 w/ a lens.

The lens is going for around $100US used. The 350D is coming out at C$1100 in a few weeks (body). Even $700 is a good price for you. I'd just unload the 300D now before the market is flooded with it.

Ekliptix
03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I'll keep that in mind.
bump

lint
04-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Still looking for a kit lens? How much are you looking to spend?