PDA

View Full Version : Questions...

recon
03-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Ok, first of all Im not big into car audio, I just want(have) something that sounds decent. I am running a JVC deck 200Wx4. Im not going to waste money on a sub or anything. I replaced the rear factory 6x9's with JVC 6x9's. I put them in the same spot but they are not in a box or anything, just dangling into the trunk. Would re-working the back to get them in a box make them sound better? They sound alright right now, for a 87' Pontiac 6000 anyway.

asp integra
03-18-2005, 08:58 PM
if the sound is shooting into the passenger area instead of the trunk (which it sounds to me is whats not happeneing) then it would make sense that it would sound better if the speakers were putting sounds into the passenger area, also use dynamat, i noticed a differnece

fresh
03-18-2005, 10:20 PM
all the box will do is add more bass.

streetarab
03-19-2005, 09:49 AM
i think i know what hes sayin, my 6X9's are also in the rear deck and i have been wonderin if the box would make them sound any better, the speaker still does 'point' into the passenger area, but would the box make that much of a difference? i dont want to waste the money, ive got some 4 way phoenix digitil or somethin like that

sorry for the thread hijack, rather than make a new one its basically the same problem:D