PDA

View Full Version : Which SUV would you buy and why?

69cougar
03-15-2005, 10:17 PM
So it looks like the next vehicle in our family is going to be one of the following:

1) Ford Escape
2) Chevy Equinox
3) Saturn Vue
4) Honda CRV

Any thoughts, opinions, experiences? Any that I am missing in this class and price range (27,000 to 33,000)

t-im
03-15-2005, 10:30 PM
CR-V for sure - proven reliability and resale.

Though, i'm not a big fan of the current generation CR-V's looks..I like the Rav4 more.

Weapon_R
03-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Chevy Equinox - likely the most capable of the 4 you picked.

alpha
03-15-2005, 10:40 PM
go for a used infinity QX4, very attractive looking for sure.

Mr. Burns
03-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Saturn Vue Redline if it has to be one of the above choices.

Rav4Guy
03-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Depends on what your going after and what you use it for.

Financing, leasing, purchasing?
I4, V6? HP, TQ?
Affordability, Resale value?

I'd personally suggest you look at a 2005 Toyota Rav4 as well. That's my personal suggestion as I look for a vehicle that's reliable. I don't want to purchase a vehicle and have to bring it back to the dealership every month.

What's even better then just asking us, go for a test drive in all of them. See which one suits you better, both physically and financially.

statick
03-16-2005, 01:26 PM
u could also perhaps get a subaru forester. IMO its between the crv and the forester, but as stated, what are you looking to use it for ?

VIP_style
03-17-2005, 01:40 AM
I'd say the CRV is the best out of those options, proven relibility and solid platform. Not to mention when you go and sell the car- the Honda will have held alot more of it value than its other domestic counterparts.

Godfuader
03-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy

I'd personally suggest you look at a 2005 Toyota Rav4 as well. That's my personal suggestion as I look for a vehicle that's reliable. I don't want to purchase a vehicle and have to bring it back to the dealership every month.

:werd: Overall the RAV4 is way-better overall than some of the above combined. Just got the Girl-friend a new RAV 3mths ago. I personally test drove it because the family was hesitant about a taller car. Took the southcenter offramp (30km/h) at 65 and the RAV4 acted like it was on rails. Then i found an open gate for a golf course and decided to do a 5min offroad test.

The RAV4 felt amazing, was comfortable, drove REALLY well. Do yourself a favour and stay away from the domestics. RAV4 has Toyota Reliability, a degree of style, amazing resale and overall satisfaction. I did all the research in the mini-suv category and still have some brochures in my bag. Go down to Canyon Creek Toyota and they'll give you one for 30mins. Test drive it as hard as you want, you wont be sorry. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for the RAV4

/////AMG
03-17-2005, 09:55 AM
I would go for a Chevy Equinox.

But just take over our lease for a 03' Grand Caravan! :thumbsup:
You can afford it, we know your an insider that’s why all your stocks are octupling, hahaha :rofl:

4doorj
03-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by alpha
go for a used infinity QX4, very attractive looking for sure.

i agree!

Xtrema
03-17-2005, 10:49 AM
I'll just list what I don't like about each.

1) It's a Ford
2) Interior is cheap
3) Can't get excited unless it has the Honda 3.5 in it
4) Great all around but fugly

RAV4, pretty gutless before the engine upgrade. Now, it's better.

X-Trail, it's a wonderful off road machine but boxy look is a unique.

Forester, (XT is nice but out of your range) and who want to drive around a car with lesbian vibe (unless you're one).

My 123 would be:

1) RAV4
2) X-Trail
3) CR-V

JordanEG6
03-17-2005, 10:54 AM
the ford escape wouldnt be a bad choice. its actually pretty good to drive. the thing is though, it has massive power steering pump problems (cuz its a ford). well at least it did when i used to work for Budget car rental. but if they improved for '05, it wouldnt be a bad choice..

but i agree with Xtrema and few others on this thread, the Rav4 is a good choice also and the CR Vs are good as well. if your planning to get the rav 4, get the Chili edition.

Rav4Guy
03-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj

i agree!

If your getting a used qx4, might as well pick yourself up a fully loaded pathfinder and save yourself some money.

bspot
03-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Saturn Vue with the honda V6 :thumbsup:

1badPT
03-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Equinox or the Vue Redline

awd
03-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Jeep Liberty > all of those.

1badPT
03-17-2005, 12:09 PM
^^agreed

69cougar
03-17-2005, 02:49 PM
I hate the liberty's they ride like a buck board and they do not have much storage room in the back. It is probably the most over rated vehicle Jeep has ever had. Would not touch with a 10ft pole JMO

awd
03-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar
I hate the liberty's they ride like a buck board and they do not have much storage room in the back. It is probably the most over rated vehicle Jeep has ever had. Would not touch with a 10ft pole JMO

Storage aside they are the only real 4X4 of the bunch -- the rest of your choices are meant for suburbia.

Tell me why they are overrated?

Liberty aside, if it was my choice I would go would a Subaru Forester XT and be done with it -- more power, room and no paranoia of rollovers.

69cougar
03-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by awd

Storage aside they are the only real 4X4 of the bunch -- the rest of your choices are meant for suburbia.

Tell me why they are overrated?

Liberty aside, if it was my choice I would go would a Subaru Forester XT and be done with it -- more power, room and no paranoia of rollovers.

JMO. You are right this is the only true (ie. T-fer case, manual shift4 x4) in the bunch. Suburbia is exactly what it is going to be used for.

Liberty is a narrow tall vehicle = easy tip over. Try going camping in one there is not enough room to fit everything that you would need. They ride extremely rough due to the short wheel base. The one pro I give them is the turning radius is really good in them. As a practical vehicle for hauling stuff around day to day thought they are not that good. A Hockey bag barely fits. Also dont care for the fact that the tail gate swings as appose to lifts up (easier to tie a vehicle hatch down then to keep from swinging.

I really think that they should have made the liberty bigger when you look at what is replaced it does not live up to what it should have.

Dont get me wrong I love some Chryslers (best veh I ever owned was one) but the liberty IMO does not compete well in this class.

a1jatt
08-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by awd
Jeep Liberty > all of those.
a fuel sucking pig... called compact , burns same gas as grand cherokee with much less space.. when you sit in it you have to keep your right leg at 45 degree caz there is not much space.

Anton
08-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Edit: Holy fuck, didn't realize this was so old.

tentacles
08-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Saturn VUE has VTEC. :thumbsup:

ZMan2k2
08-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Holy old thread Batman!

ashee
08-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar

I agree the liberty's aren't great at all, I'm actually not very impressed with any of Jeep's new vehicles they're not as nice as they used to be nor comfortable to drive and I think commanders are so incredibly fugly. :thumbsdow

But to answer the question that actually relates to this topic I'd say Chevy Equinox because they're pretty nice in appearance, a really comfortable smooth ride, lots of room, good price.:thumbsup:

blitz
09-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Anton
Edit: Holy fuck, didn't realize this was so old.

Originally posted by ZMan2k2
Holy old thread Batman!

Originally posted by ashee

I agree the liberty's aren't great at all, I'm actually not very impressed with any of Jeep's new vehicles they're not as nice as they used to be nor comfortable to drive and I think commanders are so incredibly fugly. :thumbsdow

But to answer the question that actually relates to this topic I'd say Chevy Equinox because they're pretty nice in appearance, a really comfortable smooth ride, lots of room, good price.:thumbsup:

Do you honestly think he's STILL looking for this vehicle?

USED1
09-08-2006, 03:21 PM
She's not into adding value, just post count.