PDA

View Full Version : Wiring an amp

ramminghard
12-30-2002, 08:05 PM
i have a friend that wants me to install a sub and amp for him. He has the wiring lit and everything. He is running the stock deck though. This means that instead of using rca's i run speaker wire from both of the rear speakers to the amp right. There is also a kenwood cd changer inthe back, should i run the remote wire to that or the back of the factory unit.(wire colours would be great). And finally is there allready a hole that the power wire can run through or do i have to drill one? where is the best spot. only 8ga wire. It is going in a 98 gmc jimmy. any help would be great.

thanks
matt

Ben
12-30-2002, 08:23 PM
You can use the premade holes in the firewall, if the wire will fit through the prefasioned gromet.

I'm not so sure on the deck its self...remote wires are generally blue. If the stock deck would have one though, I'm not sure.

redline_13000
12-30-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
i have a friend that wants me to install a sub and amp for him. He has the wiring lit and everything. He is running the stock deck though. This means that instead of using rca's i run speaker wire from both of the rear speakers to the amp right. There is also a kenwood cd changer inthe back, should i run the remote wire to that or the back of the factory unit.(wire colours would be great). And finally is there allready a hole that the power wire can run through or do i have to drill one? where is the best spot. only 8ga wire. It is going in a 98 gmc jimmy. any help would be great.

thanks
matt

hey man, my amp is wired through my front door speakers, for the ground, fold over one of the back seats, lift up that panel, and put the ground onto a piece of metal under there, the remote wire could be found on the back of the deck, its just a blue one, u will find a hole for the power wire if u pull back the floor mat on the passenger side.