PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of F&F?

bosa
12-30-2002, 11:23 PM
Wondering what you think..i would pick either 5,6,or 7,still trying to decide.

Melinda
12-30-2002, 11:35 PM
I went on first impression, which I thought was pretty darn good

We've since picked out all the little inconsistant shit and yeah, rice, but to a lot of people, those are nice cars...its all opinion I suppose..

Mel

surferbaby13
12-30-2002, 11:36 PM
Blue Crush was the best movie.......

Stratus_Power
12-30-2002, 11:37 PM
i liked it.. suree it was full of rice.. but wats fun watching a movie w/ stock eclipse vs stock supra

bosa
12-30-2002, 11:38 PM
I'm going to say...it was the best car movie i have ever seen from the first time i saw it,but some cars in there are N-I-C-E! and some are rice. so i'm agreeing with melinda # 1. but now when i look back,not the best car movie.

Melinda
12-30-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by surferbaby13
Blue Crush was the best movie....... Blue crush was an AWESOME movie! I think it's out on DVD on the like 19th or something...lookin forward to it! :thumbsup:

Melinda

surferbaby13
12-30-2002, 11:43 PM
i will be the first one to buy it I have seen that movie 5 times in the theater.....I even took friday off so I could see it opening nite....and after I came out I was like Damn I wish I was out on my surfboard ripping it up on the waves and riding through the barrels.....ahhhhh damn.......

Blue Devil 2
Everyone hate's on this movie, but I don't care...I like it!!!

surferbaby13
i will be one of those star war nerds who camped out to get the tickets...I'll be getting my surf movie....but not really cause that was really lame

davidI
12-30-2002, 11:56 PM
honestly, even though it spurred a lot of rice I liked the movie.

I liked the fact that I had already been into imports for a few years so everyone came to me when they wanted to know stuff.

NAWS :rofl:

lammer
12-31-2002, 12:09 AM
civiclvr, you never make up your mind do you?
you jump ships so easily.

bosa
12-31-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by lammer
civiclvr, you never make up your mind do you?
you jump ships so easily.

first time i saw the movie,loved it
after watching it couple dozen times, some cars very ricey, some so nice.i went on first impressions.

ninjak84
12-31-2002, 12:32 AM
F&F was awesome, and I can't wait for the next one to come out.
The entertainment value was great, seeing all those cars zooming under trucks and drifting through streets to get away from cops was just the best thing ever!

It's too bad everyone started acting "too cool" for the movie.

Lo)2enz0
12-31-2002, 02:27 AM
I accually like watching it. It has a bad plot but your mainly seeing the movie for the cars. You have to know your going to a movie for the entertainment not to judge it on how real it is. Its like kung pow in a way, you have to know your seeing a totally retarded movie to see it as an entertaining, but with the F&f it was more of a veiw on the hobby. This movie basically brought out the hobby and before it came out Everone i talked to was laughting at me because they thought it was funny that I prefered a civic over a mustang 5.0 and than after the movie was released lots of interest came. but in the past year and a half most of the interest has died and only the true enthosiest have kept with the hobby. I would like to see f&f 2 and am looking forward to it because I like to see enterainment that has to do with the hobby I love.

Laurier

Dope Dealer
12-31-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by surferbaby13
i will be one of those star war nerds who camped out to get the tickets...I'll be getting my surf movie....but not really cause that was really lame

When I went to go see Lord of The Rings 2, there were the biggest nerds in line. It was hard to contain myself. I was just feeling embarrassed for them half the time because they were fewls.

Weapon_R
12-31-2002, 02:46 AM
Weak acting, weak plot but it was cool to see the impact that the import scene has had so far.

SilverRex
12-31-2002, 02:47 AM
welp thumbs up for making a street car racing movie.. ever.. thumbs down.. there could of been so much more but its sorta boring.. lets throw some initial D in there ^^

Lo)2enz0
12-31-2002, 02:48 AM
at lord of the rings (fellowship of the rings ) when i went a year ago 2 nerds rolled dice to decide on what drinks they wanted. got to love dungens and dragons

Fluidic
12-31-2002, 03:14 AM
I honestly don't care what people think about me after typing this, but seriously, I really liked the movie, and I will be the first one in line when the second "Fast and the Furious" comes to the big screen.

Peter

GTS Jeff
12-31-2002, 05:11 AM
argh.

kenny
12-31-2002, 05:14 AM
As much as everyone likes to bash TFATF, if they made the movie any differently, it would be even more stupid and boring. If they took out alot of the "bogus" shit, it would be really boring and would not appeal to enough people to make enough money in the theatres.

I would probably go see the sequel in the theatres, because as dumb as the first one was, it was still somewhat entertaining!

three.eighteen.
12-31-2002, 05:17 AM
heh i voted for the best movie ever...cus no other movie is talked about nearly as much on car forums!! the movie has caused people to notice the import racing scene both positively and negatively (probably the latter a bit more)...but i'll still watch it, if not just to see it, to be able to keep up with everyone else on the forums talking about it lol

mwmhong
12-31-2002, 09:47 AM
Despite the fact that I don't like rice, I found the movie VERY EXCITING. The cars were cool-looking too.

Yes, there were flaws/errors that should have been ironed out, but it gives you something to laugh at when you see it the 20th time.

F&F is one of my top 10 movies of all time.

"It's GO TIME" :burnout:

ninspeed
12-31-2002, 06:28 PM
Iliked the movie.. its just the people who started to belive in the movie too much, and the media that made it in to a "bad influence" movie that pisses me off.. and it really made black lights and underglow too popular..