PDA

View Full Version : Telephone/long distance carrier help, please!

ZorroAMG
03-17-2005, 08:49 PM
A friend in the states is setting up some businesses in BC, AB and possibly the rest of Canada and was wondering if I could help him compile a list of companies. He wants to contact them and figure out the best ones to go with.

There is obviously Telus, but what about BC local and other companies in canada, I am in need of a list, no crazy work required from ya'll, just what you've got off the top of your head.

Thanks in advance

nismodrifter
03-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Sasktel - is the saskcrapewan phone company
Bell - Ontario

ZorroAMG
03-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks man, what about other private companies? Anyone?

benyl
03-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Bell is not Ontario, there is also Bell West, although they don't do very well.
TELUS is Alberta and BC mainly with mobility across the country.
SaskTel as mentioned.
AllStream is another Telco.
ManitobaTel (may be the same as Allstream or at least partnered with it).

Primus, Sprint and now Shaw offer local phone service in select areas.

Godfuader
03-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
A friend in the states is setting up some businesses in BC, AB and possibly the rest of Canada and was wondering if I could help him compile a list of companies. He wants to contact them and figure out the best ones to go with.

I switched over from Telus to Sprint. Difference was that Sprint was cheaper by $1.31 a month but minus the hour long wait to talk to telus reps. Plus if your buddy is gonna have a nation wide business, sprint has unlimited North America for $19.99/mth. Unlimited phone calls and faxes across North America for $20 is def. the best deal. (the $20 may only be for residential and home-based business')

ZorroAMG
03-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Awesome, thanks guys!!