PDA

View Full Version : Will the policeman pull me over for this?

Importz
03-15-2005, 05:50 PM
For my licnsene plate how its tucked underneath. anyone know?

Importz
03-15-2005, 05:51 PM
:dunno:

Importz
03-15-2005, 05:52 PM
:rolleyes:

Mikey_008
03-15-2005, 05:53 PM
why do you have two plates on the back of your bike?

CelicaST-162
If this helps, the spare tire on my truck covers my plate completly...have not been pulled over before regarding to this....

Importz
:cry:

brandon
03-15-2005, 05:54 PM
1. Yes because it is not easily visable! and it is behind a mudflap!

2. Why do you have 2 license plates on your bike?

3. When you go over a bump wouldn't it cause your tire to go directly into your plate?

4. Why would you want it there besides for photo radar and what not?

Importz
03-15-2005, 05:56 PM
ok the mudflap thing with the licence plate will be remove if i can keep the licence plate tucked underneath

Importz
03-15-2005, 05:58 PM
see this pic witout the mudflap? doent it look way cleaner?

X_plorer
03-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Do you acknowledge that the plate is hard to see when it is bent? Bikers only have bent plates for one reason, so they can speed, usually they bend the upwards. But yes I would suspect should you ever get pulled over for anything else the police officer will be sure to hassle you for it, I am not sure if they would pull you over only for the plate but someone having a bad day might. If you want a cleaner look, you can get a fender eliminator kit, it looks a lot cleaner but still shows the license plate clearly and I am fairly sure it is legal still with the kit.

Seanith
03-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Yes not only will they pull you over for that, I hope they do.

Importz
03-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
Yes not only will they pull you over for that, I hope they do.

y do you hope they pull me over? cause you are a faggot and jealous? go away!!

djayz
03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
yah they most likely will...ive heard of people getting pulled over cuz of a dirty license plate...and not wearing a seatbelt...but really they dont pull you over for not wearing a seatbelt so it must have been because of the plate

n e ways get the kit...

Seanith
03-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Importz

y do you hope they pull me over? cause you are a faggot and jealous? go away!!

Because it is moronic, and since your probably not an idiot you know damn well that its breaking the law. Is that a good reason?

Importz
03-15-2005, 07:00 PM
whys that? it is clearly visable if i remove the mudflap? am just concern cause there is no light thats all......well do you like if i say i hope your mom dies?

forkdork
03-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Post a pic from behind the bike by like 5 feet. I bet you will get pulled over for it.

lam-boy
03-15-2005, 07:40 PM
whys that? it is clearly visable if i remove the mudflap? am just concern cause there is no light thats all......well do you like if i say i hope your mom dies?

at least keep the lights man - especially that reflector.

old&slow
03-15-2005, 07:45 PM
The bike looks awesome without the the mudflap...but I'd have to say it's kind a dangerous with the lights!!!

The plate may get u hassle but the lack of taillights might get u dead....:(

SikAssR1
03-15-2005, 07:47 PM
I got pulled over by the RCMP last summer in Red Deer with 2 other guys I was riding with. WE all got tickets for "modifying" our back end. Such as taking off the mudflap and factory reflectors. We all had turn signals but they were integrated into our brake lights and thought about fighting the charge. But After doing a lot of research it is actually stated in the traffic act that those reflectors must be visable, and you know that little light that goes above your plate? You do have to have it as well. I've had my current bike for almost 3 years and that was the only time I've had a police officer pull me over for something like that. So I guess it all depends on the cop. But to put your plate all the way back there is basically giving a cop a closer step to his/her quota.

Importz
03-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by SikAssR1
I got pulled over by the RCMP last summer in Red Deer with 2 other guys I was riding with. WE all got tickets for "modifying" our back end. Such as taking off the mudflap and factory reflectors. We all had turn signals but they were integrated into our brake lights and thought about fighting the charge. But After doing a lot of research it is actually stated in the traffic act that those reflectors must be visable, and you know that little light that goes above your plate? You do have to have it as well. I've had my current bike for almost 3 years and that was the only time I've had a police officer pull me over for something like that. So I guess it all depends on the cop. But to put your plate all the way back there is basically giving a cop a closer step to his/her quota.

JordanLotoski
03-15-2005, 07:48 PM
why dont you try it, if you get pulled over move it back!

Importz
03-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
why dont you try it, if you get pulled over move it back!

you read my mine...thats what am gonna do

CokerRat
03-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Did you read #3 in Brandon's post? I'm trying to imagine what exactly happens when the tire (rotating from the back toward the front of the bike) meets the edge of the plate at high speed. Does the plate just buckle, or does it get ripped off? And if so you'd better hope it doesn't somehow follow the tire edge underneath the guard. Things to think about when you're doing 150 km/h.

asp integra
03-15-2005, 11:34 PM
why do u have 2 plates???????????

JustinL
03-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by CokerRat
Did you read #3 in Brandon's post? I'm trying to imagine what exactly happens when the tire (rotating from the back toward the front of the bike) meets the edge of the plate at high speed. Does the plate just buckle, or does it get ripped off? And if so you'd better hope it doesn't somehow follow the tire edge underneath the guard. Things to think about when you're doing 150 km/h.

I think this is a valid point; under compression you run the risk of folding the plate and damaging something. Maybe hook it up and test it a bit first with a piece of cardboard and see how much abuse it takes. Maybe make your decision easier...

sexualbanana
03-16-2005, 01:01 AM
I can't say I like it either. Same reason I don't like the rubber covers on car plates.

All it does is cover your ass if you do something seriously illegal. Ie. a hit and run. No one can see your plate, so it increases your chances of getting away scott-free.

I found a lot of those rubber covers absolutely ridiculous because some of them were so bad you couldn't see there was a plate underneath.

J-Noble
03-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Couldn't you guys just machine a plate flap with a hinge so that the plate lifts from natural wind resistance, when at speed?

Just a thought.

Xtrema
03-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Just sew it on the back of your jacket to keep the bike clean :D

rmk
03-16-2005, 02:31 PM
yes, the policeman (LOL) will pull you over for that. its gotta be visible from any angle and distance. and since you can read (flaming away in this thread) why do you have two plates? we're all wondering that.

ps. great bike.

Importz
03-16-2005, 02:37 PM
i found a kit i kinda like...:closed:

ACX
03-16-2005, 04:20 PM
try it. if there is any safety issues I'm sure darwin will be there to help.

ShOwOfF
03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Didn't you have a blue RR? Is it for sale?

Importz
03-16-2005, 07:52 PM
well i thought this site was for to get help and advise but i guess i was wrong...well its funny how some of you guys act so hardcore in front of your computer screen..if it was such a dumb idea why would they sell the kit? see for yourself.....i would just love to meet some of you guys in person...my frineds would have so much fun with you guys......

Chester
03-16-2005, 08:02 PM
My cousin has it mounted where the mudflap used to be and it's slightly bent inwards

7thgenvic
03-16-2005, 08:03 PM
my good friend has the rear or his R1 the exact same but he still mounts the plate back there! i think you will get a ticket, and it does look sweet and all! but in all honesty! im almost possitive you'll get shit from the PoPo

schurchill39
03-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldnt it effect your suspension in the sense that your tire might hit it when it goes up like over a bump or sumthing *if that makes sense*?

lilboykorea
03-16-2005, 11:26 PM
pm me ill show u what im doing with mine, and it wont cost an arm...

GT2NV
03-16-2005, 11:28 PM
fender eliminators are pimp, but i always wondered about the angled lisense plate

Chiggles
03-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by CokerRat

Agreed. Glad to see there are individuals here that have common sense and are actually putting some sensible thought into this. Seriously, you risk damaging the bike and could possibly put yourself at risk too if the plate just catches the tire or something else at the wrong angle and happens to throw the bike off balance while you're rocketing down Deerfoot or whatever. You would end up pretty deep in that hurt locker.

Originally posted by rmk
yes, the policeman (LOL) will pull you over for that. its gotta be visible from any angle and distance. and since you can read (flaming away in this thread) why do you have two plates? we're all wondering that.

ps. great bike.

Like everyone else, says you WILL be pulled over for it and it doesn't seem like it's a very prudent course of action when you consider the consequences to the bike and to yourself. .... And why is it that you have 2 plates???? Is it just me, or does anyone else who has read this thread seem like Importz is avoiding that question completely???

Myself included, I'm sure nobody's really trying to be rude or "hardcore" as you put it, Importz. But seriously, what's the dilio with the double plates???

Importz
03-17-2005, 04:31 AM
the licence plate in the back is from my old bike i just stuck it there to see what it looks like.

Importz
03-17-2005, 05:01 AM
from this pic here you can see that the plate is nowhwere even close to the tire so rubbing is not an issue,.....

lam-boy
03-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by GT2NV
fender eliminators are pimp, but i always wondered about the angled lisense plate

its so photo radar and shit don't catch you.
but thats stupid - just like plastic covers on the plates on cars

Phy
03-17-2005, 04:00 PM
from this pic here you can see that the plate is nowhwere even close to the tire so rubbing is not an issue,.....

Is your suspension fully compressed there?

X_plorer
03-17-2005, 04:31 PM
No it isn't, there isn't even anyone sitting on the bike yet. The suspension is still going to give a little and settle in once you sit on the bike, plus if you go over any bumps, speed bumps etc....as well I would be scared having the plate that closed to my wheel not only in normal riding, but also during any hard cornering. Scary if you ask me. Also what if you want to give someone a lift and have someone on the back of the bike? Theres no way that plate will clear.

Like I said, go with the fender eliminator kit, it still has all the lights, reflectors etc... is legal and looks great to boot.

old&slow
03-17-2005, 06:28 PM
When u ask for advice on this site and others like it ...be prepared to recieved all kinds of idiotic and self righteous remarks.
There are so many perfect souls out there it just amazing.
And some of them have been born with all their wisdom...they never made mistakes along the way.

Good luck with ur bike kid...and be carefull out there...the same idiots that insult u here maybe the ones that run u off the road while talking on thier cellphones! or other non attentive activities

240droptop
03-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Nice bike man:thumbsup: look good I'm affraid I would have to agree I cant picture your tire being to safe with that palte there hopefully you figure it all out I'm sure it will look good be sure to post pics when your done:clap:

Carfanman
03-18-2005, 10:05 AM
wow Seanith, do you browse the forums looking for people to flame? If he was meant to do something illegal, do you think he would have asked if it was ok?

Barking_Spidre
03-18-2005, 10:50 AM
well i thought this site was for to get help and advise but i guess i was wrong...well its funny how some of you guys act so hardcore in front of your computer screen..if it was such a dumb idea why would they sell the kit? see for yourself.....i would just love to meet some of you guys in person...my frineds would have so much fun with you guys......

:rofl: Oh the irony.

I'd have to say the cops would pull you over, but a warning would most likely be the worst they'd do the first time.

Seanith
03-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
wow Seanith, do you browse the forums looking for people to flame? If he was meant to do something illegal, do you think he would have asked if it was ok?

Its past your bedtime.

Importz
03-18-2005, 05:36 PM
the above dude like to flame ppl probably because he has a min wage job, doesnt have a girlfriend lives at home in his moms baesment...so to make him feel better he likes flame people over the interent

benyl
03-18-2005, 06:17 PM

Just because they sell a kit, doesn't make it a smart idea, nor does it make it legal. (Think APC wing).

On the otherhand, I will do that kit if I had that bike.

Seanith
03-18-2005, 07:03 PM
the above dude like to flame ppl probably because he has a min wage job, doesnt have a girlfriend lives at home in his moms baesment...so to make him feel better he likes flame people over the interent

I don't know why you keep bringing me into this :dunno:
BTW, read all your replies there e-thug. Your the biggest flamer on beyond.

Importz
03-18-2005, 08:08 PM
lol i dont wish that ppl get tickets and i dont post in other ppls thread to put them down...i post maybe 4 times a week so wtf are you talking? why dont you go play with your lefthand while i go play wit my girlfrend.....hurtin goof....jealosy is a bitch isnt it

lilboykorea
03-18-2005, 09:32 PM
importz i have mine simply zipp tied on the rear pegs, NO PROBLEMS with compression even w wheelies

wildkarrde
03-18-2005, 10:18 PM
^^

So its sideways?

knees scrapin'
03-18-2005, 10:54 PM
To all you haters out there in E land piss off and let the boy do what he wants. If he gets pulled he gets pulled and most likley it won't be for a bent plate.

Cut those damn bus indicators off the back, make your own or buy a fender elim kit. Nuff said.

The only reason the fuzz will pull you over for a fender trim is:

1. no light on the plate - for nights
2. Non visible plate
3. no turn signals

To remedy this:

1. rewire your light to under seat and point it backwards toward the plate

2. DO NOT bend it you'll be fine

3. Use a intergrated led panel from any # of manufacturers for brake/tail and signals.

Quite simple really, I have been riding around with these mods done for over 3 years with no issues.

And unless you have crazy suspension travel I wouldn't worry about the tire hitting the plate.

Xtrema
03-19-2005, 03:14 PM

Nice! but looks like Alberta plate is a tad bigger to fit like this.

BTW, if this does fit, I would try it. But be prepare if some pissy cop want to meet his ticket quota.

schmooot
03-19-2005, 03:37 PM
depends what kind of day the copper is having. They can/will pull you over for damn well anything, you might not get a ticket or you could be respectful to the cop and explain you didn't know and will change it right away, that usually works

skidmark
03-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Here in BC, that is a $196 ticket. Good luck.

LittleAngel
03-20-2005, 12:16 PM
so why dont you take off your old plate and put your proper plate in the proper spot...:confused:

I think it looks better in the proper spot, and what's the point in purposly getting a ticket? or purposly putting you and your bike at risk with the whole tire issue?

32V-V8
03-20-2005, 12:29 PM
All of my riding buddies have their plates mounted in the wheel well, but not where you put yours.. I would move it closer to the back.

Hollywood
03-20-2005, 01:10 PM
lol i dont wish that ppl get tickets and i dont post in other ppls thread to put them down...i post maybe 4 times a week so wtf are you talking? why dont you go play with your lefthand while i go play wit my girlfrend.....hurtin goof....jealosy is a bitch isnt it

The only people I wish tickets for are drunk drivers, and "careless" street racers. But I too hate it when people wish tickets on other people, it's annoying.

From an unbiased person, despite it makes the bike look better, I don't think it's worth it. It loos pretty shady to me. If I was a cop I might think your in a bike gang and your trying to hide your plate.

Some cops have a way of making you have a shitty day. If you have other mods on the bike, also a reason not to do it as it gives the cop the opertunity to pull you over and nit pick you bike, like what happed to buddy a few posts up.

Not to mention everytime your driving and near a cop you will get nervous wondering if he's gonna pull you over for it. I hated that when I had my modded 240. I became cop paranoid.

Also you plate says utah, do you not drive in canada? Province to province, state to state have different police enforcemnt styles and different laws. It becomes a personal judgement call.