PDA

View Full Version : cd skiping but not

asp integra
03-18-2005, 09:19 PM
i ahve this wierd thing with my alpine 6 cd changer, in the higher cd track numbers( song 20 ish) there is a skiping pop type noise, sounds like the cd is skiping but its actuallu not, just wondering f anyone else has this problem, and the speakers are wired fine so its not the speakers, i am just wondering it the cd player is too old and not playiing as well as it used to

fresh
03-18-2005, 10:18 PM
could be blown speakers
but sounds more like you need a new cd player

brandon
03-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by fresh
could be blown speakers
but sounds more like you need a new cd player

I didn't know blown speakers only affected songs from 15-20

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

try putting a cleaning cd in there and see what it does

BokCh0y
03-18-2005, 10:50 PM
my cd changer does the same thing but only with burnt CD's. when I put regular cd's in there everything plays fine.......are you playing burnt cd's? i can't understand though why it would do that only in the higher tracks.

fresh
03-19-2005, 01:14 AM
how old is the cd player it could be the position of the lense, on songs 15 -20 the lense has moved quite a distance from where it starts, maby when it moves out that far it's loose and may shake around, try listening without driving and see if it still skips.
my old cd player used to do that too so i got a new one

t-im
03-19-2005, 01:36 AM
Maybe your burning the cd too fast (the disc isn't specified for that speed) thats what my problem was, and the middle tracks always came out fucked

88CRX
03-19-2005, 02:13 AM
its the type of cd's.... guaranteed.

i bought some cheap ones... they all did it after song 15-20ish... bought a new burner.... same problem.... bought some new blanks, nice kodiak ones... and its fine.

BokCh0y
03-19-2005, 10:42 AM
I use the Maxell brand CD's. I've heard they're a pretty good brand. As for the speed, the blank cd-r's are rated at a maximum burning speed of 52x. My burner is only 32x so it won't even burn that fast. I've read on other forums about my CD Changer and everyone has mentioned that it just doesn't like burnt CD's in general......kinda weird if you ask me.

eblend
03-19-2005, 08:23 PM
i think i know the reason for your problems, pending on how old your unit is, back in the day of music cds before there were home burners, they used to make cds that were 74 min long at MOST! now there are 80 min cds, thats 6 extra minutes of music on there, which is about 60 megs of extra data, now the disk didn't change, the layers didn't change, they just squeeeezed a lil more data out of it, and that makes the disk come awfully close to the edge, and some cd drives can't keep track of data that close to the edge and may act up, i have had this happen on some older computer cd drives as well

another thing that could be is the cds, but u said u use maxell and they are good, but try and get another blank and give it a shot. Pending on color of the dye used in making cdr blanks, some may work better then others, such as gold bottomed vs green vs blueish, try around and see, or perphans just ur maxells were part of a bad batch, as a bad cdr has an uneven dye right around the edge and can mess up data

hope u figure out your problem