PDA

View Full Version : Approx. how many times a day do you wash your hands?

nismodrifter
03-17-2005, 12:54 AM
So lets hear it: Approximately how many times a day do you wash your hands???

I'm a complete freak over this and I'd say at least 10-15 times a day.

how clean are YOUR hands?

buh_buh
03-17-2005, 12:55 AM
maybe once or twice a month

1badPT
03-17-2005, 01:00 AM
i'd say 5-10 times

turbotrip
03-17-2005, 01:01 AM
5ish

theken
03-17-2005, 01:02 AM
im up at like 15-20 25 somedays

BlackArcher101
03-17-2005, 01:45 AM
They are washed only when I shower and after I eat something with my hands.

Mad$ella
03-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Like 15 - 25 at least

cman
03-17-2005, 02:27 AM
40-50, job related

abyss
03-17-2005, 09:51 AM
I'd say around 10-15, I don't work with money anymore so my hands don't feel as gross anymore. I wash them probably around 5-7 times just when I'm cooking dinner.

brandon
03-17-2005, 10:02 AM
10-15

carstar
03-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Depends what i'm doing. I wash them A LOT when i'm cooking. But if i'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, just at work or whatever, 10-15.

X_plorer
03-17-2005, 10:19 AM
I work at a bank and always wash them after counting money, it is filthy! Also everytime after using the washroom, before eating, and when I take my dog out and pick up after him. So, about 8 times a day or so? Totally cuts down on how often you get sick.

BokCh0y
03-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by cman
40-50, job related

are you a gynecologist? :D

i wash my hands 15-25 times a day.....i hate germs.

gpomp
03-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by abyss
I'd say around 10-15, I don't work with money anymore so my hands don't feel as gross anymore. I wash them probably around 5-7 times just when I'm cooking dinner.
:werd: i wash my hands a lot when im cooking

D. Dub
03-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

:D

Dave P
03-17-2005, 11:41 AM
20-25. stupid fuckin office of sick people.

I have that hand sanatizer, i go through a bottle a week almost.

max_boost
03-17-2005, 11:44 AM
40-50, job related :werd: Constantly washing them!

brandon
03-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
:werd: Constantly washing them!

that's good to know :D ;)

benyl
03-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
They are washed only when I shower and after I eat something with my hands.

Shouldn't you wash them before you eat?

10-15 times a day. My hands get so dry from it.

Altezza
03-17-2005, 12:41 PM
We can use this thread to outline all the obsessive-compulsive members here.

D. Dub
03-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
We can use this thread to outline all the obsessive-compulsive members here.

By "outline" ............

do you mean weed out, then systematically shun them and treat them as outcasts?

If so....................

then I'm in. :thumbsup:

then we can start finding all the left handed people!!!

Melinda
03-17-2005, 01:19 PM
When I go to the bathroom, cooking/eating, and before I go to bed. I'm not obsessive about it, germs don't scare me the way they seem to scare so many of you :)

Mr. Burns
03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
5-10 I suppose. It varies by day.

Singel
03-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Probly 30-40 atleast...my hands are really dry so I always want to wash them, but then they end up getting drier. It's a vicious cycle

Obscura
03-17-2005, 01:33 PM
5-10 or more depending on what I'm doing. More if I'm exploring some abandonded building.

cman
03-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

:rofl: no im not, i work with meat all day though...no not that kind of meat.:thumbsdow

Carfanman
03-17-2005, 01:50 PM
IDK, After I go to the bathroom, before I eat if I haven't washed in a while, after I eat if I ate something messy with my hands, after being out for a while, if I've done anything to get my hands particularly dirty. But I dont do all of that every day.

Originally posted by Singel
Probly 30-40 atleast...my hands are really dry so I always want to wash them, but then they end up getting drier. It's a vicious cycle

Washing your hands wont do crap! You need to buy a good lotion. (You know what I mean)

pimpstang
03-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
maybe once or twice a month

same as this guy lol nah jp like 30-40times a day lol ima clean freak

Kirbs17
03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
once a day, thats about it

TurboMedic
03-17-2005, 02:32 PM
day dependant, mostly 25+ work related, and maybe 5-10 at home.....

BokCh0y
03-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

By "outline" ............

do you mean weed out, then systematically shun them and treat them as outcasts?

If so....................

then I'm in. :thumbsup:

then we can start finding all the left handed people!!!

lol

BokCh0y
03-17-2005, 02:41 PM

:rofl: no im not, i work with meat all day though...no not that kind of meat.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lam-boy
03-17-2005, 03:31 PM
like 5-10 times a day (thats due to work) if i'm not at work its like 5 times from using the washroom or before i eat with my hands (i like to use chopsticks haha)

kiwi
03-17-2005, 03:56 PM
10-15

Originally posted by Singel

Washing your hands more would dry them up even more! Use some hand lotion after washing!

90Tegra
03-17-2005, 04:02 PM
wtf y do u guyz wash ur hands?
god gave u hands to work with not to waste water and soap on:dunno:

BlackArcher101
03-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Shouldn't you wash them [b]before you eat?

I guess I should... but I've never gotten sick from not doing so. A little wheel bearing grease and dirt with a tuna sandwhich doesn't hurt.

I'll wash them before if they are caked with filth, otherwise I don't see why I have to. :dunno:

streetarab
03-17-2005, 04:32 PM
A little wheel bearing grease and dirt with a tuna sandwhich doesn't hurt.

I'll wash them before if they are caked with filth, otherwise I don't see why I have to. :dunno:
:werd: i used to work at a gas station, you get used to the smell of gas every time you take a bite

now im a cook, so im always washin my hands, but i dont see how you can do it 30-40 times a day!? if your awake for 16 hours, thats more than twice an hour! every hour!

sputnik
03-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
When I go to the bathroom, cooking/eating, and before I go to bed. I'm not obsessive about it, germs don't scare me the way they seem to scare so many of you :)

Same here. I wash after going to the washroom, while cooking and before and after eating.

I worked at a summer camp when I was in highschool and all of the kids that got sick often and were allergic to EVERYTHING were the same kids whose mom sent them to camp with a huge bottle of antibacterial wipes, their own toilet paper and told them to wash their hands as much as possible.

I could care less about germs. I probably breathe in more germs than the ones that exist on my hands.

Carfanman
03-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I worked at a summer camp when I was in highschool and all of the kids that got sick often and were allergic to EVERYTHING were the same kids whose mom sent them to camp with a huge bottle of antibacterial wipes, their own toilet paper and told them to wash their hands as much as possible.

I've noticed that too. I guess if they were always clean then they'r immune system never got a chance to build up its defences at a young age, so every germ effects them.

hockeybronx
03-17-2005, 10:09 PM
I wash my hands probably about 10 times per day. Definetely before each time I eat so that's like 6 or 8 there, and after I go to the washroom... so maybe more like 12 times per day:nut:

badseed
03-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Here's something to think about:

When you alll wash your hands in a public washroom do you turn off the sink bare handed??? Then do you pull the tab on the paper towel dispenser bare handed???

In general there are more germs on the faucet handles then on top of a toilet lid. This is because the faucet is always moist and the ideal environment for germs and bacteria to build up and live. Since most people don't wash there hands as thoroughly as they should they just place there germs on the already built up moist germ invested handles!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it this way would you wash and dry your hands and then wipe them all over a public toilet seat???? Because you might aswell. Same goes for the handle to exit a public washroom. I will never touch the handle of a public washroom. I'm like the aviator!!!!!!

BlueGoblin
03-18-2005, 08:49 AM
20-25 most days - especially around work. Given the viral teabags I around all day, I wash my hands before going to the washroom, as well as afterwards. After all, look at all the places my hands have been, and look who's been wrapped up in nice clean cotton since the shower....

I just about bathe in isogel somedays.

OPGForce
03-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by badseed
Here's something to think about:

When you alll wash your hands in a public washroom do you turn off the sink bare handed??? Then do you pull the tab on the paper towel dispenser bare handed???

In general there are more germs on the faucet handles then on top of a toilet lid. This is because the faucet is always moist and the ideal environment for germs and bacteria to build up and live. Since most people don't wash there hands as thoroughly as they should they just place there germs on the already built up moist germ invested handles!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it this way would you wash and dry your hands and then wipe them all over a public toilet seat???? Because you might aswell. Same goes for the handle to exit a public washroom. I will never touch the handle of a public washroom. I'm like the aviator!!!!!!

ahahhahaah...this sounds like me....no point in washing your hands just to get them dirty again!

rx7girlie
03-19-2005, 05:50 PM

I guess I should... but I've never gotten sick from not doing so. A little wheel bearing grease and dirt with a tuna sandwhich doesn't hurt.

It's not necessarily about getting sick. Just imagine though... you open the door to some random place, but the person that last touched that handle went to the washroom, did not 'clean up' well and then did not wash. Their fecal matter not only ends up on public places, but ultimately ends up inside YOU. Sure you didn't get sick, but hello!

Also, there is washing your hands, then there is washing your hands PROPERLY. It's 5x vigourlsy : palm to palm, back to palm (alternate), lacing fingers, thumb, then fingertips into palms. hahah then a very very thorough rinse. Whole technique should be ~30secs otherwise all you are doing is emulsifying the bacteria to the surface of your hands if it's a quicky 5sec job, which is worse then the start.

And WRT to quote above, yes that is very true. That is why you AVOID touching sink faucet etc...door when leaving with your bare hands. Use Papertowel touch these surfaces! :D

Of course, when unable to get to a sink, I use antiseptic hand cleanser.

pixil9
03-19-2005, 06:09 PM
well i guess that would depend on if you're in public places, how many times you shit, how many chicks you fuck in the ass or finger bang or ass eat.. who the fuck knows geezus

streetarab
03-19-2005, 10:29 PM
ive been doin fine up until now, why should i be worried :dunno: