PDA

View Full Version : Swaybar Endlink / Link Kits

91tomstwo
03-15-2005, 02:31 PM
I need to replace my front swaybar end links (both sides) and was wondering if anyone has any advice.

Currently my options are:

1. Buy factory Toyota end links at $140 each
2. Buy TwosRus aftermarket end links at ~$150-170 a pair (after shipping and taxes
3. Make my own.

Are there any other options? I called around (Canadian Tire, Part Source, NAPA, and Piston Ring and no one carries any TRW/Moog front end parts.)

I know some of you made your own that look similar to the TwosRus design for a lot less. Anyone want to share part numbers or at least where you got the parts from?

Any input would be fantastic. Thanks!

Redlyne_mr2
03-15-2005, 08:06 PM
The toyota ones are great if you have stock swaybars. If you upgrade its worth spending the money on the tworus units. Ive got the ST bars so got aftermarket endlinks when I ordered my coilovers. Diffinetely worth the money

jdmakkord
03-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Measure the length, then go to energy suspension's site, and find the universal poly bushing endlinks that are the same size.

91tomstwo
03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Measure the length, then go to energy suspension's site, and find the universal poly bushing endlinks that are the same size.

Unfortunately you can't do that. MR2 end links basically have 2 tie rod ends on each side. Energy Suspension doesn't make anything that looks like that.

-kl

91tomstwo
03-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The toyota ones are great if you have stock swaybars. If you upgrade its worth spending the money on the tworus units. Ive got the ST bars so got aftermarket endlinks when I ordered my coilovers. Diffinetely worth the money

I've got stock sway bars but I don't want to spend $350-$500 on front & rear sway bar end links. Seems expensive to me. Mine are currently in ok shape I just thought I would replace them since I am replacing my suspension right now.

-kl

jvillain
03-16-2005, 04:05 PM
The Sarge ones from TwosRUs are nice pieces. I have a set myself. I couldn't beleive how scrawny the stockers are in comparison. I have had a couple of freinds make their own by going to Princess Auto for the ends. They both failed within 1 year.

If yopur car has been lowered the adjustabily is nice as well.