PDA

View Full Version : The Verve

max_boost
03-15-2005, 08:56 PM
The gf and I decided to broaden our horizons and check out The Verve. It was quite the dining experience for the both of us. We were pleasantly greeted at the door. The restaurant is very dark, yet contemporary and nicely designed which makes it a perfect place for couples. We started the meal off with Mussels. They were the best mussels I've tasted! We decided to get the Seafood Platter which came with ceasar salad to start with. The Platter itself consisted of lobster, generous filets of salmon and halibut, each simmered in their own sauce. The best crabcakes I've tasted and two skewers with jumbo scallops and prawns, this all garnished with asparagus and spring vegetables. Two bowls of Lobster raviolli and three-cheese tortellini also accompanied the meal. It ended up being too much for the both of us to eat, but we managed to sample a fair bit of everything as we had to save room for dessert! I was a bit disappointed that they could not make the creme brulee as the last call was 15 minutes prior to my ordering, but the gf had a Pear Tarte and I settled with Chocolate gelato. Both were great. Including tip the bill came to $150. But this place is highly recommended and I will be going back in the near future!

Food: 5/5
Ambiance: 4.5/5
Cost: 4/5
Service: 5/5

www.ververestaurants.com

sputnik
03-16-2005, 08:02 AM
A friend of mine is one of the chefs there and he told me that the owners are in the process of buying La Caille on the Bow. Would be nice to have the Verve nearby for lunch.

GingeRRRBeef
03-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Nice!!! Which location did you go to? The one on memorial or 23rd ave???

I've driven by the one on memorial so many times and have always wondered about how it is. But I suppose I'm gonna go check it out now! :thumbsup:

BebeAphrodite
03-17-2005, 11:29 AM
he he he, I've been meaning to check it out

max_boost
03-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Went to the one on Memorial/10ST. It really is an amazing restaurant, compared to the ones I normally frequent.

RSeXy
03-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Sam and I went back to the Verve b/c we were so impressed with it a few days ago. And it was NOT anywhere near the experience we had previously. First off, the waiter took forever to take our drink order. Actually...after about 20 mins when he came to take our food order, he took our drink order! Sam had an empty water glass on a few occasions. We never got our bread. We ordered the mussels as an appetizer...to which when the waiter came to take our plates away he SPILLED the tomato broth on me....only to NOT realize it until I was cleaning it up off myself and the table! Then he asked if I needed another cloth to finish cleaning the table. Yeah OK there. :rolleyes:

For our entrees, I ordered the Filet Mignon while Sam had the 8oz. steak and lobster tail. The entrees wereexcellent. But the Service SUCKED and the Mango Creme Brulee we shared afterwards tasted NASTY. (Could've been poor choice in dessert)

Even when Sam was going to pay, the guy commented on how we came late, even when I called to ask if it was still alrite to come for dinner! We both felt rushed and upset at the poor service. Needless to say, I will not be going back for quite some time. :thumbsdow

AllGoNoShow
03-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Complain to a manager, even if you don't get anything out of it, it seems to fix por waiters attitudes quickly.

Did anyone seen ribs on the menu? :D

Is it overall expensive here, we are looking to go out for a nice dinner again with a bunch of people (6-7) around mid April, so I'm starting my hunting now.

AllGoNoShow
03-29-2005, 03:11 AM
nm abotu the ribs, checked the menus on the website :(

Redlyne_mr2
05-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Bump I think Im heading there tonight..wiil post results.