PDA

View Full Version : Dad buys 17year son a Viper.....drives it into pole

Akagi Redsuns
03-18-2005, 04:34 PM
http://www.theiowachannel.com/news/4280351/detail.html

EDIT: Ok, the dad bought the Viper in general, and might not be just for the son. Oops. Bad assumption on my part on the title of the thread.

heavyearly87t
03-18-2005, 04:40 PM
It dosen't even say that he was speeding. For all we know the fact he was driving a Viper was not related to the crash at all. He could have been doing the speed limit & swerved to avoid an animal, hitting the pole.... He could have done this in a beater.

Yeah, who am I kidding...he was :burnout:

Z_Fan
03-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Assuming he was speeding, which isn't indicated in the article...

The only problem is the wrong kid died...

Life is so unfair.

rmk
03-18-2005, 04:43 PM
buying your 17 yr old a freaking viper is basically a death sentance for him. throw him in jail.

Kamen
03-18-2005, 04:51 PM
This article doesn't say much really, but him being 17 in a poerful car I have to assume speed was a factor plus inexperience.
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say shit like he deserves to die and how stupid his parents or whatever are to let their son drive a powerful car; that's just weak :thumbsdow

rmk
03-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
This article doesn't say much really, but him being 17 in a poerful car I have to assume speed was a factor plus inexperience.
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say shit like he deserves to die and how stupid his parents or whatever are to let their son drive a powerful car; that's just weak :thumbsdow

dodge viper with a 17yr old driver, yeah real responsible. buy your kid a fcckin stock honda.

Akagi Redsuns
03-18-2005, 05:06 PM
If anything it would harder to lose control in a Viper if going the speed limit and driving responsible. It has so much grip and stablity. You only get into real trouble when the speeds start climbing or abrupt use of the gas pedal.

djayz
03-18-2005, 05:07 PM
all i have to say is idiots

Ashkente
03-18-2005, 05:12 PM
No seatbelt? :rolleyes: THAT is the retarded part..

Kobe
03-18-2005, 05:13 PM
They also said the driver was wearing a seatbelt, he is alive, the other guy wasn't... If speed was not a factor, then its the other guys fault for not wearing a seatbell i would think..

BerserkerCatSplat
03-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Y'know, I'd much rather be saying he was stupid for crashing a Viper than saying he was stupid for not wearing a seatbelt. Cars have seatbelts for a reason, they're not there to look pretty. Some people just don't get it. :banghead:

BumpinTalon
03-18-2005, 06:07 PM
if the police are charging the driver, then speed damn well was a factor. plus, look at the car.

Xtrema
03-18-2005, 09:44 PM
RWD + 500HP + almost no experience = death sentence.

Too bad darwin missed. Both the son and the dad should've died.

Z_Fan
03-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
RWD + 500HP + almost no experience = death sentence.

Too bad darwin missed. Both the son and the dad should've died.

:werd:

Redlyne_mr2
03-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Its funny when i was 17 I argued with my parents to buy me a fast car. My dad obviously refused and I got so mad. Looking back Im so glad he never bought me something with power, who knows what might of happened.

finboy
03-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Its funny when i was 17 I argued with my parents to buy me a fast car. My dad obviously refused and I got so mad. Looking back Im so glad he never bought me something with power, who knows what might of happened.

same here

BokCh0y
03-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by djayz
all i have to say is idiots :werd:

ryder_23
03-19-2005, 01:56 AM

:werd:

i was glad in highschool i never had anything with power or anything of the sort. I still dont have the fastest car, but atleast now I have experience, and i'm responsible about driving, unlike back in the day.

schurchill39
03-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Both the dad and the son should of died

How weak is that. Just because the father is obviously wealthy and made a mistake of letting his inexperienced son drive the viper does not mean any one should have died. The passenger should of been wearing his seatbelt thats the end of the story. Its very unfortunate that this happend but its not like the driver or the dad purposefully set out to kill the other kid. That was a very weak and cowardly remark

Supa Dexta
03-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Doctors son back in Nova Scotia, wrapped his dads porsche around something, either a tree or pole last year. I can't remember, but cops figured he was doing 150-160 at the time, there was some pretty long skid marks on the highway... I dunno about you guys, but I'll admit when I was young that I would give er' hell in my parents cars... But they were always family sedans, not high performance machines.. . Either way your still manning a 3000lb missle..

:thumbsdow

jdmakkord
03-20-2005, 10:31 PM

Haha I had a mk3 supra turbo.....drove for 3 months before crashing into a lamp post. Now I'm 26 and drive a honduh.

TwinTurbo3000
03-20-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm 17 and in high school. Its the fucken rich kids that fuck up thir cars. First off, none of them have to go out and get a fucking job, so they don't know what the value of a car is. The ones who do get cars from their parents bag the shit out of them, do no maintence because they don't even know how to put air in there fucking tires. Every person i know whos had a car given to them has bagged the shit out of it, and some of them have wrote them off. Make the kid get a job so he knows what it takes to buy a 10 thousand dollar car let alone a 100, 000 dollar car.

Supa Dexta
03-21-2005, 10:41 PM
A 1000 dollar car with insurance, is hard enough to get for some... Hell I hitch hiked to college near every day for a year, back in nova scotia, at around 30k each way... All while working on my parents farm, to help, not to get paid.. I'm not complaining, hell I was really glad to get my 1000 dollar civic, all legal.. thats the difference... Now that I've bought a newer nissan, I'm ever happier to have what I do, and to have earned it..

:)

rmk
03-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
A 1000 dollar car with insurance, is hard enough to get for some... Hell I hitch hiked to college near every day for a year, back in nova scotia, at around 30k each way... All while working on my parents farm, to help, not to get paid.. I'm not complaining, hell I was really glad to get my 1000 dollar civic, all legal.. thats the difference... Now that I've bought a newer nissan, I'm ever happier to have what I do, and to have earned it..

:)

why back in my day candy only cost a nickle and for a whole 25cents i could see a movie j/k