PDA

View Full Version : Lost my car keys

DJ Lazy
03-18-2005, 07:32 PM
OK, well lastnight, I lost my car keys which have my remote for alarm/keyless entry.
I have my spare key, but the alarm will still go off... how do I get in and get the alarm off?

Any ideas? Its a factory alarm, so I don't think I can disconnect anything from the battery.

TIA

EDIT: Keys have been found!!

Moe Man
03-18-2005, 07:40 PM
i one of us knew how to get in, then it wouldnt be a very good alarm system now is it, and the ppl at honda wouldnt have a job there anymore :thumbsup:

finboy
03-18-2005, 07:41 PM
open the door, pop the hood, unhook the siren :dunno:

JordanEG6
03-18-2005, 07:42 PM
if its a new car, usually factory alarms go hand in hand with the keys. so if you use a spare key, it will usually disarm the alarm because using a factory key will tell the system to assume that the owner is opening the door using that key. dont take my word for it though. i can use a key for my parents car without the keyless entry

DJ Lazy
03-18-2005, 07:46 PM
^^^ its a 92, and I know that doesn't work, as I have tried that before (by mistake) and it still goes off...

Adam, If I can find the siren I will try that...

finboy
03-18-2005, 07:49 PM
should be bolted to the strut tower, if its hooked up to your horns, its a bit more complicated as you will have to track down your horns and unplug them too, lol