PDA

View Full Version : Tow Truck Drivers are Thieves

RydeTheLytening
03-15-2005, 10:43 AM
alright i'm pissed...ive had my vehicle towed to the impound twice now since i moved to calgary and both times ive been robbed!

The first time was about 4 years ago. i show up at the impound yard to pick up my jeep and my oakleys and a $600 leather jacket were missing. This time my car was hit and written off by a drunk driver. When i get down to the impound yard for my personal belongings, both my pool cues and about 50 CDs were gone! That's probably like 2 grand worth of stuff stolen altogether.

i cant see it being anyone at the police impound cause i'm sure they have cameras watching the place so that only leaves the towing company. anyone else been raped like this? I just hope i run into someone somewhere shooting with my stick...it aint gonna be pretty!

cycosis
03-15-2005, 10:56 AM
why wouldnt u take your imporant stuff out at the scene? sux to hear though, hope u get it resolved

Xtrema
03-15-2005, 10:58 AM
It sucks that's why you don't want to give anyone a reason to tow your car.

2002civic
03-15-2005, 11:38 AM
^^^well im sure he didnt choose to get hit by a drunk driver

1badPT
03-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I was towed once for parking in what I thought was visitor parking - I visited a friend's house and she was certain that the spot I was parked in was for visitors. What she didn't know was that the building she lived in changed their policy and required a visitor tag in order to park in the visitor parking spots.

I should point out this was in the dead of winter -40 outside and it was the middle of the night - not fun to walk outside to see your car not where you left it. :thumbsdow

RydeTheLytening
03-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
why wouldnt u take your imporant stuff out at the scene? sux to hear though, hope u get it resolved

well my pool cue wasnt really on my mind as i was being rushed to the hospital :)

as far as getting anything resolved, everyone ive talked to about it says there's nothing they can do without proof...everythings a loss. :banghead:

TrevorK
03-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Homeowners insurance will cover the contents of the car.

eb0i
03-16-2005, 10:39 AM
if you have the receipts for the items you lost in the car then you can claim them through your home insurance as mentioned above.

pixil9
03-16-2005, 11:00 AM
last time i got towed they dropped one of my trucks and caused 3k damage and got this sticky sappy shit all over my leather seats and cloth on the door. The shit was also EVERYWHERE on the driver side of the truck. Had to pay $300 for detailing to get it all off.

FUCING TOW TRUCK DRIVERS ARE FUCKS.:whipped:

rage2
03-16-2005, 11:17 AM
the tow truck driver stole my tow hook. I stated specifically DO NOT take my tow hook, it's my only one. He took it. I called the tow company, and they refused to even investigate.

I miss my tow hook :(.

X_plorer
03-16-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't know, I had my car towed and impounded after it was a recovered theft and I requested that a flat deck tow truck pick it up since it is lowered, exhaust etc... I dont' want that stuff dragging all over and getting wrecked. The guy did a great job, even had a trick with a piece of 4X4 to get the car on the deck without dragging the exhaust along the ground. Just my experience though, of course everything of value had already been removed from the car by the theiving punks that stole it.

32V-V8
03-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Yop, Tow truck drivers are goofballs. I try not to have my vehicles towed to the impound very often... best bet is to try and get the drivers name, hunt him down and confront him on it.. there is nothing illegal about that.

statick
03-16-2005, 01:01 PM
next time take out personal belongings