PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere to get a nice workout routine

colinderksen
03-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Where can I find a good all around workout routine? I want to start hittin it hard but am needing a little help. Exercises and areas they work, on a daily schedule? Or would someone like to help me out. Im not too versed in the different workouts and muscles they work.
Thanks

buh_buh
03-17-2005, 02:02 AM
try www.bodybuilding.com and www.wannabebig.com

that should steer you in the right direction :thumbsup:

~Leah~
03-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Or me! I do online training... but I don't like to deal much with beginners... however I do give out very detailed routines and specialize in sport specific training... drop me a PM if you wanna know more.

1badPT
03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Online only? or will you come down to the gym and kick my ass to do that extra rep? :tongue:

heavyD
03-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Online training?

colinderksen
03-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys

Wildcat
03-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Or me! I do online training... but I don't like to deal much with beginners... however I do give out very detailed routines and specialize in sport specific training... drop me a PM if you wanna know more.

i thought you worked at a gym too?

~Leah~
03-17-2005, 08:41 PM
I do work at Gold's Gym as a personal trainer... but outside of that, I offer online training to people that aren't in Calgary... and unfortunately I can't train people in other gyms I'm not employed at :( But I'll do as much as I can to kick your ass into shape haha

Wildcat
03-17-2005, 09:30 PM
I do work at Gold's Gym as a personal trainer... but outside of that, I offer online training to people that aren't in Calgary... and unfortunately I can't train people in other gyms I'm not employed at :( But I'll do as much as I can to kick your ass into shape haha

golds is a little far from lethbridge but if you think your up for kicking my ass on the weekends, please do ;)

~Leah~
03-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Haha I'll see what I can do :P

Wildcat
03-18-2005, 12:07 PM
what golds location are you at? arent they slowly getting bought out? the one in canyon meadows has been goodlife fitness for sometime now, i wonder if the rest will turn over soon. :dunno:

heavyD
03-18-2005, 12:45 PM

Can you even get an old timer like me in shape? Without kicking me?

Toma
03-18-2005, 03:36 PM
You want a killer workout? And why most guys make very little progress after working out for ever??

Check out
"Intensity" by elington Darden (I got it from the library)

It will KILL you, but is short, only once or twice a week.

If you can hack it, you wont believe the results. Absolutely amazing..... my incline went from 2 sets of 12 at 185 to 2 sets of 12 at 265 in 4 weeks, and my squats went from 185x20 to 275x20 in the same time...

well before I overtrained(which he warns about) and I hurt my back....

~Leah~
03-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Can you even get an old timer like me in shape? Without kicking me?

I'm at Northland Gold's... they're the only ones that didn't get bought out. And yes, I can get an old timer like you in shape without kicking!

colinderksen
03-20-2005, 11:12 PM
How important is it to control your diet. Im not into counting 200 of protein a day and so on. As long as I eat healthy should I be ok?

Blacura
03-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by colinderksen
How important is it to control your diet. Im not into counting 200 of protein a day and so on. As long as I eat healthy should I be ok?
Define "Ok".

You need lots of calories and protein to grow. How much "lots" is takes some time to figure out but as you probably know at least 1gram, prefably 1.5-2grams/ lb. And calories depends on figureing out what your maintance is then going from there. But seriously your diet is very important, especially if you are not genitically gifted.

It's not hard to count your nutrients either. Try www.fitday.com

For a routine try this.

Monday
Squats-5x5(Do four progressively heavier sets of 5 with the 5th set being your 5RM.)
Deadlifts-5x5(Do the same)
Bench Press-5x5(Do the same)
Incline DB Press-2x12-20

Wednesday
Light Squats or Lunges-4x8 each leg
Good Mornings-3x8-12
Shoulder Press-5x5 or Dips-4xmax until you get 12 each time. then add weight.
Pullups-4xmax

Friday
Squats-warmup to a 3 reps with 5 more lbs than you used on Monday. On the following monday use this weight for your 5th set.
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12-20

Squat lots, they are good shit.
This routine is for newer lifters like myself and I am assuming you are? If you are doing lots of weight this rountine is a bit much.
Dont mess around with crazy routines and lifts and machines.

Right now I am doing a slightly modfied one from www.wannabebig.com which someone posted earlier.

heavyD
03-22-2005, 07:47 PM
And yes, I can get an old timer like you in shape without kicking!

How old does a guy have to be to be considerred and old timer?:dunno: I assume that most people on this site are between 17 - 25. So I am older than that.

~Leah~
03-23-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm training a 37 year old woman and a 61 year old man right now....

JAYMEZ
03-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Anyone have any good diet plans? But really strict ones.. I am cutting very succesfully right now , but I defiantly need to have a better diet.

canuckmuscle
04-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by colinderksen

200g of protein? How much do you weigh, and how much of that is fat.... you might be trying to kill yopurself getting that m,uch protein for nothing.

codo
04-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Toma
You want a killer workout? And why most guys make very little progress after working out for ever??

Check out
"Intensity" by elington Darden (I got it from the library)

It will KILL you, but is short, only once or twice a week.

If you can hack it, you wont believe the results. Absolutely amazing..... my incline went from 2 sets of 12 at 185 to 2 sets of 12 at 265 in 4 weeks, and my squats went from 185x20 to 275x20 in the same time...

well before I overtrained(which he warns about) and I hurt my back....

okay sorry to look like a complete dumbass but i hear people talking about SQUATS which i know is a leg excercise and i probably wouldnt mind trying it but yeah when you say squats are you just talking about holding a weight or something then like squatting with it or what?

Blacura
04-11-2005, 09:40 PM
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBSquat.html

codo
04-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Blacura
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBSquat.html

thanks

~Leah~
04-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Hey Matt!!! Good to see you here

Codo.... make sure when you are doing squats, you really focus on sticking that bum out, because you don't want your knees going past your toes. That puts you at a MAJOR risk for knee injury. NOT GOOD!

canuckmuscle
04-12-2005, 12:54 AM

really focus on sticking that bum out

you just love seeing man ass :P

codo
04-12-2005, 09:24 PM

Codo.... make sure when you are doing squats, you really focus on sticking that bum out, because you don't want your knees going past your toes. That puts you at a MAJOR risk for knee injury. NOT GOOD!

yeah ill also make sure to put on some anal lube before i do this as well:confused:

~Leah~
04-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by codo

yeah ill also make sure to put on some anal lube before i do this as well:confused:

Guy, I wasn't joking. But whatever, do what you want, it's not my body you're screwing up.

codo
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM

Guy, I wasn't joking. But whatever, do what you want, it's not my body you're screwing up.

yeah and i was joking i knew you were serious

canuckmuscle
04-13-2005, 07:00 PM

Hey, just having some fun. But its is actually very importnat to make sure you keep your ass back, screwed up knees are more than a training setback, it affects your day to day life. so train smart

Blacura
04-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by canuckmuscle

Hey, just having some fun. But its is actually very importnat to make sure you keep your ass back, screwed up knees are more than a training setback, it affects your day to day life. so train smart

A good thing to remember is to be flat on your feet. Lots of first timers end up on their toes, I did, because it's the way most of us bend down. Try and focus on driving your heels down.