PDA

View Full Version : Asian+Honda's, might be some issues this summer in Calgary

Hollywood
03-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Not sure if you guys remember but 2 years ago there seemed to be a big hate on by cops with Asians in honda's and Asians in sportscars, ages 16-30 roughly. This unfortunately was brought on by gang related inncodents with many honda vehicles.

Well the last 3 Asian gang shootings, just the past few months all of them involved at least 1 honda.

Now I am completely against this course of racism from Calgary cops as many of my Asian friends were targets of cheap police tactics for them to give tickets, inspect vehicles and persons in the vehicles. It got really bad. I heard sooooo many bad stories from friends and people posting on beyond, so I CALLED THE COPS, ON THE COPS! I talked to a very interested PR officer. I trust it made a difference as the senseless "inspections" and cheesy infractions were becomming not as common, but I can't say for sure.

But now with the hightened asian gang activity in the press as of late I am guessing at this point, but I bet 2 summer's ago issue will be back this year.

dcoultis
03-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Yah cops suck.

Idratherbsidewayz
03-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by dcoultis
Yah cops suck.

You never know when you'll need their help. Tickets suck, but most of the time you deserve them. All mods are done while knowing that they're illegal.

CivicDXR
03-15-2005, 11:36 PM
great... just what I need... I try to make my car less heatscore, but either way, I'm screwed... time to get a new car...:drama: :bullshit:

SoSlowDx
03-15-2005, 11:37 PM
It sure has. In a way I can't blame them for doing that.:dunno:

googe
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
great... just what I need... I try to make my car less heatscore, but either way, I'm screwed... time to get a new car...:drama: :bullshit:

or just dont do or have anything illegal?

BumpinTalon
03-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Yah cops suck.

shut, the fuck, up. blame the gangsters not the cops.

dcoultis
03-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

shut, the fuck, up. blame the gangsters not the cops.

Yo cops rule, I blame the gangsters of course, dawg chill!

2.2vtec
03-16-2005, 12:21 AM
I don' know why people have so much trust in cops when half of them is as crooked as the "gang members" who ever thinks they are all mighty is an idiot!

2.2vtec
03-16-2005, 12:22 AM

Yo cops rule, I blame the gangsters of course, dawg chill!

You must be one of the "gangsters" DAWG!:rolleyes:

dcoultis
03-16-2005, 12:27 AM
:rofl:

sexualbanana
03-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
I don' know why people have so much trust in cops when half of them is as crooked as the "gang members" who ever thinks they are all mighty is an idiot!

Show me proof that they're corrupt, I'll show you 2 cases of good cops.

dcoultis
03-16-2005, 01:01 AM
I know Ms. Le!

cman
03-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: well i think we know who the idiot is just by reading that.

Skyline_Addict
03-16-2005, 02:05 AM
that's unfortunate..... but i don't see how the make of a car and a person's race are inter-related. yes, alot of asians drive hondas, and alot of asians drive sports cars, but so do alot of people of other races. if it was a white guy or something involved in the shootings and he also used a honda, i DOUBT the cops would start doing checks on white people driving hondas or sports cars.

spike98
03-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
that's unfortunate..... but i don't see how the make of a car and a person's race are inter-related. yes, alot of asians drive hondas, and alot of asians drive sports cars, but so do alot of people of other races. if it was a white guy or something involved in the shootings and he also used a honda, i DOUBT the cops would start doing checks on white people driving hondas or sports cars.

Yea unless the gang shootings where know to be from a gang of white members.

It is asian gangs that are causing the problem. If they were white, black, indian ect. I am sure they will be looking for those races of people. These gang shootings involve asian people between the ages of 18-30 and that drives hot sports cars, then i would sure as hell hope that they pull over every one that fits the description. Although its sad that racial profiling is commonly used it is effective. You fall in these catigories then just make sure you dont break the law (which you shouldnt anyways) and there wont be a problem. Takes 10 mins to get pulled over and sent on your way. I wouldn't want my brother, mom or dad being caught by a stray bullet because the cops could have yet didn't pull pver someone that was in face going to commit a crime. Better to be safe than sorry.

PorknBeans
03-16-2005, 09:14 AM
those stupid asian gangs are runing our reputation! fist fight only, no stupid knives and shit. fight like a man. :thumbsdow

Barking_Spidre
03-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Show me proof that they're corrupt, I'll show you 2 cases of good cops.

:werd: This isn't the states. Go watch Training Day some more.

2.2vtec
03-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by cman

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: well i think we know who the idiot is just by reading that.

Poor sheltered individual.....I'm not saying all of them are corrupt but they do exist dumbass!

rmk
03-16-2005, 10:11 AM
i used to drive a silver prelude and i switched to a red/black one recently. i am concerned about driving the car in this city now. the cops don't even give me a second look, maybe every 2nd cop car will look over, and every 3rd will actually run the plates. prob. cause i'm a white male wearing glasses. LOL. i do, however get way more attention from asians. it scares the Shit out of me when i'm driving early in the morning and a car full of asians stare me down and try to intimidate me. maybe their gangbangers, maybe not but still, the scare tactics fucking freak me out. i'm a pretty big guy, 6'2 200 but thats no match for a sawed off or 9mm or whatever they might have. i do think that the police sterotype against asians now driving sportscars, but with good reason. props to the police service, who the fuck else is going to take these shitheads down?

Xtrema
03-16-2005, 10:12 AM
A reason to not drive a Honda or if you do, go for the sleeper look.

ZorroAMG
03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Stop gangbangers AND rice? Sounds like a brilliant idea to me!

To all you honda drivers without the rice, I wish you a happy ticket-less summer season.

Hollywood
03-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Just found out about this, this morning. A few days ago, a Honda with several Asian's in it was pulled over and the cops found a bunch of guns in the trunk...

:dunno:

Ben
03-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Ah, how I love driving a 4dr German sedan, no hassles.

abyss
03-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Just imagine how bad it would be if all the asian gangs started driving dynasty's and crap. That's a good way to avoid cops. :rofl: glad I drive a old person car! ;)

gorillam
03-16-2005, 03:03 PM
You know what, even if they were being a "little" racist by picking on the asians (which I dont approve %99.99999 of the time) but if they keep 3 guns off the streets I think it's worth it. As long as they dont ticket the innocent people. if they just pulled em over and searched. If they were targeting white people like me, i'd be a little annoyed they they "target" us, but in all seriousness it's 10 minutes of checking and if you're clean you're clean. 10 whooole minutes of your life.

"by keeping 3 guns off the street" I mean the gun (if it's illegal), or if it was a gun in the wrong hands. Of course.

Respect the police!

heavyD
03-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Just found out about this, this morning. A few days ago, a Honda with several Asian's in it was pulled over and the cops found a bunch of guns in the trunk...

That was yesterdays news. I don't see the big deal. The gangs haven't attacked anyone that isn't gang related so why not let them kill each other off?

But if the cops have targeted asian gangs as it seems they have, you can't fault them for doing their job. It doesn't help that Calgary is a Honda city and the place is crawling with riced out civics and such but if that is the car of choice of these gangs, what can you do?

So what if they pull you over and search your car. If you have nothing incriminating what do you have to worry about? If they give you a ticket for your exhaust, window tint, etc, pay the fine.
Don't blame the cops for doing their job, blame the gangs for ruining it for everyone else. If you are oriental and drive a sporty Honda you should have the common sense to keep a low profile, drive sensibly & sober while the cops are doing their crackdown.

I don't see you posting a thread feeling sorry for all the bullshit Arabs now have to put up with just to pass through an airport.

I am sympathetic to the innocent people that have to go through the hassle but sometimes that is the price to obtain justice.

And to the guy that said half of the cops are crooked; you are an idiot plain and simple.:thumbsdow

legendboy
03-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Damn its a good time to be WHITE ! :rofl:

I swear tho, i have never been pulled over in my loud ass Integra. Never once. I think cops look for tinted out glass, chrome wheels, stickers and neon lights. Oh and slanty eyes haha j/k

Originally posted by abyss
Just imagine how bad it would be if all the asian gangs started driving dynasty's and crap. That's a good way to avoid cops. :rofl: glad I drive a old person car! ;)

haha its true man! Many of the smarter gangster/dealers drive around ford taurus rental cars :rofl:

ninjak84
03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
The issue with oriental crime only exists because so many of them immigrate in from the West Coast. It comes with the territory, and everyone should know and accept that by now.

We don't have cops on the lookout for Brazilian tree terrorists, because there aren't any here....

Like everyone else said, if you're innocent, you've nothing to worry over.

buh_buh
03-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't really care that much if I got pulled over for no reason as long as its legitimate and not just because I'm an asian driving a Honda. If I actually matched the description of some gangster, then thats fine with me as long as they're doing their job. But if they're going to try to pull over every asian driving a Honda ages 18-30, then the cops have a lot of work to do.

heavyD
03-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

I swear tho, i have never been pulled over in my loud ass Integra. Never once. I think cops look for tinted out glass, chrome wheels, stickers and neon lights.

I have never been pulled over either and my Eclipse is loud, has tinted windows, and my hair is black. I imagine the odds are against me and I'll probably get a ticket for my windows in the spring but sure won't lose any sleep over it.

kenny
03-16-2005, 03:25 PM

It was actually a Chrysler Pacifica.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2005/03/release.20050309_141425_29698_0

legendboy
03-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
If I actually matched the description of some gangster

or if they found out you really were actually a hardcore og :guns: hah

rmk
03-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

That was yesterdays news. I don't see the big deal. The gangs haven't attacked anyone that isn't gang related so why not let them kill each other off?

dude, have you seen how bad these guys' aim is??? someone innocent will be murdered in the crossfire, it's just about time.

32V-V8
03-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Not sure if you guys remember but 2 years ago there seemed to be a big hate on by cops with Asians in honda's and Asians in sportscars, ages 16-30 roughly. This unfortunately was brought on by gang related inncodents with many honda vehicles.

Well the last 3 Asian gang shootings, just the past few months all of them involved at least 1 honda.

Now I am completely against this course of racism from Calgary cops as many of my Asian friends were targets of cheap police tactics for them to give tickets, inspect vehicles and persons in the vehicles. It got really bad. I heard sooooo many bad stories from friends and people posting on beyond, so I CALLED THE COPS, ON THE COPS! I talked to a very interested PR officer. I trust it made a difference as the senseless "inspections" and cheesy infractions were becomming not as common, but I can't say for sure.

But now with the hightened asian gang activity in the press as of late I am guessing at this point, but I bet 2 summer's ago issue will be back this year. Can I ask what you expect? Bikers get harassed equally as much on the premise that they might be a hells angel.. They are riding a motorcycle and wearing leather. The gangsters you speak of fit the demographic you described... I will forgo some of your civil liberties in order to be safe. Sorry.

heavyD
03-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by rmk
dude, have you seen how bad these guys' aim is??? someone innocent will be murdered in the crossfire, it's just about time.

What you mean that they haven't played enough GTA to get the shooting part down.;) I was refferring to the stabbings but I guess you are right that there are some shootings too.

BTW: How do you know their aim is that bad?

32V-V8
03-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by rmk

dude, have you seen how bad these guys' aim is??? someone innocent will be murdered in the crossfire, it's just about time. LOL No kidding, sorry but emptying 25 rounds into the side of a car and not even hitting anyone isnt exactly what one could call a good shot.. They cant aim, they learned on duck hunt and on Menace to Society.

spike98
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 32V-V8
LOL No kidding, sorry but emptying 25 rounds into the side of a car and not even hitting anyone isnt exactly what one could call a good shot.. They cant aim, they learned on duck hunt and on Menace to Society.

You mean to tell me they are practicing using duck hunt. DAMNIT i better not walk around in my 8 Bit duck costume or my Clay Pidgeon desguise. Ohhhhs Nooos!

Serisouly though, i am glad they are doing this and proof that what ever they are doing can take guns off the street is enough for me.

3 guns could have killed MANY inoccent people.

Hollywood
03-16-2005, 06:15 PM
On another note.

Well lets see if I can remember some of the incodences from the past few years.

Rage2 was pulled over and yelled at, ticket threats because he thought he was street racing because the officers said his clutch smelt. (pulled over for clutch smell). "Rage said my car is automatic officer."

Kenny was pulled over for his car dvd player doing a screen saver with a music cd on.

Another friend of mine (asian in an import) was pulled over for having his window partially open. Cop said he thought it was suspicious for someone to have there window open when it was raining out.

There have been many posts on beyond about similair occurances in the past, but more specifically 2 years ago.

Wildcat
03-16-2005, 07:06 PM
if racism means making our city a safer place to live, well then im all for it.

ZorroAMG
03-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah I mean sure it was an annoyance or inconvenience for Kenny Rage and the others, but if they are accomplishing goals by doing so, I'm all for it. I have to take off my belt, shoes, watch etc and let fucktards rifle through my carry-on luggage EVERYTIME I fly but I could care less. I'd rather waste 20 minutes instead of being blown up or shot.

Keep it up officers!! :thumbsup:

frozenrice
03-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Ah, how I love driving a 4dr German sedan, no hassles.

You must be a Nazi then......

buh_buh
03-16-2005, 08:16 PM
On another note.

Rage2 was pulled over and yelled at, ticket threats because he thought he was street racing because the officers said his clutch smelt. (pulled over for clutch smell). "Rage said my car is automatic officer."

Kenny was pulled over for his car dvd player doing a screen saver with a music cd on.
actually, both of those were Kenny haha.

LUDELVR
03-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

I swear tho, i have never been pulled over in my loud ass Integra. Never once. I think cops look for tinted out glass, chrome wheels, stickers and neon lights. Oh and slanty eyes haha j/k

haha its true man! Many of the smarter gangster/dealers drive around ford taurus rental cars :rofl:

On another note.

Another friend of mine (asian in an import) was pulled over for having his window partially open. Cop said he thought it was suspicious for someone to have there window open when it was raining out.

There have been many posts on beyond about similair occurances in the past, but more specifically 2 years ago.

Man, I know what you're talking about!! Remember when Corey and I got pulled over after my dyno session for no reason!! That was absolute bullshit!!!! Talk about being stereotyped!! :rofl:

JordanEG6
03-17-2005, 11:42 AM
awwwwe booo! im trying to stay low-profile here, wtf!? damn hardcore asain gangbangers ruining it for me!! i better save up this summer...

:bullshit:

max_boost
03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Looks like my gf is going to get hassled in her car while I cruise around freely in mine :D

Melinda
03-17-2005, 11:54 AM
^^ Girls don't get trouble from the cops anywhere close to as often as the boys ;) Perks of the gender I guess :)

Fuji
03-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

That is the most impudent and idiotic statement. How can racism make the city safer.

abyss
03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
^^ Girls don't get trouble from the cops anywhere close to as often as the boys ;) Perks of the gender I guess :)

Except when you get pulled over by a female cop, they're always meaner, just jealous I guess! :eek: ;)

Hollywood
03-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
actually, both of those were Kenny haha.

No it happened to Rage for sure. Looks like Kenny too then.

Wildcat
03-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

That is the most impudent and idiotic statement. How can racism make the city safer.

everyone is calling it racism, im calling it "the calgary police doing their jobs". read between the lines, i thought the sarcasm was clear enough. :rolleyes:

HondaRice
03-20-2005, 05:29 PM
this is stupid. iso your telling me its "asians+hondas" thats so dumb. what about asians + toyotas? or dodge neon? or camry? of ford mustang?

Supa Dexta
03-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Good thing I just switched from a civic to a sentra.... :D

As for let them kill each other off, that will never happen, it will only grow and theres always boat loads of people waiting to take their place... It is a little rediculous here though, I mean a shooting or stabbing back in Nova Scotia is big news, here everyday, some shot, stabbed, hit by a car, mugged...etc... And I'll admit lately, it's just "everyday news" and I don't think too much of it, not the way to look at it at all...:thumbsdow

legendboy
03-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Man, I know what you're talking about!! Remember when Corey and I got pulled over after my dyno session for no reason!! That was absolute bullshit!!!! Talk about being stereotyped!! :rofl:

oh shit i forgot about that! and the insueing court case that followed lol! :rofl:

EK 2.0
03-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

says the white guy...

Hollywood
03-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by HondaRice
this is stupid. iso your telling me its "asians+hondas" thats so dumb. what about asians + toyotas? or dodge neon? or camry? of ford mustang?

My exact quote is asians in honda's and sports cars.

Nothing dumb about it. There were many threads on beyond back then, 90% of the harrasment complaints were from asians that drove honda's. Don't hate.

tictactoe2004
03-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Any young person driving a nice car will get a double look by the cops. When I was 19 (27 now)... back in the mid-late 90's I just purchased my 87' Mustang GT... after getting tint, rims, exhaust, new engine, stereo, head light covers, I got pulled over 7 times with 0 tickets the first full summer I had all my mods done... one cop even checked my entire car, made me show him that all my lights/ break lights/signal lights worked...

Anyone thats young with a nice car will get harrased by cops.. now with all the asian gang problems/shootings it will just make it worse for them, its too bad, but its true...

but for every dick head cop out there, there are probably 5 nice ones... I've recieved a few tickets over the years in my car, but i've been let go more times that I've recieved tickets... one time a cop even told me this...

"Do you know how fast you were going"

"No, but i'm pretty sure I was'nt going over the limit" (I say this because I thought he just heard me)

"Well" the cop replies "I didnt get a chance to clock you, but if I had to estimate your speed, I would say it was somewhere around mach 3... considering when you slammed on the breaks to turn into that gas station I thought your car was going to do a front flip"

after that, he still just let me go with a warning :)

anyways, just my 2 cents....good luck to you all with the cops this summer

B17a
03-21-2005, 11:01 AM
How many cars in the last 2 weeks that have been shot at are Honda's? the guy on the weekend was in an Accord, the car by Silent Rage I think was an Accord, the car in Woodlands was a Prelude.......At least the 4 guys who jumped that kid in Signal Hill on the weekend were driving a white minivan....they were Asian! Maybe it was a Odysey!:D

lam-boy
03-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by B17a
How many cars in the last 2 weeks that have been shot at are Honda's? the guy on the weekend was in an Accord, the car by Silent Rage I think was an Accord, the car in Woodlands was a Prelude.......At least the 4 guys who jumped that kid in Signal Hill on the weekend were driving a white minivan....they were Asian! Maybe it was a Odysey!:D

that can't be, asian people don't drive older model Odysseys, it had to have been a caravan, mvp or the toyata van..:D (don't deny it, your family had one at one point or another)

B17a
03-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

that can't be, asian people don't drive older model Odysseys, it had to have been a caravan, mvp or the toyata van..:D (don't deny it, your family had one at one point or another)

:werd: We had the very first model of the Chrysler Voyager!

sexualbanana
03-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by B17a

:werd: We had the very first model of the Chrysler Voyager!

Haha. :werd:

fcuk_it
03-21-2005, 08:06 PM
on saturday my bro called me and asked where i was cuz he thought he saw my car on the news all shot up...(it was at night so he thought he saw a black accord) so i guess im gonna be harassed for the next while cuz of my car :thumbsdow

hollywood_35
03-21-2005, 08:47 PM
You think if they're gonna carry guns and shit they'd at least have a vehicle that can outrun the cops :rolleyes: