PDA

View Full Version : Now its gettin scary..2 shootings in calgary (Dec 30,2002)

MYKN
12-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Okay so there was 2 more shootings on saturday night. now this is gettin very scary.. have fun tommorrow but be safe everyone there lots going down in calgary right now...

shootings (http://www.canoe.ca/CalgaryNews/cs.cs-12-30-0008.html)

lammer
12-30-2002, 04:45 PM
:(

Dope Dealer
12-30-2002, 04:51 PM
I heard this on the radio when I was half asleep this morning and found it hard to believe. This is crazy....

B17a
12-30-2002, 04:55 PM
Tough time to be a young asian male in this city these days, three shootings (2 fatal) in a week! I want to thank all those assholes for giving us a bad name!

lammer
12-30-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by B17a
Tough time to be a young asian male in this city these days, three shootings (2 fatal) in a week! I want to thank all those assholes for giving us a bad name! :werd: i betcha all those older people are thinking "stupid asian punks" everytime they see me or any asian rolling around.

Ben
12-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Jesus, this isn't good at all.

Time to break out the nine me thinks...

rage2
12-30-2002, 05:11 PM
It's just a cycle... back then "asian violence" was so bad there was a mobile asian gang police unit parked in Chinatown 24/7. Cop cars had police (in chinese) painted on them (you still see it today on some cars). Drive by shootings here and there... then it all died down for a few years. Now there's a few shootings between a few bad apples, and the "gangland violence" is all over the news again.

Edmonton has it much worse, arms getting chopped off in the middle of West Edmonton Mall with an axe. It never seems to die down there. Crazy shit!

CRXguy
12-30-2002, 05:45 PM
^^^

Yeah, if you thought it was bad now, try looking back at Edmonton back then. Way more hardcore!

Stupid Asians. Why can't you stop staring ppl down?!:guns: :rofl:

bosa
12-30-2002, 05:47 PM
yah man,it's becoming really bad downtown.so now my parents wont let me skate down there anymore for the moment.:( but the skateboarding season is over,on with the SNOWBOARDING!

Big_Six_Boy
12-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Damn, I know that guy too! He was such a nice kid. They didn't name the person that was killed at the nightclub, so I'm not sure who that is. As for Lynju, he will be missed...
Rest in Peace!

ninjak84
12-30-2002, 06:41 PM
Big_Six_Boy: No one is going to read your posts if you keep the avatar and sig...

lammer
12-30-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
Damn, I know that guy too! He was such a nice kid. They didn't name the person that was killed at the nightclub, so I'm not sure who that is. As for Lynju, he will be missed...
Rest in Peace!

linju was a nice guy man..:( :(

Zephyr
12-30-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Big_Six_Boy: No one is going to read your posts if you keep the avatar and sig...

yea ur post is as serious as Pamela Anderson teaching sunday school (she really is, and one of the students admitted he was looking at her and no paying attention)

2.2vtec
12-30-2002, 08:41 PM
:(

SpoonEK9@STRD
12-30-2002, 08:49 PM
"We're obviously not very happy right now," said Insp. Bill Sherlock

hehe sherlock

civic_rida
12-30-2002, 09:33 PM
I wonder what this is about

finboy
12-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

:werd:

she is FIIIINE

kevie88
12-30-2002, 10:35 PM
I heard one of the DJ's on CJ92 say " as long as they're killing each other I don't care"... I think I just turned off CJ92 forever -fuck those idiots.

Take care out there everybody.

kevie88
12-30-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
I wonder what this is about

me too

van
12-30-2002, 10:43 PM
Yeah the guy was nice, I met him a couple times. Fucking shitty. People are so stupid nowadays.

RiceCake
12-30-2002, 10:50 PM
I just hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.

:( Its sad how the asian community takes a bad rap for all of socienty's problems...

bksze
12-30-2002, 11:34 PM
i'm sorry i have to post something . . . i don't like the fact that everyone sees stabbings and shootings like these as events to be publicized, most of us do read the news and do know what's goin on in the city . . . why keep it going by continually posting about it? this goes for all the recent activity that have happened . .. doesn't take a rocket genius to know that there's a war on the streets, so let's just leave it on the streets . . .

it just seems disrespectful to be talking about the victims as if they are events that have just happened in passing when these things will be affecting their families and friends for the rest of their lives . . . i'm not just talking about these guys that died . . . but even from before, all the people who got whacked (drivebys, choppings, stabbings) have had the lives of the people surrounding them altered . . . so please, a little respect and let's just let wounds heal and those that have passed rest in peace

2.2vtec
12-30-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by bksze

it just seems disrespectful to be talking about the victims as if they are events that have just happened in passing when these things will be affecting their families and friends for the rest of their lives . . . i'm not just talking about these guys that died . . . but even from before, all the people who got whacked (drivebys, choppings, stabbings) have had the lives of the people surrounding them altered . . . so please, a little respect and let's just let wounds heal and those that have passed rest in peace
Yes I agree, I just hope nobodys family is on this forum, I could imagine how they feel right now.

MYKN
12-31-2002, 12:44 AM
He was one of my good friends so I posted it. I was just giving a heads up and telling everyone to have a safe New Years. If someone posted here bashing him or created conflict then id see some problems, but thats why we have moderators.

Yellow_Fly_Red
12-31-2002, 12:59 AM
FUK.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew both of the guys that Passed away this weekend....

:( :( :( :(
Linju was a nice kid...... condolences to his family....

and NO one deserves to die....

... so sad when Asian are killings each other.....

...PEACE...

kevie88
12-31-2002, 01:13 AM
It's not disrespectful to talk about things like this, that's how people deal with problems in their lives, thru communication and reaching out for support.. we're social animals.

lammer
12-31-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Yellow_Fly_Red
FUK.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew both of the guys that Passed away this weekend....

:( :( :( :(
Linju was a nice kid...... condolences to his family....

and NO one deserves to die....

... so sad when Asian are killings each other.....

...PEACE...

who died in the club??

Dope Dealer
12-31-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by lammer

who died in the club??

The name is supposed to be released tommorow I think. They were doing an Autopsy today I thought.

Not sure why they released the name of the first guy, and not the second.

lammer
12-31-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

The name is supposed to be released tommorow I think. They were doing an Autopsy today I thought.

not too sure..
linju is a nice guy though...:( :(

Lo)2enz0
12-31-2002, 02:34 AM
I am getting sick of this. Like why would someone shoot someone in the first, its not like anything possitive will come out of it. maybe one day everyone will figure out that we don't need this and that people like to feel safe in there own city. Like hell i am sick of dumbass groups of high school assholes who are just looking for a fight. I have been chased to many times by a couple of guys when I wasn't driving when i did absolutly nother but keep my eyes open for sketchy people. I couldn't wait to got a car so I could feel safe going home in my own neighbourhood without worrying about dumb shit. just pisses me off how some people have to feel like they need to jump someone for fun.

Laurier

bksze
12-31-2002, 03:54 AM
well you guys are entitled to your own opinion and i'm entitled to mine . . . a lot of you think linju was a really nice guy and i'll admit it, he was a really nice guy . . . but you know what, he had it coming to him . . . no one ever deserves to have their lives taken but it was inevitable for something bad to happen to him after everything he did, you guys have to forget, both these guys aren't the innocent victims .. . the true victims are their families . .. my condolences to his family, let's just hope people will learn from this . . .

lammer
12-31-2002, 03:56 AM
well you guys are entitled to your own opinion and i'm entitled to mine . . . a lot of you think linju was a really nice guy and i'll admit it, he was a really nice guy . . . but you know what, he had it coming to him . . . no one ever deserves to have their lives taken but it was inevitable for something bad to happen to him after everything he did, you guys have to forget, both these guys aren't the innocent victims .. . the true victims are their families . .. my condolences to his family, let's just hope people will learn from this . . .

very true. familes are the victims..:(

bksze
12-31-2002, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

they didn't release the name of the first guy or the second guy, word of mouth spread the name of the second guy as he was younger and kids like to talk . . . if you knew them, you would know who it was by now . . . if you don't, names don't mean anything . . .

lammer
12-31-2002, 04:00 AM

they didn't release the name of the first guy or the second guy, word of mouth spread the name of the second guy as he was younger and kids like to talk . . . if you knew them, you would know who it was by now . . . if you don't, names don't mean anything . . .

they released linjus name in the news.

max_boost
12-31-2002, 04:25 AM
It is sad to hear about these two killings.....that is 4 shootings of asian males in the past couple months......

Anyway......I am a firm believer of, if you stay away from trouble, trouble will stay away from you......

kenny
12-31-2002, 05:10 AM

they released linjus name in the news.

The reporters didn't get the name from police, they interviewed some neighbors and got the name and released it. Neither victim's names have officially been released.

Lots of tragic events in the last little while, so close to New Years, condolences to their families... :(

MYKN
12-31-2002, 05:14 AM

it just seems disrespectful to be talking about the victims as if they are events that have just happened in passing when these things will be affecting their families and friends for the rest of their lives . . . so please, a little respect and let's just let wounds heal and those that have passed rest in peace

he was a really nice guy . . . but you know what, he had it coming to him . . . no one ever deserves to have their lives taken but it was inevitable for something bad to happen to him after everything he did...

Umm you kinda contradicted youself there, first by saying lets give a little respect, and then going on to say that he had it coming to him...

In my opinion your second statment was disrespectful, but thats only my opinion.

Yellow_Fly_Red
12-31-2002, 10:53 AM

who died in the club??

Fay Wing.....

That's what I know him by....
I don't know his English name though...

B17a
12-31-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Yellow_Fly_Red

Fay Wing.....

That's what I know him by....
I don't know his English name though...

Is he a badass? Although I don't know any of these two victims, I have a difficult time believing they are innocent choir boys, but at the same time no issue should ever have to end in gunfire.:thumbsdow

bksze
12-31-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by MYKN

Umm you kinda contradicted youself there, first by saying lets give a little respect, and then going on to say that he had it coming to him...

In my opinion your second statment was disrespectful, but thats only my opinion.

well it wasn't meant to be disrespectful . . . but take it how you want . . .

Hipermax_d
12-31-2002, 12:54 PM
no wheres safe anymore

Big_Six_Boy
12-31-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
I heard one of the DJ's on CJ92 say " as long as they're killing each other I don't care"... I think I just turned off CJ92 forever -fuck those idiots.
Take care out there everybody.

Who was it that said that on CJ?? Was it Forbes? I swear that guy is racist against Orientals, man... Fucking retard! :guns: