PDA

View Full Version : Lip Balm

Speed_69
03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
what's the best lip balm in your opinion?

QuasarCav
03-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Lip Medex, the one in the blue metal container. I've used that for a while but the regular chapstick works fine IMO.

1badPT
03-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Two cowboys out ridin' on the range. They stop at a watering hole, and one cowboy walks behind his horse, lifts its tail, and plunges a finger in the horse's ass. He pulls out his finger and smears it over his lips.

He explains to his buddy "Got chapped lips." Second cowboy asks incredulously "Does that help with chapped lips?" First one says "Nope, but it keeps me from lickin' 'em."

EK 2.0
03-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Carmex is the stuff EK endorses...lol...

but like 1BadPT mentioned...horse shit if available might be a better more natural choice...haha

abyss
03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
I use Carmex when my lips are really bad, that stuff is amazing! It's really great if you put it on before you spend all day on the mountain, protects your lips from windburn.

Melinda
03-16-2005, 12:02 PM
I put the Lip Medex stuff on my lips (the stuff in the blue tin) before bed every night and then I use a variety of other stuff during the day...vasaline actually works really well, just tastes really yucky. Lip smackers (the regular flavors, not the sparkly stuff) actually work well too and the flavors are good :)

C4S
03-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Softlips ( is it a brand ? )

The long slim one .. :thumbsup: but .. only 2g and gone fast !

sputnik
03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I swear by Labello.

Barking_Spidre
03-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Blistex Lip Medex. Got some right now, works awesome. :thumbsup:

BokCh0y
03-16-2005, 12:40 PM
carmex

3G
03-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Labello doesnt do shit IMO, i have the red one all it does is colors my lips

gggunit
03-16-2005, 12:53 PM
use the natural stuff like burts bees wax.. i find i use it much less then I used to use caramex.. or just drink more water.. it helps alot.:thumbsup:

sputnik
03-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by 3G
Labello doesnt do shit IMO, i have the red one all it does is colors my lips

I use the blue "Sport" variety with SPF 15. No smell and no colour.

Despair*
03-16-2005, 01:25 PM
I use the lip medex also, the one that comes in the blue container. It works the best IMO :thumbsup:. haven't really been able to find anything better.

Tyler883
03-16-2005, 01:28 PM
a humidifier in your bedroom will offer a subtle improvement.

It will help you out in other ways, too. I heard that it will shorten you recovery time for colds and congestion.

drink more water, maybe?

t-im
03-16-2005, 01:28 PM
I use to like..that blue pot one that is medicated..but usually i just use vaseline at night and my lips are okay.

hockeybronx
03-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I use Blistex Clear Advance, probably 3-4 times a day:dunno:

turbo'dGSR
03-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
use the natural stuff like burts bees wax.. i find i use it much less then I used to use caramex.. or just drink more water.. it helps alot.:thumbsup:

Burts Bees!:thumbsup:

lastprodigy
03-16-2005, 04:06 PM
natural ice.....every 2 mins :nut:

BlackArcher101
03-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Saliva

GQBalla
03-17-2005, 12:10 AM
blistex complete moisture!

it like goes on like water but it stays on and i think it works really good!

labello sport works amazing too

~Leah~
03-17-2005, 02:44 AM
Apparently... and this is only what I've HEARD... but Carmex is formulated to keep your lips chapping more and more the more you use it, (yes it feels great at first) so that you'll use more of their product or something. I like it... but I've heard that

WhiteNikes
03-17-2005, 03:29 AM
I got ghetto tendancies so I use Vaseline. Ain't never do me wrong yet.

spike98
03-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Burts Bees!!!! That stuff is awsome and i makes your lips numb.

On a side not if you cut off a chunk of it and put it in a pot with a bit of water and boil it then inhail the fumes it clears up your sinuses VERY well.

heavyD
03-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Lip balm is evil. Alot of people (me included) get dependant on it as your lips get used to it. I used all sorts of lip balm daily for years but went cold turkey and I never get chapped lips anymore and I haven't used a lip balm once in the last for 4 years.

abyss
03-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Apparently... and this is only what I've HEARD... but Carmex is formulated to keep your lips chapping more and more the more you use it, (yes it feels great at first) so that you'll use more of their product or something. I like it... but I've heard that

I've heard the same thing about Lip Smackers, some rumour was going around that they put little bits of fiberglass in there so it would cut your lips up more. I use carmex when my lips are really bad, from not drinking enough water, and I use it to protect my lips from windburn when I'm snowboarding. Vaseline is by far the best thing out there, but it makes your lips REALLY shiny, and it feels gross on there too.

sputnik
03-17-2005, 10:08 AM
http://www.snopes.com/business/secret/carmex.asp

1badPT
03-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

Originally posted by abyss

I've heard the same thing about Lip Smackers, some rumour was going around that they put little bits of fiberglass in there so it would cut your lips up more. I use carmex when my lips are really bad, from not drinking enough water, and I use it to protect my lips from windburn when I'm snowboarding. Vaseline is by far the best thing out there, but it makes your lips REALLY shiny, and it feels gross on there too.

Your lips chap because the skin dries out on a very flexible part of your body and when it loses it flexibility from being dry, it breaks. Not because they are getting cut. You would certainly feel it if there was something sharp in any lip balm. :dunno:

I've never been able to get into the habit of using lip balm - I find they all feel gross and greasy - besides the fact that my lips rarely get chapped anyways.

abyss
03-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

Your lips chap because the skin dries out on a very flexible part of your body and when it loses it flexibility from being dry, it breaks. Not because they are getting cut. You would certainly feel it if there was something sharp in any lip balm. :dunno:

I've never been able to get into the habit of using lip balm - I find they all feel gross and greasy - besides the fact that my lips rarely get chapped anyways.

I never believed it, but those sparkly lip balms do make my lips feel worse, cause if you keep applying it you get that crunchy sparkle buildup, yuck.

1badPT
03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
great mental image :rofl:

pucker up *CRUNCH*

Toma
03-18-2005, 11:25 AM
The BEST lip balm is NO lip balm.

If you have constantly dry lips, something is WRONG with YOU.

Number one is you are probably dehydrated.

TurboMedic
03-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Burts Bees, works great, non glossy....