PDA

View Full Version : Turbonator

camaro
03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
This is hilarious. (http://www.turbonator.com/Feedback.html)

"I purchased two Turbonators for my Chrysler Sebring and immediately noticed the increase in power. It was more than I expected. I am already noticing the improved gas mileage. I like them so much, I am ordering two more for my brothers. Now, it feels like my car has a turbo charger."
- Dr. Brian Coyle (San Jose, CA)

"In a completely stock 99' Dodge Neon sport, I gained ten horses and went from 34-37 wheel horsepower to 44-47 wheel horsepower (using a G-Tech Pro performance meter). I have also noted (when I drive responsibly) a gain in gas mileage. I also lost a full second off my Quarter-mile times; from 16.8 to 15.8 and probably could have done better with more time with the G-Tech."
-Francis Mize (Cincinnati,OH)

Looks like that turbo kit I bought for my Camaro was a huge waste of money, I should have bought like 5 of these and stuck them into my intake pipe. :rolleyes:

Chester
03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1badPT
03-16-2005, 11:34 AM
:rofl: :rofl: that one with the Neon is end to end BS - 34-37 whp?? wtf???

lol the first one supposedly is a doctor :nut:

QuasarCav
03-16-2005, 11:41 AM
47WHP and a 15.8 qtr mile. Hook me up with a turbonator.

Barking_Spidre
03-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by camaro
This is hilarious.

Looks like that turbo kit I bought for my Camaro was a huge waste of money, I should have bought like 5 of these and stuck them into my intake pipe. :rolleyes:

Why stop at 5?! Might as well fill the whole intake pipe!

d-UNiT
03-16-2005, 01:43 PM
lol i was just about to make a thread about these.. so do they not work?.. what is it exactly anyways?

oddjob
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
lol i was just about to make a thread about these.. so do they not work?.. what is it exactly anyways?

its a stupid fan hooked to your battery :rofl:

mdeleon
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
it's not a fan, and it doesn't hook up to your battery. it's just some stupid thing you put into your intake tube that's supposed to better the way air goes through the tube, instead it just going straight through it'd supposed to twist down...or up, whichever one you wanna use, the intake tube, like a tornado or how water twirls when it's getting drained down the sink.

it seems like it should work...makes some sense...but from what i hear it's totally useless

1badPT
03-16-2005, 02:48 PM
It is totally useless - the only thing that will impact how much of the fuel will be burnt is whether the jets of the injectors are clean. If they are clean they'll spray a fine mist that will vaporize in the heat of the cylinder. Dirty jets will spray a stream of fuel and which doesn't allow as much of the fuel to vaporize - which means more fuel has to be sprayed into the cylinder.

The turbulence of the air won't play much of a role because the fuel is mixed in the cylinder, not your intake pipe. That means all that trouble you went through to make the air turbulent won't matter because the air gets pushed into the cylinder through small valves which will make the air turbulent anyways.

Basically this product is BS like most other cheap power adders.

Really the only way you can get extra power from an engine in order of expense is:

1) advanced timing (chip tunes)

2) Nitrous

3) forced induction (turbo/super charger)

bspot
03-16-2005, 03:04 PM
1) advanced timing (chip tunes)

2) Nitrous

3) forced induction (turbo/super charger) [/B]

:bullshit:

You can free up airflow, increase lubrication, induct cooler air....

QuasarCav
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by bspot

:bullshit:

You can free up airflow, increase lubrication, induct cooler air....

Compression, exhaust, higher redline, cams.

1badPT
03-16-2005, 03:14 PM
sorry i meant bolt ons :dunno:

Higher redline falls under chiptunes. I did forget cams but the rest isn't going to give you much in power gains on a N/A engine regardless of what the people who sold you the fart can/intake told you.