PDA

View Full Version : Putting power options on a non power car

schurchill39
03-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Well if that title made any sense what i want to know is if it would be possible to take the power options off of one car (example: power windows and locks) and put them on another. What I was thinking of doing (if its possible and not too too hard) is take the power windows and locks off my moms smashed up 1996 plymouth breeze and put them on her new 2000 chrysler neon because it doesnt have power anything. They are both Dodge wehiclas so i would think they would have something in common (what i mean is that its not like putting ford parts on a honda). Is this even possible and if so how would I go about doing it. Also what about cruise control?

Just want to do something nice for her cuz she was pretty shaken up about her car.

Rockski
03-16-2005, 11:06 PM
dude, you can buy kits do to exactly what you want so id image if you have the parts it can be done, your gonna need to do some cutting though, it can be done, the question is, how big of a mess are you going to make of it

pyro
03-16-2005, 11:15 PM
ya its possible might be a little tricky since u dont exactly know what ur doing, u might end up making things worse but to do the power locks its pretty simple but as rockski suggested i would buy the kits for it cause it would make things much easier and would come with directions

schurchill39
03-16-2005, 11:19 PM
I just figure i have the parts so theres no point in buying any kits.

1badPT
03-17-2005, 12:43 AM
you have the parts but not the knowledge - thats where the kits come in. Maybe try at stratusphere:
http://www.stratusphere.net/forums/index.php?

Plus a lot of the parts used on the cloud cars were not used on the neons so I don't know how much will be interchangeable.