PDA

View Full Version : trade in your fido for telus/bell ect...?

LittleAngel
03-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know if any of the other cell phone providors are still doing the trade in your fido for whatever their deals are, so they can get you on there service?

eblend
03-19-2005, 02:03 PM
i don't know if telus is still running that promo or not, but i bet you could get an equally good deal from rogers if u told em u were gonna switch, they will give you a new phone and all that too.

i was gonna switch but told em about it and they hooked me up with 2 new phones (i had a family plan) and one free year of service and all that so yah, talk to them first

LittleAngel
03-19-2005, 02:29 PM
so say i was to switch to a different providor, i have to pay my cancel fee with fido tho right?

Weapon_R
03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
If fido is anything like Rogers and Telus, you have to pay $200 to cancel your fee. I think with Telus, you have to pay $200 or $20/month for the remainder of your contract, whichever is more.

t-im
03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes.

If you switch to Telus or Rogers, and you still have...x amount of months on your fido contract, you'd have to pay something like $20.00 per month to a maximum of $200.00 (thats how Rogers charges)

d-UNiT
03-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by eblend
i don't know if telus is still running that promo or not, but i bet you could get an equally good deal from rogers if u told em u were gonna switch, they will give you a new phone and all that too.

i was gonna switch but told em about it and they hooked me up with 2 new phones (i had a family plan) and one free year of service and all that so yah, talk to them first

rogers gave you two new phones and one free year of service..

HAHA.. man i find that terribly difficult to believe!.. who did you deal with?

Nissanaddict
03-20-2005, 03:49 PM
we do know that Rogers = Fido now right? So if you're on Fido, switching to Rogers would make very little sense. I went from Fido to Telus, and am getting a kick ass deal (I didn't do the trade in promo thingy either)

eblend
03-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT

rogers gave you two new phones and one free year of service..

HAHA.. man i find that terribly difficult to believe!.. who did you deal with?

i just called rogers directly, told em i am switching, said i got a good deal from telus what can you offer me, they matched the deal telus was giving me, i had a choise of 2 phones to choose from a Nokie 3220 (uglee as hell, no thank you) and a motorola v220 (its had a small color screen and its a motorola, no thank you) so for the price i would have paid to cancel 2 of my contracts (would have been 200 bucks /phone) i just upgraded to 2 e316 phones (which are better then what telus was offering) and still got the year free, only have to pay for features like caller id and well the stupid service fee.

take a look at my bill :)

http://www3.telus.net/eblend/subsale/rogers.JPG

t-im
03-20-2005, 05:20 PM

i just called rogers directly, told em i am switching, said i got a good deal from telus what can you offer me, they matched the deal telus was giving me, i had a choise of 2 phones to choose from a Nokie 3220 (uglee as hell, no thank you) and a motorola v220 (its had a small color screen and its a motorola, no thank you) so for the price i would have paid to cancel 2 of my contracts (would have been 200 bucks /phone) i just upgraded to 2 e316 phones (which are better then what telus was offering) and still got the year free, only have to pay for features like caller id and well the stupid service fee.

take a look at my bill :)

http://www3.telus.net/eblend/subsale/rogers.JPG

I have that..except i get 750 minutes (i get a bonus of 50 mins..no clue why)..free for yr...haha

djayz
03-20-2005, 05:24 PM
stupid lady at rogers told me theres absolutely nothing they can do

gonna have to try again

d-UNiT
03-20-2005, 09:24 PM
thats cool.. sorry for doubting... and thanks for not being an ass about proving me wrong... 700 weekday minutes is a lot lol... man my rogers bill is gay i pay 35 a month without service charges.. and get 100 weekday and 1000 evening and weekends starting at 9pm.. i hate rogers

Zero102
03-20-2005, 10:09 PM
That's a smoking deal.
I'm trying to get out of a Bell contract right now, they're a bunch of thieves.
Do you guys know any way to break the contract with them without penalty?....
I'm trying to find any way out of this I can.

eblend
03-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
That's a smoking deal.

why don't u tell em that rogers can offer you a great deal and see maybe bell can do something for you

djayz
03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
yah with every phone company its all about competition they dont want to loose customers so just threaten to switch over to another company and they will be on their knees asking you what you want.

charizard
03-20-2005, 10:26 PM
[B]
i just upgraded to 2 e316 phones (which are better then what telus was offering) and still got the year free

how much did u pay for the E316s?

and i dont think rogers is giving that 1 year free anymore so whoever got it like a month ago got that great deal, now i believe they only give 6 months free

sabad66
03-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah that deal is done. I got it just before it ended. I got a free E316 Samsung and 45 dollar credit to my bill for a full year because i threatened to switch to telus.

eblend
03-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
Yeah that deal is done. I got it just before it ended. I got a free E316 Samsung and 45 dollar credit to my bill for a full year because i threatened to switch to telus.

you got a fucking freee one! damn that sucks, i payed 159 bucks for each of mine

ohh well still get a free year which will cover the cost of the phone in no time

t-im
03-20-2005, 10:58 PM
I got the free year thing and a free t637..only kicker is I had to sign a 3 year contract..which is okay seeing how I get new phones yearly regardless

but for one free yr w/750 mins p. month and a decent free phone it's worth it

BebeAphrodite
03-20-2005, 11:27 PM
To answer the original question: no the promo is over with Telus.

Hmm.. just as a side note, Telus is minimum of $100 with no maximum so if you only did 2 months of a 3 year contract then you have 34 months left = 680 to cancel.

Originally posted by djayz
stupid lady at rogers told me theres absolutely nothing they can do

gonna have to try again

Yep, that's the key, it all depends on who you get. Even the dealer reps on the dealer side don't always know what they are talking about. Just keep calling until you get someone who will do what you want. And also, yelling or getting frustrated at people doesn't get you what you want --> probably will just result in notes on your account of your attitude.

Originally posted by Zero102
That's a smoking deal.
I doubt it.

djayz
03-20-2005, 11:43 PM
^^
yah i know getting mad or swearing or anything of that sort gets your no where... Being polite works the best hasnt failed me once...except this time i guess but thats the ladies fault hah

Zero102
03-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I have threatened to switch providers in the past, when they kept messing up my bills, and instead they said 'fine, I'll cancel it right now, you now owe us the cancellation fee'.
What a bunch of assholes.

d-UNiT
03-21-2005, 03:25 PM
haha PWNED!